Eighty Lao-bound canines seized in Nakhon Phanom.

Lite Beer

Eighty Lao-bound canines seized in Nakhon Phanom.
.By English News

13739571898159-640x390x2.jpg

SAKON NAKHON, July 16 - Eighty dogs bound for cross-border transport to Lao and beyond were seized in Thailand's northerneastern province of Nakhon Phanom today.

Pol Maj Anusorn Norkhambutr, inspector of highway police, led his team to intercept a pick-up truck, carrying 80 dogs Tuesday morning.

The driver, Witthaya Dalunphan, 47, and Sawaeng Dalunphan, 45, were detained for questioning.

They confessed buying dogs which were traded with plastic containers to locals.

The pair were charged with participation in dog trading, unlicensed animal transportation and animal abuse.

The seized dogs were sent to the Nakhon Phanom animal quarantine station. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-07-16

• Like 1

Christian dog-eaters.

This is a bit off the point but I've just come from Cambodia where I visited a rural family living not far from Angor Wat.

Since I last visited, the whole family (except for the oldest son), has been converted (brainwashed) to Christianity by a bunch of Korean missionaries. (Apparently very plentiful in Cambodia now)

When these obnoxious people come on their regular preaching visits they request dog for their evening meal- the result being that the father has slaughtered all three family pets to placate them. One of these dogs was the special pet of the oldest son and he refuses to convert.

The christian korean pet-eaters have encourage the father to ostracize the son unless he comes around the the korean christian way and the FATHER HAS DONE JUST THAT. The son is now living in a small room in Siem Reap.

I'm not joking!

• Like 2

Christian dog-eaters.

This is a bit off the point but I've just come from Cambodia where I visited a rural family living not far from Angor Wat.

Since I last visited, the whole family (except for the oldest son), has been converted (brainwashed) to Christianity by a bunch of Korean missionaries. (Apparently very plentiful in Cambodia now)

When these obnoxious people come on their regular preaching visits they request dog for their evening meal- the result being that the father has slaughtered all three family pets to placate them. One of these dogs was the special pet of the oldest son and he refuses to convert.

The christian korean pet-eaters have encourage the father to ostracize the son unless he comes around the the korean christian way and the FATHER HAS DONE JUST THAT. The son is now living in a small room in Siem Reap.

I'm not joking!

<deleted>?

The whole thing is absolutely damnable. . . . good things start in small doses. Good praise for these guys doing something

for us. Its all very well to be cynical about conditions in the quarantine station. Then go there, check it out and see what they're

really like. Take a photo. Publish it. Put pressure on someone.

There are too many arm chair critics who sit and complain. and keep sitting . . . and keep complaining . . .and keep sitting.

Do you think someone is going to listen to you complaining?

Is this complaint motivating?

I doubt it.

• Like 1

As long as there are poor people who want/need to make money and as long as there is a market, there will be distasteful/illegal business practices. These dogs, according to the article, are not people's pets and are not wanted. They are not being stolen. They were destined to supply poor people in Laos with a cheap source of animal protein. Now, though they are 'out of the frying pan', they will now be put in the fire (Nakhon Phanom animal quarantine station) where they will died from malnutrition, poor care, and disease because there is no budget to care for them. No one will adopt them. Only the poorest of the poor would eat a dog from unknown sources. I don't believe these people look at dogs the way Westerners do and their motives are not evil but to make a living. Try not to judge them too harshly. In some cultures, dogs are pets, in others, dogs are beasts of burden, and in others, food. I don't eat dog and wish others didn't either but there it is and there's nothing to be done about it. huMAN natURE.

• Like 1

Thai lack of responsibility and accountability leads to this entire dog problem. Loose dogs in Thailand running rampant is a problem that starts with Thai complacency and decency. Stop free breeding of loose dogs. If you own a dog fine - take care of the dog. If you let a dog go loose, this is the result. The newspaper should zero in on the true problem.

• Like 1

A simple punishment for those caught transporting the dogs would be to lock them in the cages and drive around for 10 hours in the heatwith no water. Do the same for a week, if they live so long.

Some may think my idea barbarick, I have no problem with those who want to eat their dog, just leave mine alone.

Its the a##holes who try to make some easy money stealing dogs that get up my nose.

We lost 2 young dogs to a low life that cut the wire on the gate to get to them.

Next time they can play with me

Christian dog-eaters.

I'm not joking!

Christians and Muslims share the same stupidity gene. Not that Buddhists are that much smarter, but at least the Buddhists don't try to convert anyone and/or get upset if you don't believe the same as they do. If god does exist, Christians and Muslims are the last two groups that would ever get into heaven.

clap2.gif Well done Thai police - today you can hold your heads high for a task well done. clap2.gif

Bull do do, so letting the dogs live a miserable short life on the street is better than a quick clean death?! And it wouldn't be so bad if they at least spayed and neutered the animals so the problem wouldn't perpetuate.

A simple punishment for those caught transporting the dogs would be to lock them in the cages and drive around for 10 hours in the heatwith no water. Do the same for a week, if they live so long.

Some may think my idea barbarick, I have no problem with those who want to eat their dog, just leave mine alone.

Its the a##holes who try to make some easy money stealing dogs that get up my nose.

We lost 2 young dogs to a low life that cut the wire on the gate to get to them.

