Dog & Bone, still open? Opening hours?
-
Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
-
Topics
-
Popular Contributors
-
Latest posts...
-
1
13-Year-Old Boy Fatally Shoots Teen Over Meth Dispute in Loei Province
Kids these days..... -
11
THAILAND LIVE Thailand Live Monday 7 April 2025
Man Slashed with Samurai Sword After Throwing First Punch in Samut Prakan Brawl Picture courtesy of Kaoded. A 25-year-old man was rushed to hospital after being slashed in the arm with a samurai-style sword during a violent altercation in Samut Prakan. The victim, who reportedly initiated the fight, sustained a deep gash that nearly severed his right arm. Full story:https://aseannow.com/topic/1357004-man-slashed-with-samurai-sword-after-throwing-first-punch-in-samut-prakan-brawl/ -
11
THAILAND LIVE Thailand Live Monday 7 April 2025
Seven Injured in Pickup Truck Crash in Sisaket Seven people were injured, two of them seriously, in a road crash involving a pickup truck that overturned multiple times and crashed off the road in Sisaket province on 5 April. Full story:https://aseannow.com/topic/1357003-seven-injured-in-pickup-truck-crash-in-sisaket/ -
11
THAILAND LIVE Thailand Live Monday 7 April 2025
Two Arrested for Illegal Crop Burning in Phichit, Found with Lighters in Hand Pictures courtesy of Matichon. Two men have been arrested in Phichit province after being caught red-handed setting fire to rice stubble, contributing to thick smog and hazardous PM2.5 pollution across the region. One of the suspects was found holding a lighter at the scene, authorities confirmed. Full story:https://aseannow.com/topic/1357002-two-arrested-for-illegal-crop-burning-in-phichit-found-with-lighters-in-hand/ -
1
13-Year-Old Boy Fatally Shoots Teen Over Meth Dispute in Loei Province
Picture courtesy of Workpoint. A 13-year-old boy has been taken into custody after allegedly shooting and killing a 19-year-old peer during a dispute over a methamphetamine tablet in Chiang Khan district, Loei province. The incident occurred shortly after midnight on 6 April near a wooded area beside Ban Saraphae School in Hat Sai Khao subdistrict. Lieutenant Rewut Boonyaem, a duty officer from Chiang Khan Police Station, received reports of a shooting and immediately coordinated with investigators, medical staff from Chiang Khan Hospital, and local rescue workers to attend the scene. Police arrived to find the victim, identified as Mr. Atthaphon 19, lying on his back beneath a tree. He had been shot once in the chest with a .22 calibre homemade handgun and was pronounced dead at the scene. The suspect, a 13-year-old boy named Peeraphat remained at the scene and surrendered to police along with the firearm allegedly used in the shooting. He was taken to Chiang Khan Police Station for questioning, with arrangements made for a multidisciplinary team to be present for a formal interview, in accordance with procedures involving juvenile suspects. According to the initial police report, the two had gone into the wooded area to hunt birds. The older teen reportedly had one methamphetamine pill in his possession. When the younger boy asked to share it, the victim told him he had already taken it, sparking an argument between the pair. The boy told investigators that the older teen became aggressive and threatened him with a knife. In response, the 13-year-old allegedly drew the homemade pistol he had brought and fired once, hitting the older teen in the chest and causing fatal injuries. Police are continuing their investigation and have not yet filed formal charges. The case is likely to draw public concern over youth access to firearms and drugs in rural areas. -- 2025-04-07 -
0
Senator Concerns Over 6 Delayed Southern Construction Projects Involving Chinese Contractor
Picture courtesy of Matichon. A Songkhla senator has raised the alarm over six delayed state construction projects across southern Thailand involving a Chinese contractor, warning of a risk that the projects may be abandoned altogether. The matter is now set to be brought before the Senate for further investigation. Senator Chaiyong Maneerungsakul reported receiving complaints from members of the public regarding severe delays in government-backed projects overseen by China Railway Number One (Thailand) Co., Ltd., a Chinese company operating through a joint venture with multiple Thai subcontractors. Concerns have mounted that subcontractors, having won contracts at unrealistically low prices, may be facing financial difficulties, prompting fears that they will either abandon the works or cut corners using substandard materials. Senator Chaiyong conducted on-site inspections of the affected projects, which include: • Government officers’ accommodation for the Region 9 Appeal Court (THB 386 million) • Outpatient building at Songkhla Hospital (THB 424 million) • Passenger terminal at Narathiwat Airport (THB 343 million) • Dormitory building at Phuket Rajabhat University (THB 129 million) • Office building for Provincial Electricity Authority in Phuket (THB 210 million) • Housing and community services project in Phuket (THB 343 million) According to the Senator, delays were evident across all six sites, with some particularly severe. For instance, the Narathiwat Airport terminal project is 60% behind schedule, while the Songkhla Hospital outpatient facility is over 40% delayed, both figures significantly beyond acceptable thresholds in the construction industry. The delays have led to substantial inconvenience for the public, particularly where existing facilities are overcrowded and ill-equipped to meet demand. The recent collapse of the Office of the Auditor General building, due to an earthquake, has further intensified concerns over the structural safety of ongoing projects. Chaiyong stressed that in light of growing public distrust, state agencies responsible for overseeing these developments must urgently summon the involved companies, including China Railway Number One and its Thai partners, for an explanation. He called for comprehensive inspections of construction materials and practices across all affected projects to ensure full safety compliance. The Senator added that initial investigations suggest the joint venture won contracts with unrealistically low bids, which may have led to cost-cutting through the use of subpar building materials. Industry insiders have also voiced concern over widespread malpractice in the public construction bidding process, alleging the use of bribes, political lobbying, and under-the-table payments to secure contracts. These are then resold to local subcontractors at further reduced rates, often resulting in financial strain, abandonment of projects, and serious compromises in construction quality. Insufficient oversight and collusion among project supervisors are also believed to be contributing to the crisis. The issue is now being escalated to the Senate for formal discussion, with calls for urgent regulatory intervention to prevent further disruption and protect public safety. -- 2025-04-07
-
-
Popular in The Pub
-
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now