thialand's views on sex and sexuality diff than in the west

infinity11

Puritan in the US?

Some of the easiest girls in the world.

In the west you meet and date a girl and after a while might get to have sex.

In Thailand you meet a girl and have sex then if it was worthwhile you date her.

Neither is even close to Puritans

Never mind the difference between Thailand and the west. How about the difference between Rural-Thailand and Tourist-Hub-Thailand

- Rural-Thailand: Conservative, up to the point of "ridiculous".

- Tourist-Hub-Thailand: Liberal, up to the point of "ridiculous".

Cheers.

The 99% of the "ridiculous" ones in the tourist areas come from rural areas, most of the time pressured form family for good old cash. How is the cultural of sending your daughter to go be a whore in a tourist area conservative?

I think there are both in each area and that in my opinion, away from the the tourist rip offs, that central Thailand is more conservative than Essan with the exception of the whore tourist areas.

in my opinion, away from the the tourist rip offs, that central Thailand is more conservative than Essan with the exception of the whore tourist areas.

Interesting research method: using the regional origins of the sex workers you exploit to create an index of social conservatism. Hmm. Have you published yet?

Edited by Zooheekock
  • Like 1

when I lived in America being Australian all I had to do was say G"DAY to a woman and she wanted to know me more ...puritand ....mmmm maybe not

As i was saying.

BTW i am pretty sure the USA has a puritan history, no need to research this.

when I lived in America being Australian all I had to do was say G"DAY to a woman and she wanted to know me more ...puritand ....mmmm maybe not

Your an Aussie, that explains everything.

In Australia we hang out the window of the ute at the lights and say 'g'day, wanna do it?'. Sometimes it works but more often than not you just end up street racing with a shiela who thinks hers is bigger than yours.
  • Like 1

Puritan in the US?

Some of the easiest girls in the world.

Perhaps if you speak with an British accent.

Americans are starved for culture.

My Scottish brogue was a great leg opener when I was in the US.

Trumped many a local lad in the bar no matter how good he could lick his own eyebrows.

Thailand on the whole is much more liberal than it was, there's no denying that.

But is has absolutely nothing to do with direct farang influences; sorry, we are just too insignificant.

• Like 1

OK i am going to go out on a limb since few picked up the ball.

Example: in the states you date or shag (am i allowed to say that here?) a gal and the chance of it being good, of there being some kind of decent chemistry is perhaps 50/50. It might be good it might not. In Thailand i put that at about 90% chance of a good/decent time.

There are other examples of how sexuality is different but perhaps this is not the best place to discuss?

Never mind the difference between Thailand and the west. How about the difference between Rural-Thailand and Tourist-Hub-Thailand

- Rural-Thailand: Conservative, up to the point of "ridiculous".

- Tourist-Hub-Thailand: Liberal, up to the point of "ridiculous".

Cheers.

Overall then, Thailand just ridiculous?

Its all a case of need ! When there is no work or income, then the money to provide food and the basics has to be found elsewhere. Sex is the answer as there are many men with money but no sex. Sell the sex and get the money and so the food and basics can be bought. Simple.

Unfortunately for Thailand there are many places , Isaan for example, where there are no jobs.

Many years ago right after the war when i was a young kid, i remember my dad , who had just come back from Germany, telling my uncle, that it was easy to get a woman for the night with a couple bars of soap, food or cigs, which could be sold on the black market. At the time i did not know what he was talking about, but now i do.

This just shows that when times become desperate women will sell themselves to feed their kids and survive. Even in Germany. So do not put the women of Thailand, who might be supporting whole families, down. whistling.gif

Its all a case of need ! When there is no work or income, then the money to provide food and the basics has to be found elsewhere. Sex is the answer as there are many men with money but no sex. Sell the sex and get the money and so the food and basics can be bought. Simple.

Unfortunately for Thailand there are many places , Isaan for example, where there are no jobs.

Many years ago right after the war when i was a young kid, i remember my dad , who had just come back from Germany, telling my uncle, that it was easy to get a woman for the night with a couple bars of soap, food or cigs, which could be sold on the black market. At the time i did not know what he was talking about, but now i do.

This just shows that when times become desperate women will sell themselves to feed their kids and survive. Even in Germany. So do not put the women of Thailand, who might be supporting whole families, down. whistling.gif

Nonsense, they dont have to work as prostitutes, and many dont support their families, only their thai boyfriends. Please "Wise up"

In the west you meet and date a girl and after a while might get to have sex.

In Thailand you meet a girl and have sex then if it was worthwhile you date her.

That might have been the case in the West around 40 years ago but certainly not now. One night stands are considered normal in most Western countries and happen much more frequently than they do in Thailand.

Though if your only experience with Thai women is bar girls then you probably wouldn't know that.

If you spoke Thai, you would understand more.

Oh really?, I speak Thai either but me and non of my friends has had one night stand or nobody I know agree to have it. We normally date guy and have intimate relationship when our parents feel comfortable with it.

I am in Chiang Mai, the same city you claim you live in. So, I am curious what kind of woman you meet?. If they are farang hunters, I don't expect any conservative culture.

• Like 2

OK i am going to go out on a limb since few picked up the ball.

Example: in the states you date or shag (am i allowed to say that here?) a gal and the chance of it being good, of there being some kind of decent chemistry is perhaps 50/50. It might be good it might not. In Thailand i put that at about 90% chance of a good/decent time.

There are other examples of how sexuality is different but perhaps this is not the best place to discuss?

I'm having a hard time replying to this without being a bit unkind...

There's a lot of things wrong with your reasoning but I will limit myself to saying that I can't help but wonder where and how you meet the Thai women you date or shag...perhaps it has something to do with you extraordinary ratio.