Alliance between 2 anti-Yingluck groups now in tatters: Activist

webfact

Alliance Between 2 Anti-Yingluck Groups Now In Tatters: Activist

ay.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The leader of the "Networks of Thai Who Love Their Nation" which rallied against PM and Defence Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in front of the Ministry of Defence yesterday (11 July) announced his group would no longer cooperate with another anti-government faction.

The right-wing "Networks" had been camping at the Royal Field (Sanam Luang) in Bangkok′s Old City quarters alongside the ally group called Dharmatippatai (The Moral Power) for weeks.

Today Mr. Chaiwat Sintuwong said in a press conference that his group had been in conflicts with Dharmatippatai before, and the 2 factions always managed to solve their differences.

However, he said, Dharmatippatai greatly offended him by refusing to lend their hands in his group′s protest at the Defence Ministry and even "sabotaging" the group′s campaign. On that day, Mr. Chaiwait unsuccessfully attempted to ring the Ministry with his protesters to prevent Ms. Yingluck from entering the compound.

"I have asked for their help [Dharmatippatai] when we clashed with the police, but they did not come to our aid. They insisted on their peaceful rally at Sanam Luang," Mr. Chaiwat said, adding that his ally also contributed to lack of attention from the public toward their activities at Royal Field.

Mr. Chaiwait told reporters that the 2 groups had difficulty bridging their "ideologies".

He denied reports that his group is behind the White Masks movement - the weekly protests against Yingluck administration in Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand, in which the protesters sport Guy Fawkes Masks as their symbols.

Mr. Chaiwait also announced that his group would withdraw from the rally at Royal Field, but insisted that his group would continue to campaign against Ms. Yingluck′s government.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM016WXpNakk0TkE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-07-13

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Power and the need always to be boss ?

HE was deeply offended when the other group refused to get involved in a confrontation and insisted on their peaceful rally.

Thailand has a lot to look forward to as " leaders " at all levels just need a sniff of authority and their off.

All he needs is a whistle and he will be unstoppable.

• Like 2

Fascist - one who believes in a one party state that has one supreme leader leader. a tightly controlled economy that works closely with the corporate leadership and upholds the interests of private capital..........................................................................................

Perhaps they are closet PTP supporters !

• Like 2

Interesting photograph.

Where are all the people who scream about commie conspiracies and commies in the government?

Look closely at the photograph. Notice the headgear of one of the violent protestors? Hint - it is not worn by an elderly gentleman.

ay.jpg

Perhaps he thought PM-Abhisit & the Democrat-led coalition were still in power ? whistling.gif

HE was deeply offended when the other group refused to get involved in a confrontation and insisted on their peaceful rally.

Thailand has a lot to look forward to as " leaders " at all levels just need a sniff of authority and their off.

This simply underlines the "me, me, me" attitude of anyone who seeks to be a leader of anything here. It also reflects the need for external recognition as 'the one calling the shots'.

I recall seeing an owner of a small teaching school giving a farang a good 'dressing down' in the public area close to the school. There was no requirement for her to display this in public, but it obviously made her feel good. As one who has lectured in Human Resource Development, I don't care what anyone has done, any rebuke should be delivered behind closed doors.

However, such things can't be dealt with in such a way in Thailand, as there are far too many other wheeling and dealing matters going on behind closed doors, so all the space is already taken...!

One of the rules of command " praise in public, reprimand in private " unless you are trying to prove how important you are, or think you are, and if nothing else to yourself.

This sort of thing is exactly what any government wants, a divided opposition and it's not helping Thailand as there's so much to protest about.

The group leader who was quoted was into " I and " He " and may have deeply offended some of his own people as he made it sound as if it's all about him. He came over as someone who has all the makings of a little Hitler, quite appropriate these days.

