New Colosseum show ....

sedge

Just a quick report that I attended one of the soft opening shows for this new attraction .... it is another Tiffany style show on a grand size. Having said that, and given we paid all of B300 AND I'm not a fan of lady boys, it was very entertaining and every dance number was new to me.

When fully open the show will last 75 minutes, but the one I attended was just one hour, and at times the stage looked very empty of scenery, but we were told a lot of stuff was still being built....

Be aware dual pricing is in operation (already) despite their facebook page advertising 'all seats all shows B300 for soft opening'. They tried to charge B600 for farang because ... wait for it .... 'tourists don't pay taxes in Thailand' !!!!

Thai rate does apply if you have a work permit (check) or Thai driving licence (check) otherwise we would not have bothered.

As I have said, entertaining enough for B300 - no idea what the final prices will be though!

Note: any reference to ' B300 all seats' had been removed from their facebook page by later that day .....

The reason "Thai do pay taxes and tourists don't" is utterly BS, unless the Colosseum was built by Pattaya City Hall using tax-money.

I suppose the Colosseum is privately owned and therefore the dual-pricing is a scam.

I wonder if the Colosseum pays the 7% VAT to the revenue department as it should be whistling.gif

The reason "Thai do pay taxes and tourists don't" is utterly BS, unless the Colosseum was built by Pattaya City Hall using tax-money.

I suppose the Colosseum is privately owned and therefore the dual-pricing is a scam.

I wonder if the Colosseum pays the 7% VAT to the revenue department as it should be whistling.gif

I doubt if the colosseum was built using tax payers money, however you can be quite sure that the roads, footpaths, streetlights and all the other infrastructure connected to it was, that is what the bulk of tax payers money is usually used for.

I doubt if the colosseum was built using tax payers money, however you can be quite sure that the roads, footpaths, streetlights and all the other infrastructure connected to it was, that is what the bulk of tax payers money is usually used for.

Yeah and I'm sure that tourist money doesn't go at all to the local infrastructure. whistling.gif

They can keep it.

But if the tourists want to pay that, whatever.

I think it's great that many Ladyboys can find legal and lucrative employment at such venues. There aren't that many legal work options for that stigmatized class of people in Thailand.

Ladyboy tourist show, stereotyped as it is, is one of the societal approved options.

Edited by Jingthing