Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Louis Vuitton-toting Thai monk thinks he'll just stay put in France for a while

webfact

Louis Vuitton-toting monk thinks he’ll just stay put in France for a while
By Coconuts Bangkok

564719_444494392305706_257053841_n.jpg
Photo: Luang Pu Nenkham Chattigo's Facebook public page

BANGKOK: -- Yesterday, Luang Pu Nenkham Chattigo, the head abbot of Wat Pa Khanti Dhamma, canceled plans to attend a Buddhist ritual held at his temple from June 27 to 30.

The monk, who has faced vociferous complaints about his materialistic lifestyle, assigned his fellow, Luang Pu Khao, to attend the ceremony on his behalf. Luang Pu Khao told Spring News that Luang Pu Nenkham planned to stay in France and had no date planned for his return to Thailand.

After a video caught Luang Pu Nenkham on a private jet, wearing Ray-Ban Aviators and sporting a Louis-Vuitton bag [more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/26/louis-vuitton-toting-monk-thinks-hell-just-stay-put-france-while

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-06-27

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may be i have missed the point ... but just is this so called monk doing in france .... may be someone can tell me .... or is he there scaming more money from ...hard working honest ppl .... thailand should be ashamed of its self ... bring him back here to answer for his actions .....

ohhh i for got he's a monk .... yet just one more thai untouch able ..... ..

may be i have missed the point ... but just is this so called monk doing in france .... may be someone can tell me .... or is he there scaming more money from ...hard working honest ppl .... thailand should be ashamed of its self ... bring him back here to answer for his actions .....

Bring him back? His actions?

How do you suggest they do that and under what grounds?

• Like 1

Must be in France stocking up on more Louis-Vuitton bags and other

luxury brand name stuff,is he traveling by himself or does he have

company?, If this was a high British cleric, the British tabloids would

be hounding him to the ends of the world. Ah well nice work if you

can get it.

Regards Worgeordie

Not sure what you would define as a "high" cleric, but I don't know that this guy would meet such a definition or is comparable to such a person.

One wonders if his followers abroad have any idea of the scandal surrounding Luang Pu Nenkham Chattigo. Any related news items in foreign press ?

Edited by metisdead
Weird font reset to normal.

If things get really hot I'm sure there is a spare room available in a villa in Dubai. Of course with over one billion baht in assets, I'm sure this "monk" can buy his own estate.

• Like 2

What does having taste and class have to do with commitment to one's religion?

Where does any country or political or judicial entity think they have a mandate to dictate and enforce religious behavior?

How does any country justify outrage at a monk having a few finer things of life while allowing religious separatists to commandeer the southern part of their country through killing innocent people?

• Like 1

Is this the religious equilivant of an "inactive post", the modern version of perguratory? Not being a smart arse, just asking.

People are sent to "inactive posts" - and while they aren't necessarily all that unpleasant, they generally are probably not as pleasant as a posh self exile in France.

• Like 1

by plane

by plane

OK, thanks.

And if he doesn't wish to get on a plane or come back to Thailand to "answer for his actions" (whatever that means)?

• Like 1

all religions are corrupt, when they threaten you with hell you know it is a scam, the old carrot and stick approach

Totally agree, Blxxdy parasites the lot of them! They couldn't give a monkeys for their so called 'Flock', just take the money from the poor and the vulnerable to build more and more edificies that we don't need and they all have there insidious ways of threatening their believers with one form of retribution or another if they don't 'follow the line'. Specifically, with regard to the 'Buddhist faith', if this as one person has commented is NOT a Religion but a way of life, then why do they need 'Temples and images of the Budha'?