Army fumes over 'inhuman attack'

Lite Beer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attacking and roadside bombing the army should be considered and act of war. It should be treated as such and a full scale attack on these people launched. If it was on the Cambodian border it would be done. So why are these Muslim extremists allowed to get away with it. It seems the rest of the world has to cowtow to these cowardly attacks from these extremists. Use the full force of the army to stop this rot. Why should a small minority hold a country to ransom through fear? Give them a taste of their own medicine

It is high time that Thailand started investing in some "quality" internal security equipment and vehicles to better protect their soldiers on IS Duties down South. To consider purchasing submarines and the like, beggars belief when you have service personnel being driven around in totally unprotected vehicles, thereby giving these terrorists sitting targets. The Generals need to start thinking and taking advice as to what other Countries are doing to protect their service personnel and move quickly. They have the capital (providing it doesn't end up in someone's pocket), so have no excuse. It is tantamount to dereliction of duty and those responsible should be sacked, not moved to an inactive post, but sacked with loss of pension. For goodness sake, their soldiers are dying due to their neglect.

I totaly agree. Every time we read about people being killed they are riding in pickup trucks or on motorbikes which makes them vunarable to all kinds of attack. The military should invest in armored verhicles to patrol the area. If you use a pickup truck at least put some protection on it weld iron plates to the side or even use sandbags.

make no mistakes. It's a war zone. Only Thai politics hasn't realized it yet.

It needs a thorough investigation. Who's is financing all this killings? It takes a lot of resources and money to do that for so many years.

It's not an isolated issue.

I think we'll get some answer soon.

Edited by wealth

But some guy on TV said that most Muslims are peaceful and that Jihad means "effort". I'm confused. It almost sounds like they want everybody in the world who isn't Muslim to convert or die.

That's not very nice.

Same old daily story, flimsy thin skinned vehicles,( tin and plastic Mini mogs) pick up trucks and motorcycles for front line troops whilst the Armoured Personnel Carriers remain in Bangkok all nice and shiney just in case they are needed to break up protesters. Will these Bangkok bound generals ever wake up.

• Like 1

until such time as the thai govt starts to actually do positive things about this instead of cowtailing to the terrorists and doing their bidding this will keep happening. The govt need to issue shoot to kill orders, actually capture or arrest these killers and sentence them to death. They know who these people are but refuse to do anything, they are totally pathetic and need a strong leader that will not backdown, if they keep letting the terrorists do as they please we will see major cities attacked next. The govt are cowards and too scared to do anything in case they themselves are targetted, well thats part of being a leader, grow some balls and stop thinking with your bank accounts.

Do you really think these tactics will stop these terrorist scum? Mistakes will be made, even more innocent people will be murdered by both sides, revenge will become a motivation for the relatives of these innocent victims, no doubt it will be exploited by the terrorists for propaganda and nothing will be solved. I despise these terrorist scum but the hammer cannot and will not work. The solution has to come from the ground up, justifiable grievances need to be tackled, trust needs to be built and that is going to take time. The terrorists survive because they are supported by the communities around them. That support cannot be broken by harsh measures. The Thai government is going to have to talk to all those involved in the violence and concessions will have to be made. I don't like it but I can't see how else this nasty war can be brought to an end.

They should seek advice from Isreal...

NO! just look at how the Brits handled a similiar situation with communists back in the 50's in Malaya. They cleaned that lot up once and for all, although it took four years. coffee1.gif

hmmm... what brand of tyres are they using? i dont think theres any questions over the tyres durability.

As 8 people were murdered in this attack you might want to consider the taste of this post.

Edited by Scott

That is quite a blast. Seems the bombs are getting bigger and bigger.

I cringe at the thought of the day when these extremist bring the fight into Bangkok and start targeting populated areas. Hopefully, that will never happen.

Don't give them any ideas please.

What about Ramkamhaeng quite recently, that came from the south !

NO! just look at how the Brits handled a similiar situation with communists back in the 50's in Malaya. They cleaned that lot up once and for all, although it took four years. coffee1.gif

They did this many ways including granting the Chinese and other non Malay groups who had lived in malaysia for generations citizenship, a major source of resentment at the time. Many measures were taken, most not involving military action, to break the terrorist support base.

They should seek advice from Israel.

They do not need advice from Israel, they just need to follow the actions used by the Malaysian VAT, in the 50's and 60's. Gen Black Jack Pershing had another way in the Philippines. Though if those types of countermeasures were used the human rights watch organizations, HRW, would be screaming. Why is it that when terrorist kill innocent people they say nothing. Let a soldier shoot a terrorist human right watch raises hell.

