Owning Singapore business and getting tax residency in Thailand

Hi

I am thinking of setting up an internet services company in Singapore and living in Thailand. Company in Singapore not doing any business with Thailand at all, or with my home country Australia

I would be living in Thailand on either business visa or marriage visa.

I know its easy to get a permit to be a resident, it just takes a visit to your consulate and a letter saying you own a place in Thialand (not bought yet).

This obviously is not permanent residency or residency for immigration purposes. Just wondering if I can use it for tax residency and then pay my income tax in Thailand as opposed to in Australia where it is more.

The resident permit and buying a property in Thailand would make me non-resident for tax in Australia. But I have to pay tax somewhere and i understand in Thai law 6 months a year makes me tax liable in Thailand.. i dont think i can just travel between countries all the time and be tax resident nowhere??

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Do you have any assets in Aussie..ie houses, cars etc

If your business is Sing based you would need to be paying at least corparate tax in Singapore, but strugging to see how you can pay tax in Thailand on this basis, as you not working in Thailand ?

"The resident permit and buying a property in Thailand would make me non-resident for tax in Australia"...

Are 100% sure about that ?....Aussie tax rules have become quite restrictive over who can and how cannot claim non-residency for tax is Aus, ie you have to establish "no ties" with Aussie...ie if you have a house, car, bank account/credit cards in Aussie...bit difficult to convince the aussie tax man you dont have a presence there

I have a friend who is an Aussie and worked in Thailand and they had him jumping through hoops to establish is non-resident for tax status

the best bet for you is to talk to an Aussie tax accountant and ask them the best way