How come it is so difficult to sell a big bike?

I have tried for a while now to sell my big bike, everyone wants it, but no one wants to pay... Are people just waiting for me to dump the price since I am leaving or is the market always this slow?

What bike is it? and how much you are asking for? if you provide more details may be some of us get interested to make a good offer.

I was thinking of selling it for 140 k, just to get it done fast... The ninja is nice...

When I sold my Harley 2002 RK a couple of years back I put the bike in a second hand HD shop in Pattaya.

The shop owner took a commission on 3% of the sales price which I find fair. The bike was sold 6 month later.

Okay the bike OP is trying to sell will will obviously not be for the HD fans but there are a few big bikes shops in almost all locations where expats are living.

The bullshit post about members being better off on a push bike is the no1 nonsense post I seen in bike forum in a long time.

Members here are mostly bike fans and have in most cases been riding bikes in their original country so why not do it here in Thailand as well where you have many scenic roads to play on.

The young Russian (RIP) who not long time ago died in Pattaya in a horrible accident is a typical sad example of the type that should not be riding a big bike.

Many older gentlemen retiring in Thailand often only have the option of riding a scooter which will give them a huge felling of freedom.

Pattaya traffic are now so bad during weekend/holidays that a motor bike is by far the best option unless you want to sit stuck in your car/truck for 1 hour or more which drives me crazy and parking the damned thing is a nightmare too.

• Like 1

I think that most of the replies are spot on. It is much easier to finance a new bike than a second hand one, although i have seen a few Harley dealers here in BKK that finances second hand bikes. A friend of mine just bought a new one, not because he did not want a second hand bike, but simply because it was so much easier to finance it.

To the OP- when I see a 'for sale' ad where there are parts that 'desperately' (your word) need to be replaced, it sends up a red flag as far as what other maintenence you might have let go until it 'desperately' needed attention.

It is ok to ride around on, and if you look there is a former thread about changing the tires and sprockets a while back. The clowns at kawasaki where I ordered them told me I had to wait, I don't use the bike that much now, the click is better for short in town runs with my gf...

Also some suggested that the bike could be sold as it, oil is changed very often, service is followed to the booklet at kawasaki. My local mech. Has looked after it.

I am just telling it like it is... If you plan to ride from NST to Bangkok, you might want to swap tires first, I would do it, but I know many people that would not...

It is a very good and clean bike... I am sad to sell it, but I can't use it in Norway, no point of having it here then...

To the OP- when I see a 'for sale' ad where there are parts that 'desperately' (your word) need to be replaced, it sends up a red flag as far as what other maintenence you might have let go until it 'desperately' needed attention.

It is ok to ride around on, and if you look there is a former thread about changing the tires and sprockets a while back. The clowns at kawasaki where I ordered them told me I had to wait, I don't use the bike that much now, the click is better for short in town runs with my gf...

Also some suggested that the bike could be sold as it, oil is changed very often, service is followed to the booklet at kawasaki. My local mech. Has looked after it.

I am just telling it like it is... If you plan to ride from NST to Bangkok, you might want to swap tires first, I would do it, but I know many people that would not...

It is a very good and clean bike... I am sad to sell it, but I can't use it in Norway, no point of having it here then...

I'm not saying your bike is in bad shape or that is isn't a good deal- you just need to re-word your ad a bit. Tell it like it is, but tell it a little bit less severely.;)

• Like 1

I have tried for a while now to sell my big bike, everyone wants it, but no one wants to pay... Are people just waiting for me to dump the price since I am leaving or is the market always this slow?

What bike is it? and how much you are asking for? if you provide more details may be some of us get interested to make a good offer.

I was thinking of selling it for 140 k, just to get it done fast... The ninja is nice...

You've only posted this add on the forum and not on the classified site? I also scanned through the bahtsold and your bike isn't there? I think you'd get more hits on that site.

I would also change the add wording, I remember reading your earlier Post about wanting to sell it and do remember some suggested selling it as is but words such as "desperately needs" - don't sound good.

What's manufacturer recommendation for changing chain/sprockets? if they're not completely worn out or near the recommended scheduled replacement, don't worry about mentioning it in the add. You may want to replaced it, other's may think it's not necessary (yet)? I'd also say it has that many kms on the tire, just provide the info (not advice or your opinion) and let buyer decide.

• Like 1

You've only posted this add on the forum and not on the classified site? I also scanned through the bahtsold and your bike isn't there? I think you'd get more hits on that site.

Yup what he said wink.png

Baht & Sold & also

If you cannot write Thai have someone help you put it on mocyc.com & the Ninja650 Thai sites

It will sell at the price you have it at now. Just be aware Thai's really need to ask if you can make the price

lower no matter how low it is smile.png So maybe up it 5k knowing you will drop that.

I thought it was almost impossible for a foreigner to get a bike on finance. Never had one on finance and if i could get rid of my bike i would buy this one in a heartbeat.

the cbr 500 threads would be pretty dead if folk had to buy em outright

Try selling an Omega watch. Now that is difficult!

Reading on TV the number of deaths involving an Omega watch, amongst members, it appears to me that 99% of members would be better using their cell phone to tell time. Why on earth any expat needs an Omega watch when a cell phone is far the safer option is beyond me. And before I get flamed, I, in the past have had a good Timex watch in

HK and Manila and I am still in this world laugh.png

Sorry couldn't resist tongue.png

Deaths what???

Reading on TV the number of deaths involving motor cycles, amongst members, it appears to me that 99% of members would be better off on a push bike. Why on earth any expat needs a MC when a car is far the safer option is beyond me. And before I get flamed, I, in the past have had 1000cc motor cycles in

HK and Manila and I am still in this world

Why a bike instead of a cage? Because riding the bike is flying like a bird. Because when I am riding, all my stress melts away and I feel light as a feather with joy in my heart. Because it is a passion. I'd rather die on my bike today, that die in a pile of my own excrement 20 years from now. And should I only be maimed instead of killed, it's a chance I am well aware of and willing to take.

No flame; only a simple and honest answer to a simple question.

i must admit i have heard the same speil from an number of people who have had a little prang, and retired their riding boots