That is like what also has happened in Thailand, it is OK to kill yellow shirts, but you can not shoot at a red shirt. In the past police killed yellow shirts and nothing happened. The red shirts assisted in the overthrow the the government and now the military and former government is being punished for supporting democracy, Human Rights Watch said nothing about these terrorist activities, ph34r.png ph34r.png ph34r.png Chalerm has already told the press that General Sedang was killed by police snipers, and that the men in black were police. HRW nothing.

actually HRW routinely condemn terrorist organizations, both non-government and government. Get your facts straight

To underline your observation - HRW condemned the insurgency attacks against civilians as late as 14/05/2013; a quote: “Insurgents who explode bombs in urban areas that indiscriminately kill and maim civilians are committing war crimes, which deserve universal condemnation,” Adams said. “The perpetrators of these heinous crimes should be arrested and prosecuted.” URL http://www.hrw.org/news/2013/05/14/thailand-rebels-target-children-southern-conflict

Also tomross46 needs to seperate fact from fiction regarding Pershings means of suppression of the Muslim rebels in the Philippines.

Yes ! that old tale of Pershing and the muslims was and still is all bullshit (Fiction)

That is quite a blast. Seems the bombs are getting bigger and bigger.

I cringe at the thought of the day when these extremist bring the fight into Bangkok and start targeting populated areas. Hopefully, that will never happen.

Don't give them any ideas please.

What about Ramkamhaeng quite recently, that came from the south !

The Ramkamhaeng bombings resulted in the arrest of people in the south. It also seemed to get the attention of some of the people in Bangkok. I have a few friends who have no concern about the South of Thailand, until that bombing occurred. A little too close to home for some.

Attacking and roadside bombing the army should be considered and act of war. It should be treated as such and a full scale attack on these people launched. If it was on the Cambodian border it would be done. So why are these Muslim extremists allowed to get away with it. It seems the rest of the world has to cowtow to these cowardly attacks from these extremists. Use the full force of the army to stop this rot. Why should a small minority hold a country to ransom through fear? Give them a taste of their own medicine

How do you launch a full scale attack on someone yo cannot see, or even know who they are ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

The problem with that is the army does not know who is carrying out these attacks, they don't know where they are and any full scale military assault would kill more civilians and just pour more fuel on the fire the terrorist scum are exploiting. There are genuine grievances in the south and if they are resolved this conflict has a better chance of being won by the govt.

• Like 1

This happened yesterday and the BBC are actually covering it which is unusual as they rarely mention the carnage in the south yet all but suspended normal programming for the Boston Marathon bomb.

Just a thought though, does anyone know if the government restricts international reporting on the south maybe seeing it as some sort of failure, bad publicity ?

No...the gov doesn't have a ban on international reporting, I was doing it for over 12 years,

however...most foreign news bureaus don't really give a s%$t about the South's problems

as it's far from their back yard & they have no troops in the South. Now should the UN

be invited...things will surely change. Then again the gov may well never allow the UN

access...that old face saving stuff rearing it's ugly head. Mind you on slow news days

the South's probs may get some air/print time...just FYI.

Edited by sunshine51

They did this many ways including granting the Chinese and other non Malay groups who had lived in malaysia for generations citizenship, a major source of resentment at the time. Many measures were taken, most not involving military action, to break the terrorist support base.

Yes, the "Hearts and Minds" program was part of their tactics, as were night curfews, isolated Kampongs (villages), road blocks and many other tactics, i know because i was there !

• Like 1

Yes, the "Hearts and Minds" program was part of their tactics, as were night curfews, isolated Kampongs (villages), road blocks and many other tactics, i know because i was there !

I'm not disagreeing that it worked, it clearly did, but my point is that purely military tactics will not work.

Prayuth urges people to denounce such acts.  Yeah, denounce it but DO NOTHING to stop it!  Bomb the bastards!

To do that you have to know who the terrorists are and where they are hiding. Or are you advocating indiscriminate govt attacks?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Actually it took longer than 4 years...the official ending of hostilities with the CPM only happened in the early 90's.

Then it was finally considered "Over".

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 2

I am sure the Thai military do consider it a terrorist war but the Govt can only talk about insurgents.

On the Cambodian border the Thai military have the occassional skirmish with the Cambo military, a known entity, so they know the 'rules'.

Terrorists know no such rules and fight dirty. Unfortunately the leadership appears to lack the resources and thinking to handle the situation.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This happened yesterday and the BBC are actually covering it which is unusual as they rarely mention the carnage in the south yet all but suspended normal programming for the Boston Marathon bomb.

Just a thought though, does anyone know if the government restricts international reporting on the south maybe seeing it as some sort of failure, bad publicity ?

Over 20,000 people died of hunger today and the BBC didn't report that either!

About the South's problems....

