'Hitler' Fried Chicken: KFC may sue restaurant in Thailand

webfact

Thai's like Hitler because he was a strong leader. I have connections with both the US and the UK. My comments have not been aimed at who's right or wrong, just the truth, not the Hollywood version of the truth. The British are just as guilty at distorting facts as the US. However if the US is to lead the World they should show a shining example.

Here's a few light hearted digs at the US. Hope you enjoy them. BTW Dr. Thaksin would not be fit to polish Hitler's shoes. Hitler was a genius whether you like him or not, but he did suffer from megalomania towards the end as most dictators do. Dr. Thaksin and family would be more aptly compared to the Marcos Clan.

Explanation of the first building http://www.whale.to/b/swastikashaped.html

The second photo is a US Navy building in Coronado, CA that was "unintentionally" built in the shape of a swastika. Now, because of a public uproar, the Navy will be spending $600,000 to alter the shape of the building.

Many more buildings like this in the US. Just Google Swastika buildings.

post-202194-0-78758700-1402212265_thumb.

post-202194-0-96539600-1402212753_thumb.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I speak from more than a decade of daily interaction and everyday experience with Thais and their parents in school and out of school, daily and every day detailed interaction and specific experience with Thais and the Thai people, and after having arrived in Thailand in 1998, living since with Thais on a daily basis, day in and day out, each and every day I've spent in Thailand with and among Thais.

Get the facts and realities of my day to day experience with Thais in Thailand over many years past your own self-created mental block.

There's a real problem here of mentality and attitude but it's not mine.

This one really takes the biscuit. It is actually your indirect admission that you have utterly failed to adapt to your new surroundings. You have a real problem here. Both we mentality and attitude. You're a guest in Thailand. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. It is obvious that no one taught you manners.

when in rome saying means merely to adopt the customs as its advantageous, as maybe but i dont see a lot of the customs as anything other than out of date and irrelevant, unless you include the corruption and double talk.. Also not much point in going to a Thai temple if you not Buddhist.Other customs are also irrelevant, out of date or just flat out bad. why would you adopt those if you knew better ? Some things like finger pointing or touching the head are easy to adopt and manners, abasing oneself as an example would not.

Adapting is one thing, doing as the natives do especially where morals or human rights are concerned is quite another. Ideally one would and should adapt but also reject lesser morals or worse treatment towards others. With ones thinking and knowledge its better to just use it, you dont throw it away in the garbage and use Thai logic if and when you know better. Eg you dont forget how to wire a house and the sensible need for earthing for instance or driving properly or wearing a safety helmet on a bike or riding 4 up. There is no sense in adopting "when in rome" attitude there, its liable to get you and or others killed.

You should adapt of course and where can use your education, critical thinking or common sense and work things out, Or where you know better, reject the when in rome idea. I suspect pub has adapted more than well enough but draws the line at adopting fascist ideals and other backward ideas or half baked solutions to problems we see all over the place every day.

Bottom line. When it comes to Thai politics, Thai morals and their way of life it is better to leave Thais to work out what is the best way forward. Thailand, however imperfect, is still ahead of the USA in many things. There is more poverty in the USA, there is more inequality in the USA, there is less democracy in the USA, half of the US population (adults) is on medication (mentally unstable), the destruction of family values...etc...etc...UK is slowly but surely following the suit. Having better educational standards than Thais doesn't mean that we are superior to them. If we were, there wouldn't be so much poverty and suffering back home. Most of us are in Thailand simply because we have better quality of life here, aren't we?

• Like 2

This is still going a year later?

Even though, as pointed out by Misterwhisperer here, the story is fake!

(Edited to correct typo)

I believe this was such a crucial topic that it was given two threads. Not all of our members may have read that it was a fake.

Posted 2013-07-05 17:49:27

Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand and comes complete with logo of Nazi leader in a bow tie

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/651562-fried-chicken-takeaway-called-hitler-opens-in-thailand/

And

Posted 2013-07-09 06:27:26

'Hitler' Fried Chicken: KFC May Sue Restaurant In Thailand For Replacing Colonel Sanders With Adolf Hitler

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/652285-hitler-fried-chicken-kfc-may-sue-restaurant-in-thailand/

Edited by thailiketoo

And I speak from more than a decade of daily interaction and everyday experience with Thais and their parents in school and out of school, daily and every day detailed interaction and specific experience with Thais and the Thai people, and after having arrived in Thailand in 1998, living since with Thais on a daily basis, day in and day out, each and every day I've spent in Thailand with and among Thais.

Get the facts and realities of my day to day experience with Thais in Thailand over many years past your own self-created mental block.

There's a real problem here of mentality and attitude but it's not mine.

This one really takes the biscuit. It is actually your indirect admission that you have utterly failed to adapt to your new surroundings. You have a real problem here. Both we mentality and attitude. You're a guest in Thailand. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. It is obvious that no one taught you manners.

when in rome saying means merely to adopt the customs as its advantageous, as maybe but i dont see a lot of the customs as anything other than out of date and irrelevant, unless you include the corruption and double talk.. Also not much point in going to a Thai temple if you not Buddhist.Other customs are also irrelevant, out of date or just flat out bad. why would you adopt those if you knew better ? Some things like finger pointing or touching the head are easy to adopt and manners, abasing oneself as an example would not.

Adapting is one thing, doing as the natives do especially where morals or human rights are concerned is quite another. Ideally one would and should adapt but also reject lesser morals or worse treatment towards others. With ones thinking and knowledge its better to just use it, you dont throw it away in the garbage and use Thai logic if and when you know better. Eg you dont forget how to wire a house and the sensible need for earthing for instance or driving properly or wearing a safety helmet on a bike or riding 4 up. There is no sense in adopting "when in rome" attitude there, its liable to get you and or others killed.

