People and their Pickups in Thailand (images)

Ron19

Kicking myself,have been sweating on this on this one for over 3 months then blew it by having the zoom set too close. crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkU.png

Maybe dont zoom on moving objects far away then, mate.thumbsup.gif

Nissan close up, no zoom.

14398977404_4518ebc48b_b.jpg
Edited by Dancealot

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kicking myself,have been sweating on this on this one for over 3 months then blew it by having the zoom set too close. crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkU.png

Maybe dont zoom on moving objects far away then, mate.thumbsup.gif

Nissan close up, no zoom.

The reason I do it is for motorbikes and when it is set for further away and depending on what speed they are travelling at,when the shot is zoomed in during post editing quite often they will be blurred.If I zoom in close this is what happens with pickups if I am not quick enough to pick them up further away as what happened here.A lot of the time,my ears are tuned into whether it is a motorbike or pickup approaching before they come into site allowing me to flick the manual zoom over but even that is not fail safe if I am not concentrating.Another option is to go over to the other side of the road in the afternoon but that doesn't always suit my situation.

Edited by Ron19

The reason I do it is for motorbikes and when it is set for further away and depending on what speed they are travelling at,when the shot is zoomed in during post editing quite often they will be blurred.If I zoom in close this is what happens with pickups if I am not quick enough to pick them up further away as what happened here.A lot of the time,my ears are tuned into whether it is a motorbike or pickup approaching before they come into site allowing me to flick the manual zoom over but even that is not fail safe if I am not concentrating.Another option is to go over to the other side of the road in the afternoon but that doesn't always suit my situation.

I understand. I takes a lot of effort and energy, indeed to get out there. Especially in the mid-day sun.

This picture of yours is very good and stands out so I got this one for you, Ron. This is very difficult to frame, indeed. Beautiful.thumbsup.gif

You can't see it here but the load extends by around 3 metres from the pickup front and back. facepalm.gif

DSC04328.JPG

That 3 meter extension is no exaggeration.

14382966456_f60385d4f7_c.jpg

My excuse for the bad crops is that I was only with my 50mm lens, my short zoom is in for repairs.

Bangkok001_zps0da80f04.jpg

Ugly rims on this one:

Bangkok002_zpsd205e443.jpg

Bangkok003_zps3a44f5d4.jpg

Bangkok004_zps55314dee.jpg

Bangkok005_zps14ed7fa6.jpg

Bangkok005_zps14ed7fa6.jpg

Could have put this one in the "Mountain Dew Challenge" thread. This pick-up had a hatch in front so a ladder could be carried. Oh, and a monkey on the back.

Bangkok007_zps261a8bac.jpg

DSC04479.JPG

Shutter speed just a little to slow and I would have cropped the picture more. Just saying.....

I am still learning the ins and outs of my camera and would have normally used the "S" setting for this shot but because it was so dull at 8am this morning, the images were coming out dark so I used the "A" setting and this was the end result.I tried cropping but it was worse then I went back to the original shot.In hindsight it shouldn't have been posted.

DSC04479.JPG

Shutter speed just a little to slow and I would have cropped the picture more. Just saying.....

I am still learning the ins and outs of my camera and would have normally used the "S" setting for this shot but because it was so dull at 8am this morning, the images were coming out dark so I used the "A" setting and this was the end result.I tried cropping but it was worse then I went back to the original shot.In hindsight it shouldn't have been posted.

I disagree, post things like that. I almost always am on AV (aperture setting) and adjust ISO and aperture as needed. Today's cameras are so good at handling noise that even at high ISO the shots will still be usable. I rather have a little noise tha blur.

DSC04479.JPG

I disagree, post things like that. I almost always am on AV (aperture setting) and adjust ISO and aperture as needed. Today's cameras are so good at handling noise that even at high ISO the shots will still be usable. I rather have a little noise tha blur.

This is the shot I was aiming for yesterday and being lucky to get another shot at it albeit in another vehicle.

Took your comments in hand and being better prepared,finished with a much better image.

DSC04560.JPG

This isn't one I've taken but still it is showing one of the uses that a pickup has been used for and I have to say that I find this trade abhorrent.

Dog+Catcher.jpg

And I hope you got the number plate and reported them to the police,if not why not ?

This isn't one I've taken but still it is showing one of the uses that a pickup has been used for and I have to say that I find this trade abhorrent.

Dog+Catcher.jpg

And I hope you got the number plate and reported them to the police,if not why not ?

As I stated,this isn't a photo that I have taken but I certainly hope that the person who took it reported it to the police.

A BIG Pick-UP whistling.gif

biggrin.png

Nice one, DD.thumbsup.gif I believe this is from the Chalermpat company:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690041-bus-and-truck-pictures/page-1

Sorry "Dancealot" don't know where the bus came from.

Just caught it on the carcam and was wondering how the driver could see out biggrin.png

Probably should have gone in the bus thread but my loyalty is with the pick ups clap2.gif

biggrin.png

Just caught it on the carcam and was wondering how the driver could see out biggrin.png

Probably should have gone in the bus thread but my loyalty is with the pick ups clap2.gif

biggrin.png

thumbsup.gif Extraordinary bus/pick-up design. The driver would probably be an average Joe looking very dulllaugh.png