I have posted numerous replies over the past few years concerning the insurgency in

"The South"...for newcomers to the threads concerning this location in LOS may I suggest

checking past threads on the subject and read up before posting items such as "Bomb em

back to the Stone Age"....etc. Bombing anybody like that simply won't work...I know this for

fact because I participated in a "conflict" where that type of logic was used to zero avail

and being a member of the worlds most advanced Army...well...we still lost.

My last bit of thought about the "Southern troubles" was posted in this thread...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643861-women-rangers-a-brave-force-in-thailands-violence-prone-south/

Have a read if you want...even if the thread deals with a paramilitary organisation and

a particular type of person within it. Also...in that thread there is a link that presents the real

way General John J. Pershing dealt with the Muslims in the Southern Philippines; not

what one reads on the internet saying crap about bullets dipped in pigs blood.

reason for edit...removed a misplaced "g" & "k". Apols...small keys on the ploptop.

Edited by sunshine51

until such time as the thai govt starts to actually do positive things about this instead of cowtailing to the terrorists and doing their bidding this will keep happening. The govt need to issue shoot to kill orders, actually capture or arrest these killers and sentence them to death. They know who these people are but refuse to do anything, they are totally pathetic and need a strong leader that will not backdown, if they keep letting the terrorists do as they please we will see major cities attacked next. The govt are cowards and too scared to do anything in case they themselves are targetted, well thats part of being a leader, grow some balls and stop thinking with your bank accounts.

I think you forget that this is Thailand!

And I think you forget what the roots of this conflict are.

Calling for shoot to kill orders in Thailand would mean open hunting season! Anybody shot dead for whatever reason would be declared a "terrorist"!

A country as corrupt as Thailand should never have the death penalty!!

Do you have any idea how many innocent "scapegoats" have been executed in Thailand in it's recent history??? If anybody you know or in your family would be arrested forced to sign a confession and sentenced to death to save the face of some politicians or army brass - you would think differently. Tempering with or planting evidence, intimitation of witnesses, forced confessions - are very common - law enforcement here is as corrupt as politicians and everybody else in position of power!

These injustices are exactly what led to this conflict. Not to defend the killers - but in Thailand both sides have blood on their hands! The army has tortured and killed for a long time in the south - with suffocating 80 + young people being one of their last much puplicized glorious achievements!

Edited by Cnxforever
  • Like 2

It is high time that Thailand started investing in some "quality" internal security equipment and vehicles to better protect their soldiers on IS Duties down South. To consider purchasing submarines and the like, beggars belief when you have service personnel being driven around in totally unprotected vehicles, thereby giving these terrorists sitting targets. The Generals need to start thinking and taking advice as to what other Countries are doing to protect their service personnel and move quickly. They have the capital (providing it doesn't end up in someone's pocket), so have no excuse. It is tantamount to dereliction of duty and those responsible should be sacked, not moved to an inactive post, but sacked with loss of pension. For goodness sake, their soldiers are dying due to their neglect.

I completely agree with you. It is high time they make intelligent moves in the south.

How ever proper equipment is only part of an aggressive move. Win the citizens over is also a necessity. With there support the terrorists will have no place to hide.

Forgive my aging memory but I believe Abhist had done that with a little bit of success. Then the PTP decided they could not allow that so they brought in their milatent army in red shirts.

Actually it took longer than 4 years...the official ending of hostilities with the CPM only happened in the early 90's.

Then it was finally considered "Over".

Ya and here we are in 2013 with a commie leading one of the militant red shirt supporters of the PTP. Don't see much help coming from this government.

• Like 1

I have posted numerous replies over the past few years concerning the insurgency in

"The South"...for newcomers to the threads concerning this location in LOS may I suggest

checking past threads on the subject and read up before posting items such as "Bomb em

back to the Stone Age"....etc. Bombing anybody like that simply won't work...I know this for

fact because I participated in a "conflict" where that type of logic was used to zero avail

My last bit of thought about the "Southern troubles" was posted in this thread...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643861-women-rangers-a-brave-force-in-thailands-violence-prone-south/

Have a read if you want...even if the thread deals with a paramilitary organisation and

a particular type of person within it. Also...in that thread there is a link that presents the real

way General John J. Pershing dealt with the Muslims in the Southern Philippines; not

reason for edit...removed a misplaced "g" & "k". Apols...small keys on the ploptop.

thank you for rio your reminder on Pershing.

Edit as you can see I ignored my spell check. Another senior moment

Edited by hellodolly

thank you for rio your reminder on Pershing.

Edit as you can see I ignored my spell check. Another senior moment

Those "senior moments" keep creeping up with increasing...ahhh...increasing....ummmm...increasing

frequency...that's the word I was looking for! Cheers HD

• Like 1