Farang got Stabbed

ShopBoy

It is an atrocious attack by a Thai. Many of us are highly embarassed, and we are very saddened. However, that is no reason to call all Thais, or taxi drivers for additional matter barbaric, machete wielding killers, as a result of one solitary bad incident.

Every country has its angered people, and emotionally uncontrolled people, in momentary out-bursts that end up with murder.

Please consider all other law abiding Thais, that many of you seem to want to gel into the same group as this disturbed man.

I hope for consolidation and, soon, closure for Mr. Pilkington's family; but please, stop writing dirt about Thais and Thailand as a generalisation.

Sunisa. sad.png

I certainly think many of the Thais I know would be outraged by this incident - there are far more good, law abiding people in this country, then scum like this Taxi driver. Sadly though, Thailand reputation continues to get worse around the world, with incidents like this and other scams. It's not helped when the government is run by a convicted criminal fugitive, and has other thugs in positions of power.

Why bring politics into it? Would you prefer the country to be run by an anti-democratic, ultra-royalist elite?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... I wanted to put a Thai perspective on this.

I went to Pantip.com which is the biggest forum for Thais and is the thaivisa equivalent. So that I can get a clear view of how Thais have reacted to this shocking news.

It is overwhelmingly in condemnation of the murder of Mr Pilkington. The anger towards not only the taxi driver, but also to the police who are once again being blamed by Thais for this outrage. Comments ranged from Pity Mr Pilkington, come to Thailand and had to die. One other stated he wants to go to Sauvanabhumi airport and get out of here. Another said that they won't get in a taxi ever again in BKK, and they are all bad people who are always armed and are always violent and part of a big organized gang. (Yes, the taxis here are run by criminals and you have to be affiliated to even get a job)..... remember these are the words of Thai people and not my own words.

After digging a bit deeper, my wife managed to unearth many reports of incidents involving armed and violent BKK taxi drivers. Not sure if I can post links to the videos. But I will anyway.

These are all very recent, there are so many and we only looked for a few minutes and these are the first ones we found. If you can read Thai, you should find many more.

VIDEO 1

Just last week, one taxi cuts up another on the road and is followed to the gas station by the aggrieved driver who gets out of his cab with a knife and attempts to get at the other driver, there was a passenger in the other car and the taxi kept his doors locked and managed to get away.

VIDEO 2

A young passenger was very drunk and taxi driver said if he wanted to vomit, then tell him to stop and vomit outside the cab. Guy told him to stop and got out and vomited in the street, then for some reason a scuffle breaks out and the driver reaches into his cab and take out a gun and shoots the kid 6 times.

VIDEO 3

Taxi driver gets overtaken by nutter taxi driver and beeps his horn. The nutter gets out of his cab and threatens the other driver with what looks to be a samurai sword, but the victim driver thinks it was a length of pipe.

I could post many more, but you get the idea.

It seems that Thai people are very pissed off at this incident as most of us are (minus a core of apologists that you always get on here). But the real underlying problem is that the police are reluctant to do anything about it, and all they really need to do is to have a crackdown and conduct an operation to search taxis randomly, and anyone carrying a weapon is whisked straight of to prison. But they choose to be reactive rather than proactive. Disarm the taxis and make a lot of examples of offenders with large prison sentences, only then will there start to be an improvement.

While they are at it, enforce the law that was introduced by THE GOVERNMENT saying ALL taxi drivers must accept a fare no matter what. Which was completely ignored by the taxi drivers because a few weeks after it came out, I was in BKK and me and the wife had to stand in the rain while we were refused by about 15 taxis in a row, and that was for around a 150B fare.

I have to say. I agree with most of the Thais.

This is the best post I have read following this through. It is an horrific incident and no matter what occurred Mr Pilkington did not deserve to die. It has been a little depressing reading a lot of the posts. It is good to read a balanced view from local people who are shocked and appalled by this and not waving flags as others might have you believe. I will not be generalizing that Thai people are full of resentment and hatred towards foreigners, your post supports that for me..

