PM Yingluck dressed in red, attends niece's wedding

webfact

PM dressed in red, attends niece's wedding

BANGKOK, (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra attended her niece’s wedding, Chayika Wongnapachant, the sldest daughter of Ms Yingluck’s elder sister’s. The Premier also gave a warm speech to the bride and groom.

Ms Yingluck, dressed in red gown, showed up at her niece’s wedding and presided over the ceremony. The bride, Chayika Wongnapachant, working at the Secretariat of the Cabinet, is the daughter of Yaowaret Shinawatra’s.

The groom is a businessman and son of former Petchaburi politician. The wedding was held a Plaza Athenee Hotel in Bangkok.

Others attending the wedding included the Shinawatra clan, Education Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana, former Deputy Prime Minister Chaturon Chaisang, and other Pheu Thai Party leaders.

Self-exiled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra also called in to congratulate the bride and groom.

The just-got-married couple will be travelling to Europe for their honeymoon. The two also expressed their appreciation to those attending the wedding.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-06-24 footer_n.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She made a speech, wonder if it came with a translation and did she try to run away when someone approached to thank her?

What's the need to highlight the colour of her dress, red signifies luck in Chinese culture.

Self-exiled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra also called in to congratulate the bride and groom

That's a bit misleading...

It was actually a pre-recorded message tongue.png

And shouldn't that be ex-prime minister? :o

This thread is worthless without pictures.

Probably equally worthless with pictures "who actually gives a shyt about who's wedding she was attending, where they are going on their honeymoon or what colour dress she was wearing"

• Like 1

She made a speech, wonder if it came with a translation and did she try to run away when someone approached to thank her?

What's the need to highlight the colour of her dress, red signifies luck in Chinese culture.

Red dress.... red shirt.

This thread is worthless without pictures.

Yingluck wore red to her portly niece's wedding

6_-_copy_1371912626.jpg;r:width=580;stat

It's nice to see that Yingluck has time for those with special needs....

Now that's what I call a "Fine Sense of Humor" ! ! ! !

You actually stated what most of us were thinking, without realizing that we were actually thinking it ! ! !

Whoaaaaaaa ! !

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It's nice to see PM Yingluck has her priorities in order. Not one single word from her (the self proclaimed champion of women's rights) on the poor Karen child that was tourtured. Can you spell hypocrite?

Well people I think she looks great in the dress, without been in rude, I think she is a very well spoken woman and a classy dresser, why turn a family function into a political issue?

maybe the next wedding I attend i'll wear a bright orange tux!!! now that's classy yeah;-)

Well people I think she looks great in the dress, without been in rude, I think she is a very well spoken woman and a classy dresser, why turn a family function into a political issue?

maybe the next wedding I attend i'll wear a bright orange tux!!! now that's classy yeah;-)

The Shinawatras are Thailand's social (dare I say it?)"royalty".

They are happy to be front and center of everything and thus, whether they like it or not, offer themselves up, one and all, for lampooning and comments both favorable and less complimentary.

Yes, she's a 'well spoken' woman, in her native tongue, as are millions of other Thais.

She is a classy dresser indeed, but, in her own sweet way, so was Miss Piggy.post-9891-0-71309600-1372073882_thumb.jp

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

It was going swimmingly until the well spoken bit.

Thank you 3 times.

• Like 2

Others attending the wedding included the Shinawatra clan, Education Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana, former Deputy Prime Minister Chaturon Chaisang, and other Pheu Thai Party leaders.

Self-exiled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra also called in to congratulate the bride and groom.

The just-got-married couple will be travelling to Europe for their honeymoon

I would have thought they would join the group flight with the others to Hong Kong