"grace period" for 90 day limit?

Though expats may have a work permit, they still have to go through the process of having reporting every 90 days to the local officials. I discovered that my last 90day is on the 10 of JULY. I am flying out of the country on the 11 of July. My Thai expediter (he is the one that usually gets my passport re-stamped) says there is a 1 week grace period after the 90th day. Does anyone know if this is true. I don't want to go to the airport and be retained and miss my flight.

The seven days late is only to make the report.

If you leave after your report date it probably will be noticed when the next report is done and a possible 2000 baht fine charged.

Immigration at the airport does not check for 90 day reports. Most people pull the slip out of their passport before leaving since it is no longer valid when you leave the country.

Edited by ubonjoe

I think you need to change your ''expediter''.... if he/she was worth their salt they would have your 90 days in their diary based on your last report.

Why would you honestly need an expediter anyway? It only takes minutes to do the report.

Denmark state in rotten something is of the

I think you need to change your ''expediter''.... if he/she was worth their salt they would have your 90 days in their diary based on your last report.

Why would you honestly need an expediter anyway? It only takes minutes to do the report.

Yes, my expeditor informed me Friday that the due date was next week - the day before I would leave Thailand for holiday. He is worth his weight in gold. since my expediter is based in BKK, I am trying to save him a trip. (I am out at Bowin) Why would anyone need an "expediter" you ask? Farangs that work here, usually work a full day. I do not have time to take off and go to the immigration authorities. If you are retired and do not work a 8-10 hour day, then you would have plentyh of time.

If you are flying out of the country then don't worry, take the slip out of your passport that mentions your 90 day report and forget about it.

Passing through immigration is considered to be the equivalent to a 90 day report.. So when you come back you have another 90 days before you need to report to immigration.

edit: I have done exactly the same and flew out 7 days after 90 day report was due.. no problems.

Edited by Satcommlee

Yes, my expeditor informed me Friday that the due date was next week - the day before I would leave Thailand for holiday. He is worth his weight in gold. since my expediter is based in BKK, I am trying to save him a trip. (I am out at Bowin) Why would anyone need an "expediter" you ask? Farangs that work here, usually work a full day. I do not have time to take off and go to the immigration authorities. If you are retired and do not work a 8-10 hour day, then you would have plentyh of time.

All the people I know who work here are given the time off by their employer to go and report to Immigration as it is a legal requirement of your stay and work here. Your employer must be one of the few who doesn't.

I do work here.... and yes, I do a full day as well. I make sure I take the time to go and report. Its called managing your time and work.