This is a great post but here is the problem in Thailand as I see it. Leadership, respect, decency, common sense, equality all that good stuff eminates from the top. When the leadership is corrupt; when the politicians are inept and corrupt; when the police are almost totally inept and corrupt then the sense of, "I can do anything I want because no one cares and I can get away with it" pervades thru the populace. In Thailand it is pervasive. These guys go thru PM's like maggots on a piece of meat. Nobody cares here. I think the only reason they claim they have laws here is to sucker punch the West in to thinking they are not a fourth world country. Name one traffic law here that is enforced except the helmut laws and then only when the coffers are running low.

Are there any intelligent Thais here? Sure, but that is not the norm. Its' nice a few Thais are supportivie of the dead guy but what are they gonna do about it? Probably nothing. And what is the American Embassy gonna do about it? Probably nothing because we if they bitch the Thais won't let them keep their secret prisons here anymore where they let em torture terrorists. They are gutless.

Unfortunately there are nutters everywhere,the whole world is more violent nowadays.I know of farangs who carry weapons too,and no doubt would use them in a so called protecting themselves mode.

So many hotbeds of violence in uk too, take Glasgow for instance,supposed to have more nutters than anywhere in the uk

Off topic, this a thai forum not UK

It is an atrocious attack by a Thai. Many of us are highly embarassed, and we are very saddened. However, that is no reason to call all Thais, or taxi drivers for additional matter barbaric, machete wielding killers, as a result of one solitary bad incident.

Every country has its angered people, and emotionally uncontrolled people, in momentary out-bursts that end up with murder.

Please consider all other law abiding Thais, that many of you seem to want to gel into the same group as this disturbed man.

I hope for consolidation and, soon, closure for Mr. Pilkington's family; but please, stop writing dirt about Thais and Thailand as a generalisation.

Sunisa. sad.png

I certainly think many of the Thais I know would be outraged by this incident - there are far more good, law abiding people in this country, then scum like this Taxi driver. Sadly though, Thailand reputation continues to get worse around the world, with incidents like this and other scams. It's not helped when the government is run by a convicted criminal fugitive, and has other thugs in positions of power.

I accept your view, to some degree, Mr. Toad. However, this matter is nothing to do with scams or the government, or a convicted fugitive. It is simply to do with a murder; and a brutal murder of a foreign man working in Thailand. Please, this happens in every country.

Sunisa.

• Like 2

It completely disgusts me how the Thai "journalists" are explaining what happened according to what the murderer said.

It's depressing how many morons accept what they read as true.

It is according to eyewitnesses. not just the taxi driver.

Disgusting that the Thai basher doesn't take the news reports into account because it doesn't fit their fantasy.

What eyewitnesses? How many were there? Did the police take statements? Have they issued copies of the statements? Ddi they interview they seperately or all together to get their bogus story straight? You think the police did a professional investigation with these witnesses? I'd love to interview them. How is it that so many eyewitnesses just happened to be looking at a cab? Something special about cabs in Bangkok? I doubt anyone saw the coffee throwing even if it did occur. They might have seen the sword wielding maniac but that is about it. The rest is highly bogus. Read my previous posts. How can a guy with a package in one hand have coffee in the other and open a car door? Flucking impossible much less throw it thru a window which was probably closed because most cabs have air conditioning. And to suggest any newpaper story in Thailand is authoritative shows how pathetically stupid someone has to be to believe it. (Not just in Thailand btw).

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1
  • Like 1

@ pedro01 - And I sincerely doubt the guy who originally posted that comment, rigpig, was referring to the "American". Perhaps I should have quoted the entire paragraph, not just one line.

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 1

Its on Yahoo in the UK:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/samurai-sword-death-thai-taxi-driver-charged-212622751.html#r5GBicK

According to the yahoo story...51-year-old American worked for the machinery company Caterpillar and had lived in Thailand for at least three years.
What i found over the years is SOME folks that come here [even ones that appear totally normal/ stable] lose it after 6+ months, the longer they stay the worst they get.
Maybe its the heat, culture, Thai girls, motorbikes coming from all directions i don't know, BUT what i do see they go down hill and start losing it...this incident reminds of a long term teacher i knew here years ago and when we use to go out, he would hail a taxi, ask the Thai chap if he would use the meter, if NOT the teacher would slam the taxi door and shout abuse at him!

Back then i was new here, but even then i knew this was NOT a good thing to do, judging by the angry drivers face...

Just my 2cents worth...
Edited by CaptainPeacock
  • Like 1

It completely disgusts me how the Thai "journalists" are explaining what happened according to what the murderer said.

