Mixed questions - Garden, shipping goods from Thailand ect.

LemonLady

I plan on renting a house with a good sized garden, mainly lawn. I don't want much greenery, trees ect.

So I was wondering:

* Approx. how much does it cost to have someone mow the lawn and how often should it be done? I really don't see myself mow and remove the grass with a rake thereafterwink.png

and:

* Does anyone know what it typically costs to have something shipped via ship from Thailand to Northern Europe? i was just wondering if I would be able to ship a sofa (for 2 people).

I also plan to buy or rent a scooter. It doesn't need to be new but should be working great. I don't have a license so should not require that - I also want it to be really comfortable to ride and good storage room is a plus. Would be great if I could carry stuff on the front or the back of it.

Can you recommend places to look for either new scooters or used ones?

Hi Lemon Lady,The cost for having your grass cut,trees trimmed ,depending on size of the garden

should be from bht 300 to bht 500, thats just for a normal size garden, how often it needs cutting

depends on the season,wet season at least once per month, dry seaso

n not at all really as grows

very slowly then.

Plenty of 2nd hand motor bikes for sale at the rear of Raumchoke market,on the Mae Jo road,

this is also a good area to look for a house,as you have a wet market,2 supermarkets,a soon

to be opened Mall,plenty Banks,and lots transport to get you into town.

You will need license to drive motor bike here,easy to obtain, they dont have scooters here

they are mostly Hondas,Suzukis, a Yamaha Fino is the nearest thing to a Vespa, if thats what

you call a scooter.

regards Worgeordie

Hi Lemon Lady,The cost for having your grass cut,trees trimmed ,depending on size of the garden

should be from bht 300 to bht 500, thats just for a normal size garden, how often it needs cutting

depends on the season,wet season at least once per month, dry seaso

n not at all really as grows

very slowly then.

Plenty of 2nd hand motor bikes for sale at the rear of Raumchoke market,on the Mae Jo road,

this is also a good area to look for a house,as you have a wet market,2 supermarkets,a soon

to be opened Mall,plenty Banks,and lots transport to get you into town.

You will need license to drive motor bike here,easy to obtain, they dont have scooters here

they are mostly Hondas,Suzukis, a Yamaha Fino is the nearest thing to a Vespa, if thats what

you call a scooter.

regards Worgeordie

Okay.

I'll might have a large garden, up to 500 m2 but there will be almost no trees or plants/greenery.

I had thought more in the lines of this:

http://www.newscooters4less.com/gainesville-scooters/gainesville-scooter-49cc/metro-retro-scooter-330.html

http://www.fantom-xp.com/wp_27__Piaggio_MP3_Scooter.html (4 wheels would be awesome indeed!)

http://speedsyndicate.net/yoko/energy_fair_site/images/motor_scooter.jpg (electric scooter)

I bought an electric mower for ฿3000 and mowed my own lawn and got some exercise as required.

It's quiet, efficient, and the grass catcher means no raking of leaves or grass.

"I'll might have a large garden, up to 500 m2 but there will be almost no trees or plants/greenery."

Are you planing a desert type landscape? Or a garden for growing veggies and herbs?

No, I'm not planning that smile.png

But the houses I have looked at so far have gardens about that size.

I see you have lots of questions. One good resource is the manual published by the Raintree center. It's called "Helpful Hints for Getting Settled in Chiang Mai." It has lots of useful information for farangs looking to settle in Chiang Mai. Last time I got one, it was free. I did make a donation. I don't think the manual is available online, so you'll have to wait until you get here. Here's the GPS info: 18.789033,99.00522

Here's their website: http://cmcchurch.org/wordpress/?page_id=535