Personal trainer in Chiang mai?

Pokerstar

I was a fitness trainer for 4-5 years back home. So glad I changed careers. Clients who pay people to train them expect their money to mean they don't have to do the work (yes, every single one of them), and therefore never get results like some regular person who gets off their ass and tries to accomplish something by learning on their own and actually putting in the effort.

Money can buy you a lot of things, but it if you want to improve you shape - hand your green over to a plastic surgeon instead

Atleast by getting a (hopefully qualified) foreigner you avoid taking your life in your hands, and your only loss is time and money.

Maps, don't you think a lazy Fat body will at least make more of an effort to actually show up on a workout schedule with bookings are made in advance and prepaid sessions? Will he not push himself more with a trainer to motivate?

in my case, my condo has nice equipment but i have no idea of how to use the machines or even turn them on.i would pay someone to teach how to use the machines. the work, i can do myself. i rode at least 8000 km every years for over 40 years but in the last few years since coming to thailand, my exercise has fallen off and i have lost a good part of my muscle mass. i dont want to be a he-man, just healthy fit.

i asked at powerhouse gym and it would cost me $300 a month to do this. seems silly when the equipment is just sitting unused at my condo.

Maps, don't you think a lazy Fat body will at least make more of an effort to actually show up on a workout schedule with bookings are made in advance and prepaid sessions? Will he not push himself more with a trainer to motivate?

Definitely not. The committment threshold is quite high to see results here, and just showing and so you can think you are doing "more than nothing' doesn't come anywhere near cutting it.

I know people who think like that and then get a serotonin hit like they are actually doing 'something' from just organising to show up - but a serotonin hit won't improve your body. In fact it usually inhibits it because they are already satisfied from the serotonin hit from organising to meet and then are even less likely to put any further effort.

in my case, my condo has nice equipment but i have no idea of how to use the machines or even turn them on.i would pay someone to teach how to use the machines. the work, i can do myself. i rode at least 8000 km every years for over 40 years but in the last few years since coming to thailand, my exercise has fallen off and i have lost a good part of my muscle mass. i dont want to be a he-man, just healthy fit.

i asked at powerhouse gym and it would cost me $300 a month to do this. seems silly when the equipment is just sitting unused at my condo.

Yea that's a different case because you would just hire them a handful few times to go through the way to use the equipment, and then you can do it on your own after that.

Maybe a long shot but: If it is western made equipment like Nautilus, etc, the manufacturer might have manuals on their web sites.

I'll arrange to train you for nothing, you can pay for the trainers coffee after. Not in a gym though.

Proposed training regime mornings 3x week

Walking up Pilgrim's Trail to Wat Palaat, 2Km approx 25 mins, read a book and rest for 1 hour, walk back down, total 4Kms.

Progression, walking up Pilgrim's Trail past Wat Palaat up to to Wat Doi Suthep, 3Km approx 90 mins, rest 5 min, walk back down, total 6Kms.

Weight loss guaranteed at least 10Kg per year.

Starting this Friday morning at 8:30, start of Pilgrims Trail.

(up Suthep road, turn right past Wat Fai Hin, rear of Zoo, trail starts to left of channel 7 TV tower)

Equipment required, walking shoes, 1 litre of water.

Not suitable for someone with heart or breathing problems.

• Like 1

Yep, I have done that trail many times while getting in shape. It ideal.

I don't see why only 3x per week though - I did it every day.

And not sure what the rest is before coming down since down is always fairly easy especially after the up, just have to be careful of your footing to not slip.

I tend to start going about 15 minutes up the first time (focusing on going slow enough to not stop because the steep start is tough when you are not in shape yet).

Each day add another couple of minutes until I could get up to the temple.

But yep - awesome trail.

I second the idea.

• 6 years later...
On 7/10/2013 at 1:07 PM, KRS1 said:

Step 1) Get out and start jogging.

I started 2 months ago and couldn't jog half a kilometer...now i'm up to 12 kilometers.

My 80 yr old aunt started walking 5 miles a day... she is 85 now and we don't know where she is...