Disgusting that the Thai basher doesn't take the news reports into account because it doesn't fit their fantasy.

Does that mean that if we don't believe what we read, including ricklev's comment, then we are not morons ? whistling.gif

hit the UK Tabloids now

Bangkok taxi driver arrested for hacking an American to death with a 12" machete over $1.50 fare

• Troy Lee Pilkington, 51, was stabbed to death in Bangkok
  • Thai taxi driver allegedly killed him with a 12in machete
  • American expatriate said to have been murdered over $1.60 taxi fare

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358114/Bangkok-taxi-driver-arrested-hacking-American-Troy-Lee-Pilkington-death.html#ixzz2YSEcCPqa

Edited by Boater

What eyewitnesses? How many were there? Did the police take statements? Have they issued copies of the statements? Ddi they interview they seperately or all together to get their bogus story straight? You think the police did a professional investigation with these witnesses? I'd love to interview them. How is it that so many eyewitnesses just happened to be looking at a cab? Something special about cabs in Bangkok? I doubt anyone saw the coffee throwing even if it did occur. They might have seen the sword wielding maniac but that is about it. The rest is highly bogus. Read my previous posts. How can a guy with a package in one hand have coffee in the other and open a car door? Flucking impossible much less throw it thru a window which was probably closed because most cabs have air conditioning. And to suggest any newpaper story in Thailand is authoritative shows how pathetically stupid someone has to be to believe it. (Not just in Thailand btw).

Sorry, but your inflammatory comments and bias is certainly no better than the Thai reporting.

Agreed - he'd be better of playing Cluedo "Cl. Mustard done it wiv' th' candelabra in th' dinin' room".

His comments are all over the show and make no sense at all - I think anybody with two hands can hold a plastic bag and a coffee in one hand, while opening/closing a car door with the other.

• Like 1

Sunisa. sad.png

I accept your view, to some degree, Mr. Toad. However, this matter is nothing to do with scams or the government, or a convicted fugitive. It is simply to do with a murder; and a brutal murder of a foreign man working in Thailand. Please, this happens in every country.

Sunisa.

Yes, it happens in every country but in Thailand the locals get away with it. Especially if it is a "farong" who gets killed or assaulted. In civilized countries there is a price to be paid but not here.

Sunisa. sad.png

Sunsia, do not worry....we do not all think in that way and we do not all make generalizations, as we know they are plainly wrong....please do not think all foreigners think like this, as we do not. If we did not like Thailand we would not live hear and millions of people would not travel here on holiday. Bangkok has in fact just beat London as the most visited city in the world by tourists ! And voted the number one city by tourists by a travel magazine. There are many wonderful aspects of Bangkok but like any big city it has crime and it has violence.

Any intelligent person knows that not all Thai people are the same as this man and they too suffer at the hands of horrible violent people such as this man. All societies have their share of nasty criminals and violent people. Not only Thailand. The UK and USA have our fair share too and only a month or two ago a man was hacked to death in broad daylight in the UK. There are knife crimes every day all over the UK. There are also violent crimes in most countries. I am afraid many societies around the world are suffering a decay in social decency and negative behavioral problems. This is not a Thai thing or a foreign thing...it is just a violent aggressive man who lost control and killed someone. It is very sad for all involved and the man hopefully will be punished to the full extent of the law. His actions demand that to show all taxi drivers they will not be allowed to do this and get away with it.

This is a very sad and most horrific story. And any good, decent person of any nationality anywhere in the world including Thai people would rightfully be saddened and disgusted by this grotesque attack. A Thai family will be terribly effected by this as the victim was married with a Thai family. He supported them all. They have not only lost their Father and husband but the support they had. The victim was someone's brother, father and son. He obviously liked living in Thailand and he married a Thai lady so I am sure he did not think all Thai people are bad. Of course they are not. I have many wonderful Thai friends who have given me such gracious hospitality and acts of kindness. So do not worry we know it is not all Thai people and we know many of you are of course saddened, as you all have families too. Emotions fly high on chat rooms and people are angry and sickened. But if we live or have lived in Thailand, we obviously like it and this will not ruin that. But perhaps it will make us all, Thai's and foreigners alike, more careful. We all know that some taxi drivers (not all) are rude, aggressive and try to cheat people. They have a reputation for it. I have even heard my Thai female friends say they scared to go in taxi's at night on their own, due to safety concerns and my Thai friends often get upset with the taxi drivers attitude. It is a problem that needs to be dealt with for sure. Of course there are some nice ones too but I think we have all experienced taxi driver attitude issues, not wanting to use meters, refusing to go somewhere, trying to inflate prices and taking us on rides around the city the long way to make more money...I also know people who have been attacked. I personally have had to get out of taxi's due to crazy driving and bad attitudes. It happens.... they should be drug tested too every month and go through some sort of training and punished and fined for violations. They are responsible for their passengers and should act accordingly as they should do anywhere in the world.

