Dog & Bone, still open? Opening hours?

WinnieTheKhwai

They had a few staff troubles, so have been opening from early afternoon. I cycle past often and they are often closed in the mornings these days, but open in the afternoon/evenings.

I agree Uptheos, but unfortunately (and I can validate this!) Thai staff are far from reliable and businesses rely on that!

They had a few staff troubles, so have been opening from early afternoon. I cycle past often and they are often closed in the mornings these days, but open in the afternoon/evenings.

I agree Uptheos, but unfortunately (and I can validate this!) Thai staff are far from reliable and businesses rely on that!

I can appreciate that there could be staff problems, but if this particular pub wants to survive, then it's up to the owner to get things right early. Once it gets a reputation for irregular opening hours it will go down the drain very fast. I have noticed in my time here that a lot of 'new' establishments are actually 'governed' by the wife / gf and if they open the place and no-one comes they decide it's not worth opening or resent paying staff to come when there are no customers. This is Thai rationale, but in order to get a pub off the ground you really need to set your hours, keep to them and bide your time. If the place is always welcoming during the hours stated people will come eventually, but I'm afraid the days of expecting a fast fix and the money rolling in from day one just because people think foreigners are desperate for a touch of back home, are long gone. I'm sure many pub landlords everywhere will tell you of many a rainy day they have sat there, almost knowing no one would come and maybe a passer by pops in for a Chang to get out of the rain. They bite the bullet, be pleasant to that customer, plough on and hopefully gain a reputation, but it won't happen overnight. Some people make nothing or a loss in the first year, so I guess a person needs to decide, am I in it for the long haul and build a solid customer base or not.

Steve is a top man and i go to his lovely bar often.He did have the half moon bar before on soi 2 muang until he got shafted out of the place.The dog and bone is a great British/US/Aus bar near makro hang dong.Go past makro coming from the city and about 1k past makro you will see a 7/11 on your left, turn left just after 7/11 and 25m on your left is the dog and bone.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is staff problems. If Steve had enough staff he would be open from 9.am. as he does a great breakfast! So if anyone knows anyone who might be interested in working there, please ask them to go along and see Steve. We need a good British pub and it is our local!

Steve is a top man and i go to his lovely bar often.He did have the half moon bar before on soi 2 muang until he got shafted out of the place.The dog and bone is a great British/US/Aus bar near makro hang dong.Go past makro coming from the city and about 1k past makro you will see a 7/11 on your left, turn left just after 7/11 and 25m on your left is the dog and bone.

I know and like Steve, my wife worked for him, curious about him being "shafted out of the place", my understanding is that he and Doi had an amicable split.

Exactly Ramrod some people just jump to conclusions and if they knew the real story they would know it could of been way way worse that it was when the reality is he was treated pretty fair considering he could of lost everything and got nothing which was not the case.

I like his new bar and the open times are purely staff related which if not already will be sorted soon in the meantime its open every evening except mondays I believe (dont hold me to that)

The reason this guy doesn't have staff is because he is very rude and arrogant to them. I have visited this bar a number of times recently and have seen it for myself. Can also be very rude to the customers. Needs to sort himself out in my opinion.