Why do the same names always appear in multiple forums?

Bcgardener

As a relative newbie i find it amazing that the same members appear to spend 24 hours a day posting on multiple forums. I realise a lot are retired and have little else to do but surely there must be better ways to keep occupied. Is it that you miss the English conversation wherever you live? For me, this weekend I am at a loose end with no work commitments and as a newbie thought I should contribute.

Please don't be critical.. I'm just curious

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had a 2 day drinking session in Bangkok last weekend, having a young child anymore nights out than that a month goes down like a lead balloon.

Chonburi City is a dump and there is no where worth going within walking distance and no where I want to go further than walking distance without having a drink. No taxis or public transport at night.

The staff as the rules state do the work in the business,l but need to be there most the time.

The only other farangs I see here are 6 foot tall women with 5 o'clock shadows visiting the plastic surgery clinic in the city.

That's it until the topic comes up again in 3 days time.

OP - you should take note of the Categories each poster is found in .. There are many topics and categories - most multiple posters just stick to a few topic areas... World News / Politics, etc. Thailand issues dealing with family, jobs, life, Immigration /Visa... regional Issan, Chiang Mai, etc. Medical / Health... My observations TVF members post in a relatively small range of interests... And there in lies the key. Yes - some of us do have too much time on our hands. But that often changes over the months and years. Learning about Expat existence in Thailand has been a very valuable set of lessons for me...

Some at least keep quite occupied with other things that are also internet based and taking a peek on this site some times gives a respite to that. I have been monitoring the last 2 weeks a UN conference on Geneva time via streaming video during plenary sessions and commenting on various websites and Twitter. Also researching & reading multiple various and sundry international legal documents that come into play.

So I would question the OP notion that someone may be on the computer / internet solely dealing with this website although I guess with some that may be the case.

Edited by JLCrab

Because people have multiple interests. Theres lots of topics here to talk about spread out all over the forum.

Simples.

Plus the fact that the forum is now available via mobile makes it much easier to keep up with posts from anywhere. It's not like you have to be tethered to a PC to stay up to date.

For the OP, think of TV as your local bar and we are here to banter the topics of the day. Not sure about you, but I always see the same faces at my local bar.

Thailand offers a variety topics from the mundane to the esoteric to the outrageous. It's just good, free entertainment.

• Like 1

What's more remarkable than people who post on more than one forum is the person who spends time noticing.

Why do some people use that word 'multiple' when others such as 'several', 'a few' or 'many' do a better job?

Sorry don't have a local bar. only drink a glass of wine with dinner at home. I have found that most of the bar dwellers are poor company and present a bad image for the rest of us farangs that are trying to be good guests in a foreign country and just get on with the jobs we are paid to do.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

As a newbie, the OP would have to have lighting fast powers of analysis to correlate posters here on TV with posters on other forums in order to have come to his conclusion so soon after singing up.

"As a relative newbie i find it amazing that the same members appear to spend 24 hours a day posting on multiple forums. I realise a lot are retired and have little else to do but surely there must be better ways to keep occupied. Is it that you miss the English conversation wherever you live? For me, this weekend I am at a loose end with no work commitments and as a newbie thought I should contribute.
Please don't be critical.. I'm just curious"

As aTV member I find it amazing that a newbie appears to have spent 24 hours a day spying on multiple forums. And retire or not have little else to do than knowing how many post some members do or not. Surely there must be better ways to keep occupied. Is that he miss the English conversation wherever he lives. For him this weekend he was at loose end with no work commitment but as a newbie could have wait a little before contibuting with such nonsense. I am not critical I am just curious why he wrote that? facepalm.gif

Why are you so anti Hi-So posters?

Just asking ... coffee1.gif

BTW ... I was looking the other day back when I first joined this site.

It was almost 12 months, to the day between joining and making my first post.

Everyone is different.

Different different... not for OP... with your 6.000 + postsbiggrin.png

My psychiatrist has prescribed that I continue to take the green tablets 4 times a day and post a least twice on Thai visa every day.

So for me I use Thai visa for medicinal purposes and ask; what`s your excuse?

Edited by Beetlejuice