The man is caught and hopefully will be punished severely for his nasty horrible act. It is no ones fault except him. Lets hope the government sees the problem and acts on it.

At best all we can all do is wish the family good thoughts and send our condolences. We are all sad, both Thai people and foreigners. smile.png. I still love Thailand and have great respect for many Thai people who have been so kind to me. But I am always careful in taxi's !

Edited by Jules65
Reply repaired, when replying to a quoted post, please do not make your entry inside the quote tags.
  • Like 1

Sorry, but your inflammatory comments and bias is certainly no better than the Thai reporting.

My comments are based on logic and common sense. What are yours based on? You haven't countered one thing I have said. I am biased against criminals whether here or elsewhere. I've been assaulted here for no reason. I have a friend here who was assaulted for taking a walk down a private street doing no harm to anyone. Where I come from the guy could have been charged with attempted murder. Here the assaulter and the cops told jokes to each other.

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1

First part of video with the foreigner in the frame in slow motion:

It's sad that our American friend, Mr Eyeswideopen, ThaiVisa 'Advanced member/Suoer member, lacks all objectivity and wades in with his condemnation of 'huge numbers of farang' being unworthy of the privilege to visit Thailand.

For whatever reason, there can be no justification by this Thai swordsman, or any other nationality of swordsman, to attack another individual in this fashion.

I'm sorry Eyeswideopen's wife was so badly treated in Mexico, in deed it's shameful when other nationalities behave thus. However, consider the attitude of many Americans toward their Mexican neighbours and the reason for her experience may become apparent.

More importantly,Thai Visa is a forum for anyone living in or wishing to visit Thailand and provides valuable information but it's frustrating, on a daily basis, when events bring forth contentious commentary by the sanctimonious as well as the stupid.

Perhaps the time has arrived to carefully edit the dross and simply display posts which are balanced and objective and not based upon personal grievance or circumstantial guesswork.

I've 12 years experience here in Thailand, good and bad. I get frustrated with Thais on occasion and suspect the feeling is mutual. I enjoy the lifestyle here and the 'freedoms' compared with my British origins but I see the shortcomings on both sides.

What I don't need is self righteous condemnation of fellow farang by any self appointed Judge, Jury & Executioner. If the Thais wanted things different they'd enact laws to control antisocial behaviour by foreigners and Thai nationals alike. The fact they haven't speaks volumes. Enough said !

• Like 1

It is upsetting enough, for all involved. However, to continue to dictate negativity about Thailand; Thais; and to generalise and mark down life here is, for me, more upsetting. This is not a daily occurance, and I have expressed Thai sympathy in this matter. I have tried to explain that Thailand will take this matter seriously, very much so. Yet there are still wanton negative remarks that flow. This event is not a normal daily event, especially against foreigners by taxi drivers in general. I am saddened by the continued detriment to my people and homeland.

I studied in England, and I saw as much unruly violence on a daily basis as here, if not worse. Knife carrying in the British youth is something that staggered me. Deaths my stabbing astounded me. Can't we agree to agree that this event is not particular to Bangkok?

Sunisa. :(

• Like 1

Sunisa. sad.png

Sunsia, do not worry....we do not all think in that way and we do not all make generalizations, as we know they are plainly wrong....please do not think all foreigners think like this, as we do not. If we did not like Thailand we would not live hear and millions of people would not travel here on holiday. Bangkok has in fact just beat London as the most visited city in the world by tourists ! And voted the number one city by tourists by a travel magazine. There are many wonderful aspects of Bangkok but like any big city it has crime and it has violence.

