Best burger I have found in BKK

Lonewolf77

Fatty's is #1 by a LONG shot. Not only the best burger in Bangkok, probably the best burger I've ever had.

Amp Burger near Ari is impressive, too.

25 degrees in Silom, very good but very pricey.

Chokchai most of the time, extra points for their homemade salsa-style ketchup.

Bully's also, surprisingly, as their other food leaves a lot to be desired.

Carl's Jr. is a step up for the local fast food scene.

Roadhouse is okay. Was not impressed with Firehouse or BKK Burger Co.

El Goucho sounds risky for the price, but shall try eventually.

McDonalds... you're kidding, right?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fatty's is #1 by a LONG shot. Not only the best burger in Bangkok, probably the best burger I've ever had.

Amp Burger near Ari is impressive, too.

25 degrees in Silom, very good but very pricey.

Chokchai most of the time, extra points for their homemade salsa-style ketchup.

Bully's also, surprisingly, as their other food leaves a lot to be desired.

Carl's Jr. is a step up for the local fast food scene.

Roadhouse is okay. Was not impressed with Firehouse or BKK Burger Co.

El Goucho sounds risky for the price, but shall try eventually.

McDonalds... you're kidding, right?

I like Chokchai for their steaks.... but lately their burgers have been pedestrian at best, and they seem to have acquired a bad habit of serving 7/11 type hamburger buns that taste like they've been sitting around a few days.

I reviewed BKK Burger Co. here in another thread... as well as Firehouse. In both places, really not good service on our visits, and not particularly good burgers IMHO.

On the calendar to try Fatty's and 25 Degrees.... Still thinking about if I love burgers enough to shell out big time for El Goucho... smile.png

I was by Carl's Jr at Nana Square today around lunchtime, and was a bit surprised, and pleased, to see quite a few blue-shirted KrungThai bank office ladies dropping by to get some kind of burgers there. Not sure if they were going for the beef or chicken instead. But I saw a couple of middle aged bank ladies carrying out big bags of food to take back to their office. smile.png KT Bank has a big HQ or office complex on Suk Rd. just up the street from the Carl's and BK there...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Right, I just checked out the Burger Factory on Sukhumvit 63, Soi 10 in Ekkamai.

That was a flippin' great burger!

Hit all the right spots and at the end of my soi, result!

I went for the house burger, their go-to burger.

They cook them medium, it wa done medium well which is perfect for a burger. The consistencey of the mince meat was right, something I thought was wrong at Fattys.

The bun was great - fresh, like a brioche influenced bun. So great burger, with cheese, two strips of very crispy bacon, some sort of burger sauce relish and also they put on the other bun a slightly spicy sauce which gives it a litle bit of heat but it really all works very well in combination.

The fries were good - better than Fatty's. Not the "best I've ever had" but perfectly good enough. A few more would have been nice but it wasn't under-average.

I ate it with my hands after compressing it all down - you HAVE to eat a burger with your hands, knife and fork just doesn't cut it (pun!)

It was very nice, I enjoyed every bite and took my time. Nice venue, nice staff. Good selection of beers and lots of global wines ranging from 750 - 2200 a bottle.

Bill for the house burger (comes with a side of your choice) and 1 Singha beer came to 450 baht ish.

So the burger is about 350. A supersized McDonalds in 210 so well worth going to!

I would recommend no problem and I will certainly go back. Not every day of course but a good place for a well made tasty burger.

EAT IT WITH YOUR HANDS!

• Like 1

Right, I just checked out the Burger Factory on Sukhumvit 63, Soi 10 in Ekkamai.

They cook them medium, it wa done medium well which is perfect for a burger. The consistencey of the mince meat was right, something I thought was wrong at Fattys.

The bun was great - fresh, like a brioche influenced bun. So great burger, with cheese, two strips of very crispy bacon, some sort of burger sauce relish and also they put on the other bun a slightly spicy sauce which gives it a litle bit of heat but it really all works very well in combination.

The fries were good - better than Fatty's. Not the "best I've ever had" but perfectly good enough. A few more would have been nice but it wasn't under-average.

I ate it with my hands after compressing it all down - you HAVE to eat a burger with your hands, knife and fork just doesn't cut it (pun!)

It was very nice, I enjoyed every bite and took my time. Nice venue, nice staff. Good selection of beers and lots of global wines ranging from 750 - 2200 a bottle.

Bill for the house burger (comes with a side of your choice) and 1 Singha beer came to 450 baht ish.

