Retirement Extension Due date

You may go in for the extension as early as one month BEFORE the expiration date of your current permission to stay.

You have NO GRACE PERIOD for a late application.

The expiration date of your current permission to stay is a real deadline.

You do not lose any days on your NEW permission to stay by going in early.

It is very advisable to go in early in case there are problems that can be resolved by having the extra time.

• Like 1

Sorry to clarify this but if I go on 22nd, will the "visa" start on its due day, the 30th?

As Jingthing has, I think, made it reasonably clear in his post, your extension of stay (to use the correct terminology) will, indeed, start on the 30th:-

"You do not lose any days on your NEW permission to stay by going in early."

For your information, I will shortly be setting off to my local immigration office for my next retirement extension, even though the existing one is not due to expire until 11th August. I am 100% confident that, as in the case of each of my 3 previous extensions of stay to date (which I have applied for at around the same point in time), it will be dated until 11th August 2014.

• Like 1

Sorry to clarify this but if I go on 22nd, will the "visa" start on its due day, the 30th?

As Jingthing has, I think, made it reasonably clear in his post, your extension of stay (to use the correct terminology) will, indeed, start on the 30th:-

"You do not lose any days on your NEW permission to stay by going in early."

For your information, I will shortly be setting off to my local immigration office for my next retirement extension, even though the existing one is not due to expire until 11th August. I am 100% confident that, as in the case of each of my 3 previous extensions of stay to date (which I have applied for at around the same point in time), it will be dated until 11th August 2014.

I agree Pauleddy...my latest one year extension commenced the date of the application and not the expiration of the prior permission to stay...

I agree Pauleddy...my latest one year extension commenced the date of the application and not the expiration of the prior permission to stay.

Would urge you to check your passport and dates as real extensions of stay start from end of current permitted to stay time for the last decade. As the posts you are agreeing with seem to confirm this believe you may have just termed it wrong?

Can now confirm that my stay in LOS on retirement grounds has been duly extended until 11th August 2014!

Edited by OJAS