Any intelligent person knows that not all Thai people are the same as this man and they too suffer at the hands of horrible violent people such as this man. All societies have their share of nasty criminals and violent people. Not only Thailand. The UK and USA have our fair share too and only a month or two ago a man was hacked to death in broad daylight in the UK. There are knife crimes every day all over the UK. There are also violent crimes in most countries. I am afraid many societies around the world are suffering a decay in social decency and negative behavioral problems. This is not a Thai thing or a foreign thing...it is just a violent aggressive man who lost control and killed someone. It is very sad for all involved and the man hopefully will be punished to the full extent of the law. His actions demand that to show all taxi drivers they will not be allowed to do this and get away with it.

This is a very sad and most horrific story. And any good, decent person of any nationality anywhere in the world including Thai people would rightfully be saddened and disgusted by this grotesque attack. A Thai family will be terribly effected by this as he was married with a Thai family. He supported them all. They have not only lost their Father and husband but the support they had. He was someone's brother, father and son. He obviously loved living in Thailand and he married a Thai lady so I am sure he did not think all Thai people are bad. Of course they are not. I have many wonderful Thai friends who have given me such gracious hospitality and acts of kindness. So do not worry we know it is not all Thai people and we know many of you are of course saddened as you all have families too. Emotions fly high on chat rooms and people are angry and sickened. But if we live there we obviously like it and this will not ruin that. But perhaps it will make us all Thai's and foreigners alike, more careful. We all know what some taxi drivers (not all) are rude, aggressive and try to cheat people. They have a reputation for it. I have even heard my Thai female friends say they scared to go in taxi's at night on their own, due to safety concerns and my Thai friends often get upset with the taxi drivers attitude. It is a problem that needs to be dealt with for sure. Of course there are some nice ones too but I think we have all experienced taxi driver attitude issues, not wanting to use meters, refusing to go somewhere, trying to inflate prices and taking us on rides around the city the long way to make more money...I also know people who have been attacked. I personally have had to get out of taxi's due to crazy driving and bad attitudes. It happens.... they should be drug tested too every month.

At best all we can all do is wish the family the best and send our condolences. We are all sad, both Thai people and foreigners. smile.png. I still love Thailand and have great respect for many Thai people who have been so kind to me.

Thank you. Your words are also kind.

Sunisa.

I studied in England, and I saw as much unruly violence on a daily basis as here, if not worse. Knife carrying in the British youth is something that staggered me. Deaths my stabbing astounded me. Can't we agree to agree that this event is not particular to Bangkok?

Sunisa. sad.png

Well, UK is a sh*thole anyway. :) They will soon be kicked out of EU unless they kick themselves out first.

My comments are based on logic and common sense. What are yours based on? You haven't countered one thing I have said. I am biased against criminals whether here or elsewhere. I've been assaulted here for no reason. I have a friend here who was assaulted for taking a walk down a private street doing no harm to anyone. Where I come from the guy could have been charged with attempted murder. Here the assaulter and the cops told jokes to each other.

My comments are based on what I've read. I have nothing else to base them on as I wasn't there when it happened. I don't think you were either, so your comments are no more valid than any others. You just might want to think about making them in a less provocative way. I'm sorry you were assaulted "for no reason", but I don't see the relevance to this incident. I've lived in Bangkok for 8 years and have never been assaulted. Is that relevant?

• Like 2

What i found over the years is SOME folks that come here [even ones that appear totally normal/ stable] lose it after 6+ months, the longer they stay the worst they get.

Tropical fatuigue... I've lived in Africa and have seen something similar there. Many "toubab" eventually get seriously lost into boose* and all related trouble (girls, STD,s, fights, etc). Not saying the american victim had it, just explaining what i have seen, similar to what u write above. Tropical fatuigue is believed to be (mainly) caused by "social stress" from being away from your habitat (and all frustrattions involved).

* and tranquilizers

Edited by stickylies

It is upsetting enough, for all involved. However, to continue to dictate negativity about Thailand; Thais; and to generalise and mark down life here is, for me, more upsetting. This is not a daily occurance, and I have expressed Thai sympathy in this matter. I have tried to explain that Thailand will take this matter seriously, very much so. Yet there are still wanton negative remarks that flow. This event is not a normal daily event, especially against foreigners by taxi drivers in general. I am saddened by the continued detriment to my people and homeland.