So the burger is about 350. A supersized McDonalds in 210 so well worth going to!

I would recommend no problem and I will certainly go back. Not every day of course but a good place for a well made tasty burger.

EAT IT WITH YOUR HANDS!

How far from BB st. ? unsure.png

Burger Factory is on Ekkamai Soi 10, Bourbon Street is on Soi 1 or 3 I think? So grab a Motorcye and tell him Soi Sip. You will be there in under 2 minutes. As you turn down Soi 10 Health Land will be on your right and Burger Factory is in the back of the parking lot on your left. Enjoy.

Burger Factory is on Ekkamai Soi 10, Bourbon Street is on Soi 1 or 3 I think? So grab a Motorcye and tell him Soi Sip. You will be there in under 2 minutes. As you turn down Soi 10 Health Land will be on your right and Burger Factory is in the back of the parking lot on your left. Enjoy.

Ok, thanks! biggrin.png

Edited by bergen

The search for the best "American style" burger keeps bringing me back to the Bus Stop, Suk Soi 4. I've tried them all. Burgers are not supposed to be gourmet, designer, or beautiful. They are supposed to be greasy, sloppy, messy, meaty helpings of joy. The Bus Stop does it right. No beats, no eggs, no chili sauce, no flowers. Try the bacon cheese burger for just about ~100baht. You will feel like you are home again enjoying a picnic at the lake, or at a tailgate party at a 49'ers game. These other places don't know what a real burger is all about.. IMHO.

• Like 2

EAT IT WITH YOUR HANDS!

Damn you and your delicious description. I will put this on my must go list when I get back to town. Sounds like a great burger!

• Like 1

So what's Bourbon Street?

A Bkk restaurant/hotel that has been around for at least 25 years. Used to be in Washington Sq./Suk 22 but built new in Soi 63 and moved a year or 2 ago. Serves Cajun/Creole food with specials like Mexican buffets on Tuesdays. Good selection of beer and wine and not too expensive......... One of my favorite places to have a good meal! licklips.gifbiggrin.png

The bun was great - fresh, like a brioche influenced bun.

That's a good sign...

So often here, a lot of places seem to use cheap or bad/tasteless buns... which really makes for a miserable burger...

That's a good sign...

So often here, a lot of places seem to use cheap or bad/tasteless buns... which really makes for a miserable burger...

It's true - all the elements must be right, especially the bun!

Burger Factory, one thing I forgot to mention was that the bacon was VERY crispy - this might not be to everyones taste. I was biting into it and thinking, what is that crunchy stuff? I thought it might be where they perhaps burnt the burger on the grill but then I realised it was the bacon.

I actually likied it, it added another dimension of texture and the flavour was very good. But just a note for those who prefer a softer bacon.

Overall, I'll say it again, it was a really good burger by anywhere's standards! I've had a few in London, some good, some not, this one was up there with the best.

It DID have that sloppy goodness that I agree a burger MUST have! Hence my eating it with your hands, it's a burger, knives and forks must be thrown out the window!

Thanks for tips on Bourbon St, I'll go.

That's a good sign...

Burger Factory, one thing I forgot to mention was that the bacon was VERY crispy - this might not be to everyones taste. I was biting into it and thinking, what is that crunchy stuff? I thought it might be where they perhaps burnt the burger on the grill but then I realised it was the bacon.

I actually likied it, it added another dimension of texture and the flavour was very good. But just a note for those who prefer a softer bacon.

Overall, I'll say it again, it was a really good burger by anywhere's standards! I've had a few in London, some good, some not, this one was up there with the best.

It DID have that sloppy goodness that I agree a burger MUST have! Hence my eating it with your hands, it's a burger, knives and forks must be thrown out the window!

Thanks for tips on Bourbon St, I'll go

Every Tue. he has an all you can eat tex-mex buffet for around 300. Recommended

That's a good sign...

Thanks for tips on Bourbon St, I'll go

Every Tue. he has an all you can eat tex-mex buffet for around 300. Recommended

Absolutely!! biggrin.png

Edited by bergen

Banyan Tree's Wagyu hamburger? Really?

910 is the price of their burger, right???  Posted Image

If you're going to post on a burger like that, at least fess up on the price!

Was 550++......I marked it down for being TOO juicy. :lol:

There now... that didn't hurt so much.... except when you went to pay the bill! tongue.png

645 baht all in for their wagyu burger... That beats the El Goucho burger in the OP here in terms of climbing the burger price scale.

