Had Problem with Samsung Galaxy phone service center had 25 people waiting?

Had a problem with my 2 month old samsung Galaxy batery went out would not charge, so went to service center. I was amazed to see so many people there it was at Fortune Town by the way. You never hear about problems only everything that they can do. Wondering now how of you guys have expierenced problems with your Samsungs? Thanks in advance.

I've had four Samsung phones, no problems.

Given the volume they sell it is hardly surprising that there are a lot of people seeking service? Does this shop support any/all Samsung products? Or just phones?

For sheer volume head over to the Western Digital service center in Panthip Plaza, hundreds per hour with replacement HDDs stacked floor to ceiling.

I haven't had any issues with my two Samsung Galaxys but when one of my hard drives broke and one monitor broke ( out of 4 computers and 3 monotors) the service at the Pattaya service center was excellent, fixed in hours...

Same problem with a Galaxy S3 mini. Service centre in Chiang Mai was also busy and the wait was around 30 min but the service was excellent. The staff member at the desk checked the phone and put it on a special charger for about 5 mins and told me to put it on the charger as soon as possible and I have had no problem since. Apparently you must charge the Galaxy when the battery is down to about 25% as if it gets to 0% and shuts down it it may not charge.

Did your battery problems start right after you upgraded your Android OS to Jelly Bean?

I'm surprised there were only 25 people in line, based on the number of threads I found trying to identify my SII battery woes since the JB upgrade.

Dead by lunch on many days and always before 5:00 PM ever since the "update".

I have had to take my Note to the service centre 3 times.. each time for the same reason.... battery wouldn't charge or hold a charge.... Not getting another one.. when this dies will look at another brand

A friend had the same problem with the Note. The charger itself turned out to be defective, not the phone. He was told that happened frequently.

Try using a different charger.

• 3 weeks later...

Did your battery problems start right after you upgraded your Android OS to Jelly Bean?

I'm surprised there were only 25 people in line, based on the number of threads I found trying to identify my SII battery woes since the JB upgrade.

Dead by lunch on many days and always before 5:00 PM ever since the "update".

Hate to quote myself, especially when I think I'm wrong (again).

Fought the battery issue for a couple more weeks, then finally swapped out the micro USB socket for a new one. Now it's looking like less than 5% per hour on BetterBatteryStats.

It's the second time I changed it out, probably corroded by a combination of sweat, pocket lint and pulling the cord out wrong umpteen times. Part cost me 200 baht and it took about 5 minutes to change it out using just a jeweler's phillips screwdriver. First time I did it a year ago, it took 15 minutes to figure it out.

So it's looking like the upgrade to JB was coincidental. Oops.

BTW, there are some excellent Youtube vids to show how it's done. Easy to search for them.

about 2 years ago, went to the Samsung service center in MBK. The Samsung Galaxy Mini screen started being blurry on google maps and a few other applications. They replaced the unit and for a long time I didn't bother to upgrade the phone. But no problems since and I have upgraded the firmware and even rooted it with no problems.

I've been back a couple of times for some OEM part like back cover, battery, power adapter, USB cable, etc and I notice that the line can vary. sometimes it is busy, and other times no wait. They do have a queue system in place, but they will often ask you what you want. If you need service, you have to wait for a technician. But if you are ordering a specific part you already know, you might get serviced quicker.

The only downside is that some parts are not in stock....you have to wait 3 days. If you cannot wait, you'll have to pay another 100 baht for EMS delivery. But the prices for the parts are always 'correct', unlike the many shops nearby; and the parts are genuine.