Storing Luggage at Suvarnabhumi

It's on the departure level back wall near the lifts and the escalator to the observation deck. I would guess near P check in stands. I believe they charge 100 baht a day and you can always have your items shrink wrapped for extra security they are located near the entrances.

It's on the departure level back wall near the lifts and the escalator to the observation deck. I would guess near P check in stands. I believe they charge 100 baht a day and you can always have your items shrink wrapped for extra security they are located near the entrances.

This really surprises me. Since 911, all lockers have been removed from all US airports as you can not leave your luggage unattended. Surprised this was not worldwide. Interesting.

This really surprises me. Since 911, all lockers have been removed from all US airports as you can not leave your luggage unattended. Surprised this was not worldwide. Interesting.

Yes, I never thought about it before. It seems wide open to abuse. With all the airport security manpower in the world, what is to stop a terrorist just rolling up at Departure with a suitcase containing a bomb, Checking it in here quite legitimately and then leaving before it explodes?

1) There are two "left luggage" counters at Suvarnabhumi, one in the departures hall (as mentioned above) and one in the arrivals hall, near door 3 if I recall correctly.

2) Price is 50 THB per starting 12h per bag, minimum charge 100 THB.

3) All luggage is security scanned before accepted for storage, and some paperwork (including photocopying your passport) is needed.

4) Maybe it's the paranoid US airports that have removed luggage services, but most of the civilized world still have them.

With all the airport security manpower in the world, what is to stop a terrorist just rolling up at Departure with a suitcase containing a bomb, Checking it in here quite legitimately and then leaving before it explodes?

And upon exploding harms maybe a dozen other suitcases? I guess even terrorists have higher ambitions than that...

Edited by koo
  • Like 1

Yes, I never thought about it before. It seems wide open to abuse. With all the airport security manpower in the world, what is to stop a terrorist just rolling up at Departure with a suitcase containing a bomb, Checking it in here quite legitimately and then leaving before it explodes?

The left luggage facilities at Suvarnabhumi do not allow any electronics of any sort be left in any bags they accept for storage.

They scan all bags before accepting them.

I forgot that I had left an old mp3 player in a pouch in a rolling duffel I was leaving for the day. Having forgotten all about it, I was pretty adamant they were mistaken but they insisted that there was something electrical in there. I dug around and eventually found the gadget, removed it, offered profuse apologies whereupon they re-scanned it and accepted it.

They are 100% on the ball regarding this security issue.

Edited by NanLaew

• 1 month later...

Hong Kong airport stored luggage could care less about electronics. Technically it is forbidden, and they did scan but I speak from experience that I left my laptop for three nights. Ditto Singapore. Maybe airports with privately operated storage services go by market demand instrad of impractical state agendas. Funny, free market USA and Thailand are more controlling than communist nations and so-called dictatorship of Singapore.