Next time they can play with me

A simple punishment would be to lock all of the idiots that believe the dogs should be allowed to breed rampantly and be left to run wild on the streets of Thailand, in cages.

I doubt that the final destination was Laos. AFAIK eating dog meat isn't customary there beyond maybe some localised places. However, a quick transit through Laos and they would be in northern Vietnam where it's very common. I worked south of Haiphong and saw lot's of 'mystery meat' in restaurants and dogs in travel cages strapped on the back of motorcycles. However, I was told that in Thai Binh, it's Garfield that needs to be more watchful than Odie.

The biggest problem is the punishment for traders is minimal and dogs sent to Nakhon Phanom animal quarantine station are hardly looked after and many die in horrible conditions because those stations are under staffed and under funded

Perhaps one way to stop the trade and do good, would be to impound the vehicle, sell it off and use this money to look after the animals.

I am sure many traders will think twice before doing the run.

clap2.gif Well done Thai police - today you can hold your heads high for a task well done. clap2.gif

Bull do do, so letting the dogs live a miserable short life on the street is better than a quick clean death?!

And it wouldn't be so bad if they at least spayed and neutered the animals so the problem wouldn't perpetuate.

This video is from China, but the process of strangling and skinning dogs BEFORE they die is repeated in other countries where dog is seen as a source of meat as part of the folklore that the taste and 'energy' from the meat comes from pain before death.

The animal shelters do neuter the animals in their care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg0SMX5-H_k

Dogs are different from cows, chickens etc. Dogs are domesticated companion pets, they have a understanding and relationship with humans than other animals do not have. Even a dog I have never met before will react and interact with me on meeting.

I like the idea of taking the vehicles from these people, but if I were in charge despot style their payment for these crimes would go way beyond that.

Bull do do, so letting the dogs live a miserable short life on the street is better than a quick clean death?!

And it wouldn't be so bad if they at least spayed and neutered the animals so the problem wouldn't perpetuate.

This video is from China, but the process of strangling and skinning dogs BEFORE they die is repeated in other countries where dog is seen as a source of meat as part of the folklore that the taste and 'energy' from the meat comes from pain before death.

The animal shelters do neuter the animals in their care.

Dogs are different from cows, chickens etc. Dogs are domesticated companion pets, they have a understanding and relationship with humans than other animals do not have. Even a dog I have never met before will react and interact with me on meeting.

I like the idea of taking the vehicles from these people, but if I were in charge despot style their payment for these crimes would go way beyond that.

Thank you for the additional information. I never would have thought anyone would kill them in that way. In that case all of them, the people selling the dogs and the butchers, should be skinned alive.

Do you know if animal shelters in Thailand neuter / spay the animals? I know there is a farang in Phuket that runs a shelter and he and his wife actively capture dogs to sterilize them but the practice doesn't seem to cover much of the country. Within 1 km of my place there are at least 500 dogs and in the year that we have lived here the dog population has increased not decreased.

Fair point re the killing method but the dogs are a food source and that's it. Pigs are also capable of interacting with humans in the same way, and I've even see cows show recognition and affection for farmers.

Anyone with knowledge of beef farming will verify that the day the float ( as we call it in Scotland ) or cattle truck shows up to remove some of the herd to the market is a painful day. The collective memory of the herd knows that those leaving are never coming back, and the bellows and lows of grief are tangible.

Doesn't stop me eating beef though smile.png

So spare me your bleeding hearts, humans need to eat, and if the Chinese etc want to eat dog then up to them. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

As long as there are poor people who want/need to make money and as long as there is a market, there will be distasteful/illegal business practices. These dogs, according to the article, are not people's pets and are not wanted. They are not being stolen. They were destined to supply poor people in Laos with a cheap source of animal protein. Now, though they are 'out of the frying pan', they will now be put in the fire (Nakhon Phanom animal quarantine station) where they will died from malnutrition, poor care, and disease because there is no budget to care for them. No one will adopt them. Only the poorest of the poor would eat a dog from unknown sources. I don't believe these people look at dogs the way Westerners do and their motives are not evil but to make a living. Try not to judge them too harshly. In some cultures, dogs are pets, in others, dogs are beasts of burden, and in others, food. I don't eat dog and wish others didn't either but there it is and there's nothing to be done about it. huMAN natURE.

Of course this is true, however, things change as societies grow more educated and better informed and . . . . have more food.

Apparently dog is very warming in cooler weather. Eaten that is.

My little fella's sitting here looking all forlorn because i haven't taken him out tonight.

He warms me up by crawling in the bed at night and doing a hot water bottle act.

The aboriginals have a term. Its a two dog or a three dog night. Depending on how cold it is.

My best friend in the world for dinner?

Unlikely.

Fair point re the killing method but the dogs are a food source and that's it. Pigs are also capable of interacting with humans in the same way, and I've even see cows show recognition and affection for farmers.

Anyone with knowledge of beef farming will verify that the day the float ( as we call it in Scotland ) or cattle truck shows up to remove some of the herd to the market is a painful day. The collective memory of the herd knows that those leaving are never coming back, and the bellows and lows of grief are tangible.

Doesn't stop me eating beef though smile.png

So spare me your bleeding hearts, humans need to eat, and if the Chinese etc want to eat dog then up to them. coffee1.gif

Here's someone who'd probably eat his mother or his best mate if he's hungry enough. Could never deprive him of his pleasures obviously

Christian dog-eaters.

I'm not joking!

blink.png