Thai product name: Arse Face Cream

bluesofa

Yes, I know it is funny, but has anyone seen this product before?

My g/f came home with a pack of it today and couldn't understand why I fell about laughing.

I've attached two photos of the product, which comes from a company in BKK.

Interesting about the font they have used, or rather just the letter "r" as I'm guessing it is a customised letter "r" and not some sort of fancy letter "c" - which wouldn't make sense anyway - well no more than calling a face cream Arse...

post-4903-0-68077100-1374152570_thumb.jp

post-4903-0-71015300-1374152584_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Yes, it looks funny but that r is a t.

Google it and you will see xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>

spoilsport that I am xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.png alt=laugh.png width=20 height=20>

Hi spoilsport!

I'm open to suggestions, but I can't see that the "r" is a "t"?

Can you tell me what did you google to discover that?

I've just used google th, (rather than google com which I usually do) and google thailand found as the second result a facebook page for "ครีม Arse" (Arse Cream) and the word Arse has been spelled by the Facebook page owner, along with similar photos that I posted.

If anyone is really sad, according to the box this is the company who make/market the product:

บริษัท สกินคอสเมติกส์ จำกัด 21/5 ถ.เทพารักษ์ ศรีนครินทร์‎ กทม.

P.S. The description on the facebook page: "ชุดผลิตภัณฑ์บำรุงหน้า สารสกัดจากจมูกข้าวกล้อง พร้อม สบู่โบทอกซ์คลอโรฟิลล์" seems to translate as "Facial products. Germ Extract rice and soap Botox chlorophyll"

So, still not much the wiser at present.

Found a contact number, will call tomorrow,

Edited by bluesofa

According to the blurb on the Arse cream Facebook page, the active ingredient in the cream is distilled from the Monkey Jack tree, Latin name Artocarpus lakoocha Roxb.
Wonder if the name of the cream comes from this Latin name? Unfortunately though, it seems the person who named the cream didn't take the time to check the meaning in a dictionary.
They also go on to say the cream contains glutathione and is used as a skin whitening cream.
https://th-th.facebook.com/KhrimArse

Strange how brand names mean different things to different countries,some people who have been on holiday to Turkey,may recognise the TV Brand in Turkish Electrical shops as: "Arslik"

So I wouldn't think the word "Arse" means a lot to a Thai person.

Edited by MAJIC

Ok, here's the ARSE update:

This morning, my g/f spoke to the person promoting the phone number on the Facebook page.

The (Thai) woman was unaware of any meaning of the word - apart from the name for the cream, and is acting as an unoffical agent. She said she had no contact phone number for the company - she just bought the cream and is promoting it for herself.

So, have we got to the bottom of it - is this maybe the tail end?