• Like 1

As much as people here like to slam PTP, Yingluck, Thaksin, and the Red Shirts, you have to remember that there are some nasty ultra-nationalist and fascistic elements among the current opposition (Yellows, etc.). Would be curious to know more about the ideologies of these groups. A few years back, I 'moved on' from a relationship with a woman from Udon after she went on a vicious rant about Cambodia and the Preah Vihear issue. She was a self-professed 'Yellow Shirt", was university educated, had a good job, and was otherwise very sane and normal. But she said things like Thailand should take the territory by force and basically that all Cambodians should be wiped from the face of the planet (in her mind, the atrocities of the Khmer Rouge were proof that the whole nation did not deserve to exist). Well, I've had a Red Shirt gf for the past three years (not a conscious choice - just worked out that way), and when I took her to Cambodia she fell in love with the place and got along wonderfully with the Khmer. I know that two people don't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, but both are/were well-informed of their colour-coded politics and I don't think their personal views are completely independent of these affiliations. Flame away...

First flame>biggrin.png I do not slam the Pardon Taskin Party (PTP), nor Yingluck or even the redshirts as individual persons What I do like to slam is the lies and corruption of Thaskin and the PTP, the blind followers that define most of the redshirts. Your GF's with all do respect represent the propaganda that they chose to believe. Nothing more. "A belief does not mean it is true."

Interesting photograph.

Where are all the people who scream about commie conspiracies and commies in the government?

Look closely at the photograph. Notice the headgear of one of the violent protestors? Hint - it is not worn by an elderly gentleman.

ay.jpg

These guys change sides as often as Tharit, they were standing side by side with the Red shirts a few years ago.

Have not personally seen anybody complaining about commie conspiracies in the government, quite the opposite where Thailand (read Shiniwatra) PLC are concerned.

As much as people here like to slam PTP, Yingluck, Thaksin, and the Red Shirts, you have to remember that there are some nasty ultra-nationalist and fascistic elements among the current opposition (Yellows, etc.). Would be curious to know more about the ideologies of these groups. A few years back, I 'moved on' from a relationship with a woman from Udon after she went on a vicious rant about Cambodia and the Preah Vihear issue. She was a self-professed 'Yellow Shirt", was university educated, had a good job, and was otherwise very sane and normal. But she said things like Thailand should take the territory by force and basically that all Cambodians should be wiped from the face of the planet (in her mind, the atrocities of the Khmer Rouge were proof that the whole nation did not deserve to exist). Well, I've had a Red Shirt gf for the past three years (not a conscious choice - just worked out that way), and when I took her to Cambodia she fell in love with the place and got along wonderfully with the Khmer. I know that two people don't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, but both are/were well-informed of their colour-coded politics and I don't think their personal views are completely independent of these affiliations. Flame away...

So how does your red g/f feel about Cambodian politics? Warm and fuzzy knowing the strong man is in charge?

Does she express any thoughts about the hundreds of billions of baht "missing" in the rice scam, or about where that money has gone?

I once saw a red shirt protestor kick a puppy in the street, while on the same day saw a yellow shirt aiding an injured bird on the side of the road. I know that two people don't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, but both are/were well-informed of their colour-coded politics and I don't think their personal views are completely independent of these affiliations.

• Like 2

The above mentioned lady only said things about someone who "should be wiped from the face of the planet", Thaksin will go down in history as being directly responsible for actually doing it. Did this "self-professed 'Yellow Shirt" become a criminal on the run ? Or fund a terrorist group ?

"Look closely at the photograph. Notice the headgear of one of the violent protestors? Hint - it is not worn by an elderly gentleman."...................

Wow ! Talk about desperately clutching at straws. I suppose if one of the protesters was wearing a t-shirt adorned with a swastika then the entire group would be labeled Nazis. At least the only thing being worn that is red is a small star on a cap. And I cannot see any fires, that's gotta be a plus.

There have been numerous reports of former CPT members being involved with the anti government protestors as well as some with obvious links to the red shirts including their leadership. There were 52 former CPT members in full uniform at the previous Pitak Siam rally with a suggestion that they had something to do with Gen Surayud in the other paper - headline " Surayud claims no connection to pitak siam " on 4/11/12.

So how does your red g/f feel about Cambodian politics? Warm and fuzzy knowing the strong man is in charge?

Does she express any thoughts about the hundreds of billions of baht "missing" in the rice scam, or about where that money has gone?

