Trapped, And Feeling Enslaved.....

theblether

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife, in Australia, has helped a number of such Thai girls over the years.

Apart from the willing help and advice received from Thai friends and the Thai Community, fortunately, Australia's rather generous support services and welfare system takes up a lot of the slack for them.

I recall one particular case, in the late 80's, where the girl was truly enslaved. In the days before the government and immigration tightened up the rules and when the Thais truly believed that to be white was to be rich, with no exceptions, a bloke who was just a blue collar, minimum wage, factory worker who lived in a van at a Caravan Park (Trailer/Trailer Park) would lock her in the van every day when he went to work. He would stop at the pub every night before returning 'home', drunk, and virtually rape her.

She eventually got away.

During the days of the Filippina Mail Order Bride era this sort of behaviour was rife. Returning them, dumping them, and trading them in for a later model, or even to the extent of murdering them, then going back and getting another.

Some years back, if I remember correctly, the Australian Government even brought in a '3 Strike Rule'. A Maximum of 2 Asian Brides, Per Man, Per Lifetime.

@cpofc, I know a guy that lamented the fact that he was abandoned by his Thai wife within a few weeks of her moving to Australia, as that meant he had only one more go at getting an Asian bride and he would need to wait five years before getting his second one.

She went on to say that there were some seriously bad women knocking about too, she finds it laughable that guys couldn't suss out that marrying a prostitute was a high risk strategy.

Most foreigners in Thailand (including you, methinks) has very little idea who is and who isn't (or wasn't) a prostitute.

(Not that it makes a great difference in the failure or success of a marriage IMHO)

• Like 1

She went on to say that there were some seriously bad women knocking about too, she finds it laughable that guys couldn't suss out that marrying a prostitute was a high risk strategy.

Most foreigners in Thailand (including you, methinks) has very little idea who is and who isn't (or wasn't) a prostitute.

(Not that it makes a great difference in the failure or success of a marriage IMHO)

You don't know me so keep you're idle speculation to yourself. So rather than playing the man ( as usual for you, statement of fact, see what I did there? ) why don't you bless us with your wisdom and outline exactly what in your opinion what constitutes a prostitute in Thailand.

When my Mother was in a home there was a divorced Thai lady worked in there as a care worker who stopped going back to her home because of the expectation of her family she would go back to Thailand but not to her homestead.

Sad

Since a few years thai massage parlors have been popping up like mushrooms in my country,every few weeks or months police would raid such parlors and find girls "enslaved" by said parlor owners,but mostly Thai woman where or are involved in these human trafficking rings because they have the contacts in the old country.

Some women are married to guys from my country and are doing this out of free will.

So it's not only farang "enslaving" these girls but Thais apparently have no problem doing this to there own kind.

Edited by Kudel

why don't you bless us with your wisdom and outline exactly what in your opinion what constitutes a prostitute in Thailand.

A person who provides sexual services in return for money or other financial considerations.

(You might wish to add, with a person whom they wouldn't normally consider as a sexual partner)

Do you disagree?

This is the definition of a prostitute anywhere in the world, I don't see why you would think the definition would be different in Thailand.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

why don't you bless us with your wisdom and outline exactly what in your opinion what constitutes a prostitute in Thailand.

A person who provides sexual services in return for money or other financial considerations.

(You might wish to add, with a person whom they wouldn't normally consider as a sexual partner)

Do you disagree?

This is the definition of a prostitute anywhere in the world, I don't see why you would think the definition would be different in Thailand.

Go back and look at your first post, have a wee think to yourself about what you wrote. See if you can spot any flaws in it........

This time explain to me like I'm a five year old how you have perfected the system for spotting said people, and while your at it, go get a statistical back up for your contention that it makes no difference to the divorce rate if you marry a prostitute or not.

Prove it.

The ugly reality of migration for those where it didn't work out.

Where the summer is fine, but the winter's a fridge

Wrapped up in old cardboard under Charing Cross Bridge

And they'll never go home now because of the shame

Of misfit's reflection in a shop window pane.

Got this as my ringtone,,, nice song thumbsup.gif

Edited by welsh1
  • Like 1

This has been happening for 20-30 years already and was fairly common in my home town in Oxfordshire.

A pretty small local population and at least 25 Thai/Uk marriages existed there.

You could usually tell which marriages were on the level by the age difference.

But, perhaps surprisingly, only 3 of those marriages were dodgy.

Of course, I have been away from there for about 2 years and maybe the balance has shifted.

I got into a spot of bother about 5 years ago when a youth asked my wife, in a local restaurant, for a blow job.

