Toploader or frontloader?

hansje1980

I've gladly paid for my own top loaders twice to replace front loaders provided for free by my landlords.

They took forever, and never got my clothes clean.

Top loaders are also much cheaper to buy, though that did not affect my decisions.

Edit: It would be more accurate to say the front loaders never got the soap out properly.

you could be wrong,

often you are...

(taken from your avatar)

tongue.png

Take my advice and whatever you do, do not buy a front loader and I speak from 30 years experience.

The most common problems with these front loaders is that eventually the programming fails.

We have a basic Sharpe top loader duel machine with spin dryer. Has been on the go for 14 years since we bought it and the only maintenance I ever done was to replace a leaking rubber water fed pipe.

Now, would I lie to you?

post-110219-0-00752000-1372852376_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Conclusion based on all replies:

Budget of 10k:

- cleanest: both

- durability: toploader

- advanced: frontloader

- handling: toploader

Budget of 15k:

- cleanest: frontloader

Budget of 20k:

- durability: both (Samsung and Electrolux only)

Since my budget is 20k I can go for a nice 25k Electrolux discounted to 20k with 11y warranty and quick (everywhere) fixed and/or spare parts.

I understand why some prefer toploaders, but I'm sure you compared it with a same cheap priced frontloader of 10k or had experience with a bad brand frontloader. Also not forget that this ain't 1999 but 2013. Anyhow, again thanks you all :)

Conclusion based on all replies:

Budget of 10k:

- cleanest: both

Budget of 15k:

Budget of 20k:

- durability: both (Samsung and Electrolux only)

Since my budget is 20k I can go for a nice 25k Electrolux discounted to 20k with 11y warranty and quick (everywhere) fixed and/or spare parts.

I understand why some prefer toploaders, but I'm sure you compared it with a same cheap priced frontloader of 10k or had experience with a bad brand frontloader. Also not forget that this ain't 1999 but 2013. Anyhow, again thanks you all smile.png

You`re be soorrry.

Have a toploader and had it over 6 years. No complaints at all.

Agree, I've bought LG top loaders for 5 family houses (extended family), also condo in Bkk, previous family house in Chonburi city and current family house here in Chiang Mai.

Never had a mechanical problem of any sort with any of these machines. Totally satisfied with the wash result but I should add we always set the machines to do an extra rinse cycle,

Years back I did buy a front loader, it leaked around the door from day one, many service calls / machine taken to service centre etc., problem never fixed. I forget the brand.

Correct me if I am wrong, but here's my bias;

I know all the supposed good things about the front loaders but what I hate about them are;

- I can't open the door in a wash cycle to toss in a sock or tshirt I find after I start the wash cycle.

- I believe that the top loader does a better rinse cycle. IMO the ability to soak does help get rid of excess soap.

I hope I am wrong about the better rinse cycle.

Correct me if I am wrong, but here's my bias;

I know all the supposed good things about the front loaders but what I hate about them are;

- I can't open the door in a wash cycle to toss in a sock or tshirt I find after I start the wash cycle.

- I believe that the top loader does a better rinse cycle. IMO the ability to soak does help get rid of excess soap.

I hope I am wrong about the better rinse cycle.

you are both right and wrong on the rinse cycle.

if one look at how top loader and front loader works, front loader will always come out cleaner given the same capabilities. but that is saying the right detergent is being used. the very down side of front loader is the specific usage of detergent. when one use normal detergent on a front loader, it will ended up soapy like one of the member previously mentioned. more than often, its user error than the machine