Cat trade gang apprehended in Nakhon Phanom

Lite Beer

I've seen about three cats in 18 months in Chiang Mai, and often wish I could say the same about dogs.

Do the Thais have something against cats - cultural, religious or whatever?

The dogs per household here remind me of Australia's indigenous folk who always have dogs at home or around the camp fires.

In Indonesia it's definitely a religious thing: dogs are mostly unwanted, except for the Christian and Hindu groups.

Cats don't bark.

Thank the God's for that...the dogs would be really mad.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^In the same area of China, a friend unfortunately attended a business dinner where he witnessed monkey brain being served, or I should say, the monkey was tied up with its head poking out of a hole in a table. It had bells on it's wrists. It's head was opened and they proceeded to eat its brain. They stopped eating when the bells stopped, as they only eat it when it's alive.

I assume the cat haters who have no issues with people's pets being taken, think people eating monkey's live is their right as homosapiens.

sounds like an Indiana Jones film. how sick can you get?

To Waza, I have heard of rabbit being referred to as underground mutton in South Australia

Rabbits are good eating and so is lamb but Asians won't touch either.

India has a problem with cattle being trafficked across to Bangladesh by gangs.. Thailand it's cats and dogs India it's cattle.

Edited by chooka

To Waza, I have heard of rabbit being referred to as underground mutton in South Australia

Perhaps we could export cane toads to Asia, might solve a problem or two in the top end.

Edited by waza