She's never expressed an opinion about Cambodian politics, Hun Sen, etc. That's not the thing. She simply had the openness-of-mind to enjoy her visit to Cambodia and her interactions with Khmer people (I only know 'regular' people there, not any politicians). One thing I forgot to mention about my Yellow ex. Once we went to Phimai to see the Khmer ruins there. She denied that they were Khmer... said there is no proof of this and that the temples may have very well been built by Thai people. I've since come across other Thais who believe the same thing. Blind nationalism that does seem to be more strongly associated with the 'yellow' side.

As for corruption, my gf is of the view that all politicians are corrupt ... she said something like "all of them eat cake, but at least Thaksin also gave some cake to the poor". Can't recall her precise words. But she does feel that the lot of the working poor improved under Thaksin... at least that was her family's experience. Your mileage may differ... [Remember, for a lot of poor people outside of Bangkok, Thaksin was the first leader to actually recognise them and their needs ... whatever his real motives may have been].

• Like 2

The above mentioned lady only said things about someone who "should be wiped from the face of the planet", Thaksin will go down in history as being directly responsible for actually doing it. Did this "self-professed 'Yellow Shirt" become a criminal on the run ? Or fund a terrorist group ?

Huh? Not sure I understand. Thaksin wiped a whole people off the face of the planet? I missed the news that week, it seems.

She's never expressed an opinion about Cambodian politics, Hun Sen, etc. That's not the thing. She simply had the openness-of-mind to enjoy her visit to Cambodia and her interactions with Khmer people (I only know 'regular' people there, not any politicians). One thing I forgot to mention about my Yellow ex. Once we went to Phimai to see the Khmer ruins there. She denied that they were Khmer... said there is no proof of this and that the temples may have very well been built by Thai people. I've since come across other Thais who believe the same thing. Blind nationalism that does seem to be more strongly associated with the 'yellow' side.

As for corruption, my gf is of the view that all politicians are corrupt ... she said something like "all of them eat cake, but at least Thaksin also gave some cake to the poor". Can't recall her precise words. But she does feel that the lot of the working poor improved under Thaksin... at least that was her family's experience. Your mileage may differ... [Remember, for a lot of poor people outside of Bangkok, Thaksin was the first leader to actually recognise them and their needs ... whatever his real motives may have been].

That simply is why this man is a god in Thailand. Before him Dems promised the world and gave Jack Sh1t. Its not difficult

I once saw a red shirt protestor kick a puppy in the street, while on the same day saw a yellow shirt aiding an injured bird on the side of the road. I know that two people don't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, but both are/were well-informed of their colour-coded politics and I don't think their personal views are completely independent of these affiliations.

Lame try. My point--if you could pry open your mind--was that their beliefs were informed by their 'parties'' ideologies. To carry through to your fictitious example, you would have to assert that these people's treatment of these animals were linked to their broader ideologies. I..e, you missed the point

• Like 1

Fascist - one who believes in a one party state that has one supreme leader leader. a tightly controlled economy that works closely with the corporate leadership and upholds the interests of private capital..........................................................................................

Perhaps they are closet PTP supporters !

You've got that the wrong way round.

That simply is why this man is a god in Thailand. Before him Dems promised the world and gave Jack Sh1t. Its not difficult

In context... you have people like former leaders of the Philippines and Indonesia who were corrupt and who only enriched themselves and their wealthy friends in the country's elite. And then you may have other leaders who are also corrupt but who also do things for the disenfranchised. Given the uncomfortable choice between the two, I would choose the latter. Of course, I would far prefer a leader who is not corrupt, but that's not always part of the choice (unfortunately).

Perhaps I should have asked her education level. My g/f is also red orientated due to her far NE origins, but is at least intelligent enough to feel embarrassed and the monkey-like antics of PTP, Chalerm, etc.

She also clings to the view that Thaksin was some sort of benefactor, despite his smoke-and-mirrors, largely empty policies intended to buy votes with other people's money, and sees this as more important than his large-scale thefts. I suppose we were brought up with a different morality, but the strange thing is that when theft was personal, she reacts with over-the-top anger.

Maybe they both fail to recognise that taxpayer's funds belong to them.

• Like 2