Best burger I have found in BKK

Lonewolf77

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the "best," but pretty darn good is the burger at Angel City Diner on Soi 11. They use Australian Angus beef, it's almost 200 Baht cheaper than the Argentinian place, and it comes with fries or tater tots, and cole slaw if I remember correctly.

Carl's in Nana Square is the best. Roughly 169 baht for the Famous Star with cheese. Carl's is hit and miss though. If the burgers are fresh, they're excellent--no different from the USA. But my last visit the burgers were premaid. The bun was stale, and the meat was cold.

Subway is consistently good. A footlong will set you back 219 baht. And it's no different from the US.

McDonald's is consistent, too, though they sometimes pass off old fries.

This Argentine post is a veiled advert.

Edited by KhunHehe

If I'm spending that much, I'm not going for fast food. And make no mistake, if it comes on a bun, it's fast food.

The Original db Burger is $42 at the location in Singapore, so that is around 1000 baht, and while I do not think it is a great burger (too much richness), it is certainly NOT fast food.

A long drive, but I find the Outback Golf Bar's the best burger in Thailand but it takes about a 1 1/2 hr (from Bkk) to get to it on the dark side in East Pattaya SSCC Road.

Edited by jmccarty

.... I'm a true believer of you get what you pay for.

In Thailand you pay for what you get, and you get whatever they can be bothered with. And if you pay USD 30.00 for a Wagu burger, you're a fashion victim. But go ahead, it's good for the economy.

Burger vote: Hard Rock at around THB400 - a rip off, but it fits the bill when you need an American Food fix.

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

When Fuddruckers opens up in Bangkok, I may change my mind.

Fuddruckers Had one back home. they didn't last. No surprise here with that.

If I'm spending that much, I'm not going for fast food. And make no mistake, if it comes on a bun, it's fast food.

The Original db Burger is $42 at the location in Singapore, so that is around 1000 baht, and while I do not think it is a great burger (too much richness), it is certainly NOT fast food.

If it comes on a bun, It's fast food.

No matter what it cost, how they presented it, or how long it took them to get it to you.

490 Baht for a burger!?

Oh! It came with chips and salad.

Well! I

490 Baht for a burger!????????

Thats great! I'll only have to teach English an hour and 45 minutes to pay for this!!!!

Oh, make that 2 hours, I'll want something to drink, too....!

• Like 1

"Eat am are" have tasty burgers. I think i payed 80 b for a cheeseburger with fries, and it was quite good. Especially considering the price.

In fact all food at that place is great and cheap.

It's a Thai place.

Edited by aalek85th

490 Baht for a burger!?

Was it prepared by Gordon Ramsay and served by Tata Young in a g-string?

Oh! It came with chips and salad. My bad!

If you are poor, stick with McDonalds!

If the meat is excelant quality, and nice surroundings that's a fair price.

• Like 2

If it comes on a bun, It's fast food.

No matter what it cost, how they presented it, or how long it took them to get it to you.

yr right, u could be wrong [from yr motto@ yr avatar] . A proper burger is definitely NOT fast food. It's an art form.

• Like 1

490 Baht for a burger!?

Was it prepared by Gordon Ramsay and served by Tata Young in a g-string?

Oh! It came with chips and salad. My bad!

If you are poor, stick with McDonalds!

If the meat is excelant quality, and nice surroundings that's a fair price.

I haven't eaten that burger, but the point is if you can get a similar thing for 80 baht, why on earth would you go and pay 500 for it ?

I can bet you that this burger is not 6 times better then the burger from fatty's or eat am are. The reason why shit is overpriced is that they need to pay rent .. a lot more then some place on din daeng road. And a lot of other stuff besides rent as well. Not because the meat is better.

It's common sense. But people seem to have problem with 'common' sense.

Edited by aalek85th

Bangkok Burger Company does some decent burgers with fries for 400-500 baht range!

Aussie Burger

post-118262-0-08745700-1372069163_thumb.

post-118262-0-44207700-1372069190_thumb.

Lucha Libre Burger

post-118262-0-61943300-1372069238_thumb.

post-118262-0-69678400-1372069288_thumb.

NYC Burger

post-118262-0-04671400-1372069312_thumb.

Although I still think Carl's Junior

Superstar combo with extra Bacon at 300 baht is the best one! thumbsup.giftongue.png

post-118262-0-59620300-1372069434_thumb.

plahgat

My favorite burgers at the moment are from Fatty's bar and diner.

More than a contender with the ones mentioned, and prices start at 160 baht; comes with a side and pickle.

where is Fattys?

Use www.ixquick.com best search engine, private

"Eat am are" have tasty burgers. I think i payed 80 b for a cheeseburger with fries, and it was quite good. Especially considering the price.

In fact all food at that place is great and cheap.

It's a Thai place.

I would strongly suggest avoiding beef in any incarnation at Eat Am Are. They are a great value for pork products and very popular with local university students but to say all their food is great is a bit of a stretch. They serve a Texas Toast style garlic bread which is slathered with a mixture of faux cheese and palm oil and top many offerings with a weird synthetic gravy like substance. Having said that, their pork offering really are very good and their prices are very low but it is definitely the sort of place that caters exclusively to local tastes (ie they sell western food Thai style with an emphasis on cost control).

Soi 11 The Pub, good American 1/2lb hand made Cheeseburger..............@ Impulse and I have had Fudruckers, nothing more than a piece of meat and a lb of salad on top (you put it there yourself) put nothing and you have a hunk of meat and bread.clap2.gifclap2.gif

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

When Fuddruckers opens up in Bangkok, I may change my mind.

Carl's great, excellent shakes too (see obesity thread).

But have you actually eaten at the places that charge 5-10x the price? Not saying they're good value, but not competing in the same league either.

I have paid significantly more for a burger- usually at business meals where the $25 burger is still the cheapest thing on the menu, but obviously not at all the choices. They have never been better than a Carl's Jr double meat.

When I hear about a great burger for 490 baht, (that usually ends up being a bill for 600 or more), I'm not even really tempted. If I'm spending that much, I'm not going for fast food. And make no mistake, if it comes on a bun, it's fast food.

BTW, even Carl's Jr is pushing the price envelope at about 100 baht more than an equivalent burger at Burger King (equivalent, but not equal IMHO) and double the price of McDonalds (which has no equivalent burger at all- not even close).

Gray Hamburger at McDonalds..............Where's The Beef!!!!

Anyone try the burgers at Firehouse at Soi 11, dam_n good. I go for their "New York" burger, with pastrami and spicy English mustard and the normal lettuce/tomato/onion toppings, comes with a choice of side (french fries, wedge potatoes, onion rings, cole slaw, etc) And all the pickles and peanuts you can eat Most burgers less than thb 350, one of the better burgers in Bangkok

fire house is 100 meters from my house and while good, they are not great.