What features would you like manufactures to offer on scooters

crasala

Bigger engine, larger tires and breaks, manual g-box, larger fuel tank between my legs, not under my butt,,, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. biggrin.png

Actually I like the gas tank under my butt so I have space between my legs for carrying things: groceries, case of whiskey/beer/wine, TV sets, tool case, boxes of merchandise from my trips to Big C/Tesco/Makro, my dogs, my cats, small children without helmets (never mind, I don't allow small children on my scooter...the dogs are much more obedient) - you know, those sorts of things. wink.png

I'm not sure about bigger engines either. My 125cc goes faster than my 250cc, although the 250cc will out accelerate the 125cc...but it's a moot point because Thai's don't know how to accelerate so I'm a kilometer ahead of all the BMWs and Hiluxs prior to them passing me at 140 +km/h, just to have me split traffic and get in front of them all at the next stop light. Rinse/repeat.

And Triple AAA service so I can get my tires repaired when I'm out in Timbuktu. Wishful thinking smile.png

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Auditory indication when the turn signal is operating. The light is fine but many people don't look at it and drive long periods not knowing the turn signal is on.

You beat me to this one. After three years of daily riding I still leave it on. I now leave my finger on the switch till after I switch it off.

• Like 1

Auditory indication when the turn signal is operating. The light is fine but many people don't look at it and drive long periods not knowing the turn signal is on.

You beat me to this one. After three years of daily riding I still leave it on. I now leave my finger on the switch till after I switch it off.

Glad to know it is not just me who does this.

Remove all the mirrors except one for make up and hair - take off the indicators as they are seldom used and make the bikes slimmer so that they can be parked up even closer to your car even though when you parked , you took the trouble to pick a safe and clear space.

The seats obviously have to be extended according to size of family with a roof canopy to keep out the sun - this could double as a cargo carrier or seating for extended family.

A sensor that can react to traffic lights changing with an audible alarm so that people know the lights have changed if they are too busy texting to see.

Immobilizer that cuts the engine if you do not stop before pulling out of a turning (into the main flow of traffic) w00t.gif

Huh? Then you will be hit from behind from both flows of traffic.

Lower price. biggrin.png

David

Prices are pretty reasonable here. Your lower price comment should be directed in the cars thread.

Cars? We don't need no stinking cars! biggrin.png

David

Two words... Children and Rain... yes you need a car. At least with the crazy drivers in Phuket. I wouldn't dare ride on my Honda Click on the roads here with my baby. Too easy for something to happen.

Audible Winker/ Blinker Turning Lights. These are vital now. You see so many bikes running along in straight direction with left or right turn blinkers flashing. Honda used to incorporate this feature on some of the older bikes and I asked why they stopped this practice. I was told these audible sysems were disproportionately expensive to add during the manufacturing process costing up to an extra 5000 baht per bike making the bike less competitive in the market place.

Would like to know if there is any other reason why audibllity cannot be re-introduced to the turning indicator system.

The Honda Wave 125i actually has everything I want in a scooter except

1 thing & that is the rear disc brake.

Other than that cannot complain really.

Has plenty enough get up & go even with two on board.

Under seat storage stores a full size helmet no problem.

When getting groceries I am always amazed how much that under seat holds.

Then there is the basket in front for more if need be.

Easy of fuel. Turns & handles well even at speeds which are probably better left to larger bikes.

Yeah that Wave 125i is not a bad scoot

Edited by mania

A slot to put your digital driving license and insurance in before it will start up.

A drinks holder big enough for a Heineken bottle, whoops, strike that.

A sensor for bottoms to stop more than 2 people on it.

A mirror that you can see behind you and not just your elbows.

Puncture free tyres or inner tubes that don't break every month.

Immobilizer that cuts the engine if you do not stop before pulling out of a turning (into the main flow of traffic) w00t.gif

Huh? Then you will be hit from behind from both flows of traffic.

I want them to stop before blindly pulling out without looking...that's all wai.gif

I would like an espresso maker so when the bad Thai driver cut's me off or tries to run me down, i will just casually pull off to the side of the road, park under a shady tree and make a coffee and relax for a bit rather than get all stressed about the situation, muito bonno.

• Like 1