My reaction resulted in me being banned from that establishment rolleyes.gif

The amount of stick my son got from his school 'mates' about being the product of such a relationship was one of the reasons we left.

Now we live in the highlands of Scotland and he has been treated very well by comparison.

This is probably taking the thread OT - sorry OP

• Like 1

After being paid of course, anyway fair comment Mr Crab........the topic is feeling trapped and enslaved, AOA seems more interested in the singular line that refers to prostitutes. He'll be along soon with a United Nations study as to the effects of prostitution on Thai/Farang marriages.

I'm looking forward to it.

I would add that a defining trait of a prostitute might be: After having sex with you, there is only one thing on her mind -- her next customer.

I believe it is possible for a prostitute to only have one customer.

We note your exceptional knowledge of Thai prostitutes.

• Like 1

I would add that a defining trait of a prostitute might be: After having sex with you, there is only one thing on her mind -- her next customer.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

At a time, maybe.

From the screenplay for the movie Klute -- Jane Fonda won an Academy Award as best actress playing the call girl in question:

Detective #1 But she hadn't seen him since and couldn't identify his photograph and she --
Detective #2 Why not?
#1 Oh a good call girl, she'll turn six-seven hundred tricks a year. The faces get blurred.
Edited by JLCrab

She tells a little story that says a lot about a woman she knows that has never been taken out for a meal by her husband in the ten years that's she's lived in the UK, and has never been allowed to fly back to Thailand for a visit. She can't leave him as the guy is very cleverly making sure that the Thai family get paid every month, she feels enslaved.

So, now it's the Farangs that are sending money back to the Thai family in Thailand and not the Thai wives ?

Maybe if HE stopped sending so much money, they may be able to afford a night out occasionally or a holiday even.

She tells a little story that says a lot about a woman she knows that has never been taken out for a meal by her husband in the ten years that's she's lived in the UK, and has never been allowed to fly back to Thailand for a visit. She can't leave him as the guy is very cleverly making sure that the Thai family get paid every month, she feels enslaved.

So, now it's the Farangs that are sending money back to the Thai family in Thailand and not the Thai wives ?

Maybe if HE stopped sending so much money, they may be able to afford a night out occasionally or a holiday even.

Could be that, or could be that he's a control freak who's delighted to have his own live in slave. Who knows? The only three statements of fact are that he has never taken her out for a meal, has not allowed her to go on holiday to Thailand, and he sends the money.

Maybe he's wise enough to know that as soon as the money supply is switched off she'll run for the hills. Who knows, except him.

The only three statements of fact are that he has never taken her out for a meal, has not allowed her to go on holiday to Thailand, and he sends the money.

Not sure anything negative in the statements.

Never taken her out for a meal ....... I know many Thai girls that refuse point blank to eat foreign food.

Not allowed her to go home ...... hasn't given her the money? maybe he doesn't have that much (sent too much to family).

Sends money to her family ........ surely that's a good thing.

Could be that, or could be that he's a control freak who's delighted to have his own live in slave. Who knows? The only three statements of fact are that he has never taken her out for a meal, has not allowed her to go on holiday to Thailand, and he sends the money.

Maybe he's wise enough to know that as soon as the money supply is switched off she'll run for the hills. Who knows, except him.

It's not three statements of fact. It is her version of events.

Well after having read most of this, doing a few back-searches, and even putting in a few comments, my question is: Who the h-ll is Mercedes Girl and why should anything she says be given even the least amount of credibility?

Edited by JLCrab

theblether even though you and I disagree on some things Thailand related, on this matter you have nailed it ... thumbsup.gif

When you write ... "level of expectation against them by their Thai families is astronomical" ... some people have no real idea ... the pressure is enormous.

theblether even though you and I disagree on some things Thailand related, on this matter you have nailed it ... thumbsup.gif

When you write ... "level of expectation against them by their Thai families is astronomical" ... some people have no real idea ... the pressure is enormous.

That is why you have to be firm at first once you give in your lost. I have seen it happen many times to Thai girls int he West and now that I am in Thailand i see it again. There is a lot of pressure to gain face.

Often it is the only reason for a girl to go into a relation to help her family so then the pressure is even more.

I luckily never succumbed to the pressure so the demands stopped and now we are all getting along. If you start giving in it goes wrong, now i can give something without pressure and the need for it to go on.

The pressure to give to the family can destroy relations especially if the guy who brought the girl back is already struggling financially. Its not easy to pay for 2 especially when the Thai girl can't really contribute back home (usually lousy jobs ect)

• Like 1