That's approximately $21 for the burger and the teensy sides of fries and cole slaw...

On a side note, while I'm not one to rush out and pay sky high prices for supposed wagyu burgers, I was at the Landmark Hotel some months back when they were having a lunch special that included a wagyu burger for a much more reasonable price. Tried it, and regretted it. Not a good burger at all, including IMHO, not very good tasting meat.

It seems I've had much better burger experiences with Angus and/or ground sirloin mixes... But then, everyone has their own preferences.

There now... that didn't hurt so much.... except when you went to pay the bill! Posted Image

645 baht all in for their wagyu burger... That beats the El Goucho burger in the OP here in terms of climbing the burger price scale.

That's approximately $21 for the burger and the teensy sides of fries and cole slaw...

On a side note, while I'm not one to rush out and pay sky high prices for supposed wagyu burgers, I was at the Landmark Hotel some months back when they were having a lunch special that included a wagyu burger for a much more reasonable price. Tried it, and regretted it. Not a good burger at all, including IMHO, not very good tasting meat.

It seems I've had much better burger experiences with Angus and/or ground sirloin mixes... But then, everyone has their own preferences.

Its the best burger I've eaten in Bangkok.....but I have had better elsewhere.

There now... that didn't hurt so much.... except when you went to pay the bill! tongue.png

I love wagyu beef--except for in burgers. I have tried maybe half a dozen at various places, and the meat seems bland and soft.

Now for steaks, corned beef (yes, corned beef, the best I have ever tasted) prime rib, roast beef--wagyu is great.

Not in Thailand, but in Manila two weeks ago, I got a burger for 180 pesos (about 135 baht), I had a simply great burger. It was a mixture of short ribs, hanger, sirloin, chuck, and brisket. I would love for them to open up a place here!

I went to El Gaucho on Friday. I thought about trying the burger, but I wimped out and got the 500 g ribeye instead (it was on another company's tab.)

I love wagyu beef--except for in burgers. I have tried maybe half a dozen at various places, and the meat seems bland and soft.

Funny you should say that Bonobo... I too have had wagyu at high end Japanese restaurants back in California, and loved it.. Served as wagyu sushi and several other ways, including thin sliced and grilled. Delicious.

But indeed, every time I've had a wagyu hamburger anywhere, and not just in Thailand, I too have found the burgers "bland and soft".

I was thinking in my prior post how to say what I didn't find appealing about those burgers, including the one at the Landmark. And you hit the nail on the head. The texture of the burgers was almost like eating a kind of meatloaf.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Everybody has their own preferences and opinions, as clearly reflected here...

For me, I don't get the attraction of some of these upper scale burger places serving up high priced burgers smothered in all kinds of c**p sauces and toppings. I like parmesan cheese, like mushrooms, like bacon, like barbecue sauce, etc etc.... But I don't really want them messing with my burgers.

If I order a hamburger at a cheap or an expensive place, I want it to take like a HAMBURGER... I want to taste the charbroiled beef, want some fresh onion, tomato and lettuce, want a tasty, toasted bun that doesn't taste like it came from 7/11 or is so thick I can't fit the burger in my mouth. Maybe a bit of mayo or mustard. And maybe one simple topping at most. And that's all!

For the places that like to smother their burgers in all kinds of junk toppings/sauces, it makes me think that either a) they're simply finding ways to jack up their menu prices and/or b] their basic burger makings aren't good enough to stand on their own, so they need to adulterate the dish with all kinds of distractions.

If it's a really good hamburger, it ought to be able to stand on its own. That's MY opinion!

This El Gauocho place is not a burger place, its a steak house, they just happen to serve burgers too.

And yes, the price is so high because of the rent (Asoke is the center of Bangkok) and the foreign staff, and probably bigger portions.

Anyway - their reviews on TripAdvisor are very very good, so I guess the food is worth the price for most people.

My comments that you quote above weren't aimed per se at El Goucho, since I haven't eaten their food as yet.

But rather, as my post indicated, I was talking in general about "these upper scale burger places serving up high priced burgers smothered in all kinds of c**p sauces and toppings" -- like some of the burger examples posted by other members elsewhere in this thread.

The Wagyu was posted as best I have had in Bangkok....I also agree there are better types and cuts to use for burgers.

Also absolutely agree regarding use of mayo/ketchup or any other sauce.

I want the flavour to be primarily the burger....with cheese, bacon and onion in the background.