Rate Pattaya International Hospital please

prk888

i am a very safisfied patient of BPH (except for the extraordinarily high pharmacy prices of course) and I accept that private healthcare worldwide is expensive. It seems i am going to have to be be 'regular' hospital visitor for some while so i wonder if there are equally good and perhaps less expensive alternatives. The treatment is likely to be chemo.

Let me ask ........... if you have been under Pattaya International how would you rate it on a scale of 1:10 (10 being the very best). I realise every case/situation/problem/person/doctor is different but a general overall grading of the hospital & its facilities would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had three minor operations at BIH and all were painless physically and monetary wise. One was fluid on an elbow, another was a biopsy for a suspected (but proven benign) skin cancer growth and the third was a carbuncle in an embarrassing place. I recall that even the most expensive of those (the biopsy) was just over 4,500 baht - inclusive of operations, lab tests, medication and dressing of wound for a few visits.

I always recommended the PIH, until I had to spend there five days hospitalised and thereafter OPD aftercare.

Whereas the surgeon was very good, but not on payroll with the PIH, the nurses both upstairs and at the emergency ward did not impress me much.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife suffered a torn rotator cuff and was at PIH for physiotherapy weekly for 8 months, and she was very satisfied with the care and professionalism. She had to make a 4 week trip to Australia in the middle of this period, and connected with a physiotherapist there to keep up the treatment. She rates the care she received at PIH as better than that she received in Australia.

I have used PIH for minor issues - an ear infection and a consultation concerning possible cataracts. The experience was fine in both instances.

Edited by WaywardWind

Went to BHP, the one on Suk north of Photosan. Had some gall stones that resulted in a kidney infection. Really I just went to get a prescription, should have just sent my gf to the pharma. They did a hand held ultrasound which was OK with me. The thing is, the lady doc, wanted me to stay in the hospital for 1 - 3 days for observation! I declined. It was a bit pricey but being from America still cheap for me comparatively.

Medication at BHP isn't overly expensive. They only use brand name drugs, which will cost exactly the same at Fascino. Been there, done that.

What people are confused with is that at Fascino in most cases you're able to get generic version of the same medication prescribed at BHP, which are remarkebly cheaper.

Medication at BHP isn't overly expensive. They only use brand name drugs, which will cost exactly the same at Fascino. Been there, done that.

What people are confused with is that at Fascino in most cases you're able to get generic version of the same medication prescribed at BHP, which are remarkebly cheaper.

I can't believe that, sorry.

You don't have to believe me, you can do the test yourself.

Get the detailed bill from BHP, then go to Fascino and ask for the exact same brand name drug and compare.

As I said, been there done that.

BHP makes it outrageous charges on doctors fee's and rooms.

Hmmm....I needed some antibiotics from PIH last year. Got them there as I was in pain. Went to Boots and the exact same drug was about 50% less. Same exact manufacturer, same exact dosage.

I only got a weeks supply, so the amount wasn't a big deal. But it was definitely more expensive.

• Like 1

Hmmm....I needed some antibiotics from PIH last year. Got them there as I was in pain. Went to Boots and the exact same drug was about 50% less. Same exact manufacturer, same exact dosage.

I only got a weeks supply, so the amount wasn't a big deal. But it was definitely more expensive.

You noticed I was mentioning BHP and not PIH ?

So from your comment it's clear that PIH is overcharging on meds.

thats entirely incorrect

i am not even slightly confused

that would be you just trying to disrupt my post with speculation

i have compared like for like drugs on many occasions and they are 50-60% more at BPH

i was once asked 860 for one ampoule of insulin at BPH

i got x5 for 1660 at Fascino

i was with my friend at BPH only the other day

he was prescribed meds at BPH at over 10,000 baht cost

we followed my guidelines

he got exactly the same meds at Fascino for 5300

• Like 2

Get the detailed bill from BHP, then go to Fascino and ask for the exact same brand name drug and compare.

its clear you have not been there and done that or you would not say this

BHP doctors fee are not outrageous either

i usually pay 4-500 baht to see a consultant

PRK: are you focusing only on Pattaya hospitals or would you consider hospitals in BKK, Sattahip or Chonburi?

Agree 100% - far too many people are fixated on Pattaya. Personally I think Phyathai is far better. Hint : ask for Gavin

I also had a minor moto accident and drove myself to Pattaya International. I had abrasions and very sore right side. A doctor asked me some appropriate questions, checked my abrasions and a nurse did the wound cleaning. Got 3 meds. This is 1 in the morning. My bill was 780 baht. In my followup care for dressing changes, each visit was cheaper than the next, average 180 baht. I was very satisfied overall.

Don't know why so many people waste money.

Coming off 3rd Road on to Soi Lengkee, the first unit on the right, is Dr Desdchit.

He is by far the best GP, in pattaya and knows a hell of a lot more then in those stupidly overpriced hospitals. Perfect English, extremely intelligent, and down to earth.

Can't see what the fuss is about meds from BPH - if you don't want to pay their price just get them elsewhere. Both mine and my daughters doctors at BPH asked without prompting if we wanted them to write a prescription rather than get meds from the pharmacy there.

Can't see what the fuss is about meds from BPH - if you don't want to pay their price just get them elsewhere. Both mine and my daughters doctors at BPH asked without prompting if we wanted them to write a prescription rather than get meds from the pharmacy there.

i think that's the point i was making

i am happy you found sympathetic doctors who understand the price gouging on meds

Friend got prescription from Cardiologist at BPH.

BPH pharmacy would charge approx. THB 10,000 per month for the whole lot.

Fascino charges approx. THB 6,000 for the same (no generic alternatives) including the Fascino discount.

IF you like to take the risk, you could do it a lot cheaper with generic alternatives, but they cause other side effects in some cases; beware!

• Like 1

Friend got prescription from Cardiologist at BPH.

BPH pharmacy would charge approx. THB 10,000 per month for the whole lot.

Fascino charges approx. THB 6,000 for the same (no generic alternatives) including the Fascino discount.

IF you like to take the risk, you could do it a lot cheaper with generic alternatives, but they cause other side effects in some cases; beware!

thanks for that clarification Joe

Went through cancer/chemo treatment with 2 friends (lung and prostate). Both have died since. Both times ended up in http://www.bangkokhospital.com/wattanosoth/, which is much better suited with qualified doctors. A few years back they had only part-time cancer ward in BPH, with "travelling" doctors, who were nice enough but clearly not informed on newest treatment options.

Also cost in both cases got VERY high.
Anyway, if it is not a standard, proven chemo, i would fly to Australia, USA or Europe. These days you can verify so much on the internet and will realize very quickly if their treatment protocol is up to date. Good luck. PF.

• Like 1