You should adapt of course and where can use your education, critical thinking or common sense and work things out, Or where you know better, reject the when in rome idea. I suspect pub has adapted more than well enough but draws the line at adopting fascist ideals and other backward ideas or half baked solutions to problems we see all over the place every day.

Bottom line. When it comes to Thai politics, Thai morals and their way of life it is better to leave Thais to work out what is the best way forward. Thailand, however imperfect, is still ahead of the USA in many things. There is more poverty in the USA, there is more inequality in the USA, there is less democracy in the USA, half of the US population (adults) is on medication (mentally unstable), the destruction of family values...etc...etc...UK is slowly but surely following the suit. Having better educational standards than Thais doesn't mean that we are superior to them. If we were, there wouldn't be so much poverty and suffering back home. Most of us are in Thailand simply because we have better quality of life here, aren't we?

I can't and wont comment on the US as im not american except to say it is many times bigger in population than Thailand, proportionately i doubt there is more poverty, and also proportionately not more gun murders it is true however that in Thailand no one is going to starve or die of cold.

Im also not saying there isnt values in LOS or things that arnt worth adopting and the family unit values is one example ( the good parts not the oldest knows best thing) No one that can think for themselves should allow government to replace the parent and whilst your right that superiority has nothing to do with education, when it comes to treating people equally population wise Id really be hard pushed to find a better example than the UKs or most other Southern European country's outlook towards their people, lets not use the word superiority lets use the words inclusive or just.

Better quality of life, hmmm thats a hard one. depends on your age and or the opportunities for your family I guess. As a retirement place yes currently the pound goes further, the climate is better help is cheap etc... health support no, help in general no, equality no, business opportunities ok but very hard going and not easy to navigate and it dosnt get easier as time goes on. For children growing up at a very young age yes, education once they hit secondary school id say no, theres better opportunity elsewhere when a teen and if you run foul of someone or something here it can turn very bad very quick.

so in summery for now anyway in 2014 ........ quality of life for retirement yes ( and i believe it wont be better by the time I do ) for a mature family and teen moving into work id say definitely not without connections.for lower education if left to the system theres no contest its far better at home least in the UK and for upper id have to say most definitely not LOS

Saying all that Thailand IS a wonderful country and the vast majority of its people, ive made a good life to date. Its the government and system that is not worthy, How high it sets its standards will be the measure of its future. I often wonder how many would be here if the price for all this was a rising standard of living to rival say Japan ? Not too many I would bet, which does make me think a lot are really just hoping it bumbles along as it always has for purely selfish reasons, nothing wrong with that btw. I kinda always did myself because I am reminded on almost a daily basis I will unlikely ever be able to call Thailand home, I will not see any benefit only more cost so It is difficult to not be self concerned and think accordingly,. Im also acutely aware things could change tomorrow for every guest here, the older I get the less I like it being a family man. Unlike the UK where my family can all stay forever and indeed they call it their second home,there at least we can never be parted for which my peace of mind I am very very thankful for. I could never have any love for a country I can never truly be secure living in without conditions, such as they are.

This is only my own opinion and im sure many other people see things very differently.

Edited by englishoak

Thai's like Hitler because he was a strong leader. I have connections with both the US and the UK. My comments have not been aimed at who's right or wrong, just the truth, not the Hollywood version of the truth. The British are just as guilty at distorting facts as the US. However if the US is to lead the World they should show a shining example.

Here's a few light hearted digs at the US. Hope you enjoy them. BTW Dr. Thaksin would not be fit to polish Hitler's shoes. Hitler was a genius whether you like him or not, but he did suffer from megalomania towards the end as most dictators do. Dr. Thaksin and family would be more aptly compared to the Marcos Clan.

Explanation of the first building http://www.whale.to/b/swastikashaped.html

The second photo is a US Navy building in Coronado, CA that was "unintentionally" built in the shape of a swastika. Now, because of a public uproar, the Navy will be spending $600,000 to alter the shape of the building.

Many more buildings like this in the US. Just Google Swastika buildings.

The reader gets flashy photos of swastika buildings in the U.S. while the poster proceeds to place in the bulk of his text the statement, "Hitler was a genius whether you like him or not..."

Hitler was a mad racist militarist fascist mass murderer that precipitated a world war, so I'm just not surprised to see a fahlang in Thailand attempt to declare Hitler a genius while issuing the accompanying diktat "whether you like him or not." The "whether you like him or not" is but an arbitrary and summary declaratory assertion, a diktat, that attempts to hamstring the reader into having no choice or options.

I and billions of others long ago made the choice of Hitler descriptions, thereby happily demolishing the diktat and the assertion.

Some call Hitler a genius because he had early political and military successes. Some called him a genius because he gave speeches that tapped deep into the hearts and minds of a demoralized German populace, while using the confiscated assets of Jews to give the masses the autobahn, the Volkswagen, food programs and more.

Some call Hitler a genius because they have a self-serving desire to elevate his stature. Meanwhile, I've never heard a Jewish person call Hitler a genius, nor have I heard a homosexual person or a Roma person, or a WWII veteran, among others, call Hitler a genius.

The single reasonably objective standard to determine the question of a person's genius, which is IQ, is an unknown concerning Hitler and always will remain so, leaving the field open to those that love to exploit the void by connecting the two words "Hitler" and "genius." The bloody facts as we know them are that the two words are mutually exclusive.

The reality is that a genius craves redemption and transformation whereas an insane person craves revenge and destruction. Genius is the swan that once was just the mangy ugly duckling that Hitler was born as and shall always remain, fahlang posters notwithstanding.

• Like 1