Whiskey bottle fight at Thai karaoke bar leaves 1 dead

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand appears to have its sights set on becoming the new Wild West, demonstrating once again just how cheap life is regarded here, and, as noted in an earlier post, is adding daily content to the 'Thainess' that its overseas students are being asked to spread around the world.

Seriously though, this sort of self-destructive behaviour has been exhibited in many other countries in the past, and history shows that when the authorities (the police..!?) fail to deal with such decline appropriately, it can bring a country to its knees.

Foreign investment in Thailand will continue as long as such investors feel that it is a safe place for their employees (and their money) to be; if they feel that the country looks like becoming another Philippines, then its importance as a business "hub" will simply fade away and investors will look for an alternative.

Perhaps this is just the opportunity that Myanmar (Burma) needs.

You think Burma is safe

Are Thainess at its best rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Ah, stereotyping judgemental bitter farangness at its best.

It's satire..........get a life.

Sarcasm is not a form of communication here. Most people believe what you are saying is the truth. How do you think the politician get away with it.

ok, simple solution - BAN whisky selling in glass bottle, all alcohol have to pack in plastic bag.

And Thai man only allowed to carry plastic water pistol...........very simple !

Edited by oldsailor35

Ah, stereotyping judgemental bitter farangness at its best.

It's satire..........get a life.

Sarcasm is not a form of communication here. Most people believe what you are saying is the truth. How do you think the politician get away with it.

"Sarcasm is not a form of communication"

Really, well I never.

"Ms. Sunaree Tansomboon, a waiting staff at the restaurant, told the police that the suspect is a dark and skinny man and should approximately 178 cm tall."

Thank god there was a witness, that should narrow the search down considerably.

The only thing the witness left out was "dark hair" blink.png

And Cambodian

This eyewitness must be related to Ms. Swan. "I see everything... He look like a man."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBIDq3Pq_YM

I am surprised under the strength of the current evidence available that there has been no statement from Chalerm from 200 miles away, saying that the motive for the murder is clearly related to an argument involving adultery and that at least 100 000 baht was involved in the blackmail of the man who struck with the whiskey bottle and that the man who was shot in the cheek was clearly a drug mule for the deceased. Furthermore it is likely the dead mans parents are involved in a dog smuggling business. Yours sincerely Chalermlock Holmes.

How about Australia Jim, we are not allowed guns, rifles or pistols and we have all these dangerous animals like kangaroos, koalas, snakes, killer magpies etc, it`s now wonder a lot of us want to move to TH where it is safer.giggle.gif

In Australia, civilians are not allowed to possess automatic and semi-automatic firearms, self-loading and pump action shotguns, handguns with a calibre in excess of .38in with only narrow exemptions, semi-automatic handguns with a barrel length less than 120mm, and revolvers with a barrel length less than 100mm. Gun owner’s licence in Australia are required to prove genuine reason to possess a firearm, for example, hunting, target shooting, collection, pest control, and narrow occupational uses. Personal protection is not a genuine reason..

In Thailand, private possession of handguns (pistols and revolvers) is permitted under licence, civilians are not allowed to possess automatic and semi-automatic rifles. Gun owner’s licence in Thailand are required to prove genuine reason to possess a firearm, for example, hunting, sports shooting, collection, self-defence..

Edited by Sayonarax

Quite right. I believe the last recorded instance of a white man getting pissed and lairy in a public space was some time in early February 1932.

the victim walked around a lot, shirtless and drunk. Yep very Thai. RIP drunk shirtless Thai guy.

It's common to see Thais drunk as it's common to see Westerners drunk, it is uncommon to see Thais shirtless, it is very common to see Westerners shirtless. So people should stop being anti Thai where this report is concerned.

• Like 1

I have never brought a gun to a bar before, so if someone hits me in the head with a bottle I would just have to beat him to death with my fists. A bit more work but. coffee1.gif

If a person hits you on the head with a bottle, he deserves to die, whether by shooting, stabbing etc, unless it is in self defense. In self defence, you use anything if attacked with no provocation.

• Like 1

OK, just a few things to point out..The world we all share today is not the same as it was 30-40+ years ago. Whether you are going out to sing or buy diapers or check into a 5 star hotel you are not exempt from becoming a victim to crime.

Now by western laws this would have been a clear case of self-defense if an alcohol serving establishment was not in the scenario. In the west you are not legally permitted to carry your firearm in a place that serves alcohol, government building, bank etc. Having said that lets apply the well known TIT to justify anything that happens with nological cause, reason, explanation. (TIT = This is Thailand)

Lets face it, people get stupid and rowdy when they drink alcohol. As I'm sure e wasn't much appealing without a shirt on.

Next point. The suspect had commented earlier that his friends should watch him more closely. Hmmm would he have voiced his opinion if he was not carrying a gun, feeling like he was some authority or mother hen or was he setting the stage to invite an altercation.

Next point. Then ,instead of the victims friends taking the commentary, being apologetic and looking after their drunken friend apparently the friends relayed the remark to the drunken friend only fueling the fire of a drunken victim. This gave him his mark and target and the alcohol gave him the boldness to smash a bottle over the suspects head only to be met with sudden death with a bullet to the head.

Next point. The bar being in the business that they are should have seen the tell-tale signs of a drunk, taking his shirt off, parading around the bar and disturbing other patrons.

Unfortunate and senseless. The victim was failed by himself, his friends and the bar.

Remove the gun from the same scenario now...The victim could have been beaten by 3 guys beyond recognition to the very inch of his life but not killed. Does anything change now? Not much really. The bar didnt step in nor did his friends, instead they fueled the fire. If his friends didnt say "Hey that skinny dark guy over there at the table said you should cool it down and take it easy" then the victim wouldn't have specifically known who complained.

5 friends go out to drink and sing..this isn't the first time I'm sure. So they should have already known how the victim gets/acts/behaves when he has had 1 too many.

Gun or no gun, all the rules of common sense were broken.

Any educated farang KNOWS that you don't drink with or even near Thai males. It was never meant to be. Their egos are far too easily damaged.

And would an 'educated' farang go as far to take this stereotype to, say, Thai professors at a uni? Thai social workers? Thai legals? Of does this stereotype to the 'educated' farang have a limit, you know, for the ''educated' among us?

Thailand appears to have its sights set on becoming the new Wild West, demonstrating once again just how cheap life is regarded here, and, as noted in an earlier post, is adding daily content to the 'Thainess' that its overseas students are being asked to spread around the world.

I assume you aren't an Gump then.

Someone's singing must have been very bad.

Carrying guns when going out for a drink, real wild west east.

Was drinking outside a minimart with some pals Saturday night.

Thai lawyer and another Thai guy (whom I didn't know) who was wearing a 'Glock' t-shirt.

What do you do for a living? I asked, police he replied.

Where is your glock? I asked, he patted his bag on the seat next to him.

Yep, loads of Thai guys carrying when out for a drink with their pals.