First 1 Year Extension Non-Imm O (spouse) - Chaeng Wattana

Hi, I'm planning above extension and have got some info from the forum but would also like to confirm with anyone who has recently made their 1st extension at CW - I can never get through on the phone and don't live too close - many thanks!

• KR2 - did this have to be updated after only a year & as a recent marriaage is this now available online from any amphur, is there much documentation required to renew?
  • 400k 3 months - my original application was made using a savings account but for fixed deposits are the following true? (Bangkok Bank)
    • can only one account can be used to show the funds are available
    • if a fixed deposit is current, does this require immediate access available (incurring penalty)
    • if fixed deposit has lapsed can this be kept in 'same' account and remain admissable
    • can fixed deposit accounts be topped up to trigger a same day passbook update or can these be updated to show the admission date without a transaction?
  • 30 day notice period - is any time up until the visa expiration date ok?

I have not done marriage recently but can answer several areas.

1. Bank requirement is 2 months for Thai wife extensions (not three).

2. More than one account in your name only can be used from reports I have read.

3. Passbook type fixed deposit cash accounts - penalty would be loss of interest.

4. If by lapsed you mean reached its term there should not be any problem if amount remains in same account (other than your loss of higher interest).

5. Bangkok Bank can always update an account balance on passbook in my experience.

6. 30 day notice is not clear - you must apply during the last 30 days of current permitted stay for extension if that is the question - several weeks early is best in case extra documents were needed.

7. Not sure if KR2 is required but any marriage within about the last 20 years should be on computer so any office can download and print a current copy for you.

KR2 is required. Take the original and at least 2 copies. If no original then you will have to apply for another one before you submit your extn.

I also would apply a couple of weeks in advance, as it's your 1st, although I have done 4 extns now and usually only go 2 or 3 days before the current one expires.

• 3 weeks later...