Sunisa. sad.png

Your homeland is the UK. Give it up already.

My father is British. I am Thai, as I see myself. I grew up here, studied hard and understand my homeland. I don't know what your insinuation is, but I knew I would get this, for trying to attempt to give a Thai point of view in a Western forum. I knew I was unwelcome from the outset, and your post proves such as my thoughts hold.

Thank you for your inspiration to not venture further on this site.

Sunisa.

• Like 1

Sunisa. sad.png

My father is British. I am Thai, as I see myself. I grew up here, studied hard and understand my homeland. I don't know what your insinuation is, but I knew I would get this, for trying to attempt to give a Thai point of view in a Western forum. I knew I was unwelcome from the outset, and your post proves such as my thoughts hold.

Sunisa.

there's plenty of people, westerners, who think like you but gave up posting here. wai.gif

Sunisa. sad.png

Sunisa.

don't let it bother you, I am sure many appreciate your efforts and encourage you to continue

• Like 1

Sunisa. sad.png

Totally agree and very well put.

First part of video with the foreigner in the frame in slow motion:

It's sad that our American friend, Mr Eyeswideopen, ThaiVisa 'Advanced member/Suoer member, lacks all objectivity and wades in with his condemnation of 'huge numbers of farang' being unworthy of the privilege to visit Thailand.

For whatever reason, there can be no justification by this Thai swordsman, or any other nationality of swordsman, to attack another individual in this fashion.

I'm sorry Eyeswideopen's wife was so badly treated in Mexico, in deed it's shameful when other nationalities behave thus. However, consider the attitude of many Americans toward their Mexican neighbours and the reason for her experience may become apparent.

More importantly,Thai Visa is a forum for anyone living in or wishing to visit Thailand and provides valuable information but it's frustrating, on a daily basis, when events bring forth contentious commentary by the sanctimonious as well as the stupid.

Perhaps the time has arrived to carefully edit the dross and simply display posts which are balanced and objective and not based upon personal grievance or circumstantial guesswork.

I've 12 years experience here in Thailand, good and bad. I get frustrated with Thais on occasion and suspect the feeling is mutual. I enjoy the lifestyle here and the 'freedoms' compared with my British origins but I see the shortcomings on both sides.

What I don't need is self righteous condemnation of fellow farang by any self appointed Judge, Jury & Executioner. If the Thais wanted things different they'd enact laws to control antisocial behaviour by foreigners and Thai nationals alike. The fact they haven't speaks volumes. Enough said !

Uhhhh I think you are confusing me with another poster. My wife has never been outside of Thailand, and I have certainly never said anything about 'huge numbers of farang' being unworthy of the privilege to visit Thailand.

Aha!!! Found it. You need to direct your vitriol towards Khun Bahbahbobo, post # 237. He is the one with the wife who was in Mexico. Feel free to edit your post and take my name out... :-)

Bahbahbobo>>>>

"I had to fight with many governments and border crossings.

I never forget in Mexico when she broke down crying and said to me 'Darling why the people all bad to Thailand, Thailand good to everyone, we welcome everyone'."

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Sunisa. sad.png

Well, UK is a sh*thole anyway. smile.png They will soon be kicked out of EU unless they kick themselves out first.

The UK is certainly not a sh*thole. What does this comment have to do with this topic? The UK does have a problem with inner city youths (particularly gang members) carrying knives and it is fair for Sunisa to point this out. No where is perfect, everywhere has problems.

I ALWAYS CARRY PEPPER SPRAY IN THAILAND. NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED IT.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unfortunately, pepper spray will not stop a determined attacker. Don't let that little canister give you a false sense of security.

Exactly. I once went up against a ladyboy armed with a knife with only my pepper spray as protection. The result was that the ladyboy won and I ended up in the hospital. Next time I encounter a person armed with a knife, I'll just run. I have no face to worry about losing.

• Like 1

Sunisa. sad.png

Sunisa.

Don't pay any attention to the stupid comments. i used this site as i thought it would help me understand Thailand better and in a lot of ways it does. However, it didn't take me long to realise that there are some bitter people who seem to get off just posting comments to spark a reaction. Perhaps because they have nothing better to do.

You're comments make sense to me and are a refreshing change to the people on here who seem to like to generalize all of the time.

• Like 2