North Korea agrees Kaesong talks

webfact

North Korea agrees Kaesong talks

SEOUL: -- North Korea has agreed to hold talks on the Kaesong industrial complex, hours after the South called for a meeting.

Working-level officials from the two sides will meet on Saturday at the truce village of Panmunjom in the demilitarised zone.

Work at the factory park - a major source of income for the North - was halted in April amid high regional tensions.

Attempts to hold high-level talks last month failed on procedural grounds.

The meeting is set for 10:00 (01:00 GMT) on the North Korea side of Panmunjom, South Korean officials said.

Seoul suggested the working-level talks on Thursday, a day after Pyongyang said South Korean businessmen could visit the closed complex to inspect and maintain equipment.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23192869#TWEET811758

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-07-05

Yay!

South Korean companies should cut their losses and pull out of Kaesong altogether. No matter how cheap North Koreal labour is, their business is going to be taken hostage everytime the North throws a hissy fit,

• Like 1

On the face of it, I would agree Z.

but maybe, just maybe Kim jong un was just trying to consolidate power,

and now with the treats from the PRC, along with all the saber rattling,

he has enough to make some progress with the support of the military.

I wouldn't do it with my $

but if the So Koreans can afford it, this may be an olive branch

with some of the tree attached to it.

But i wouldnt do it.

from my experience, the NK's only respond to power.

Look! I'm sorry ... but I really don't give a tinker's cuss what Nth Korea wants anymore. It's an evil, vicious, anti social, small dick syndrome afflicted cesspit.

I say slap it down now ... and slap it down hard. Hand over the reigns to Sth Korea, unite the country ... everyone lives happily ever after.

So. Who's volunteering to invade and conquer?

I agree with your analysis coming and going, but I wonder if you could expand on what you mean by “progress”.

Permit me to sway off topic a bit. Intellectually, I think I have fairly average grasp of the historical dynamics that led to the creation of the DPRK and the almost elegant array of internal and external forces that that keep it cemented in place now and almost certainly deep into the future.

That said, when I begin to think about a possible or potential solution to the "problem" I digress immediately into something really base like “One more broken promise Great-Dear-Eat a Bag of S****-Leader, one more missile test, one more shelling of an island filled with civilians…one more boat sunk…gain just one more pound while everyone else starves and we will reduce our stock pile of specials to the point people in South America are dying of radiation sickness…then repeat the process annually and celebrate it as a holiday.

Yours truly,

A disgruntled customer

P.s. please die a slow and painful death…Twice!

0------------

Then I take a deep breath…smile…and remember I really don’t give a s***. Brother does have a tight hair cut.

Edited by Scott
profanity

Look around. No Commy regime has ever been conquered... Instead they collapse under the dead weight of their economy.

Why talk to NK?

Why help them with income?

When the money for their glorious Army runs out - they will collapse.

And the WWIII is not going to start in NK, Not with their resources, their economics and the 'enthusiasm' of their population.

Look around. No Commy regime has ever been conquered... Instead they collapse under the dead weight of their economy.

And you're basing that on ... one 'regime" (USSR)? The others are doing fine. Each to his own I guess.

And you're basing that on ... one 'regime" (USSR)? The others are doing fine. Each to his own I guess.

Name but one, please...?

USSR , Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Mongolia, China, Vietnam, Cuba, Bulgaria, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Poland, E. Germany -

I repeat: none of them have been ever conquered. Leave them alone and they will collapse (meaning Commy regime) under the dead weight of their economy. China is not an exception - its economy is better than most Western countries, but its Commies grip on political power within is already going, going, gone...

And you are right, one should go to one's own...

Before you argue make sure you do your homework...coffee1.gif

Edited by ABCer