Where to get a cheesecake

CiaranO

Yes, either Sara Lee or bake your own. They are very easy to make. Some recipes do not even require baking and are still better than anything you'll get in a restaurant here.

Thai-made cheesecakes are a travesty.

We tried to cook one at home. It was ok for a first try but we didn't persist that way. The total cost of the cake was ridiculously high compared to a normal cake that can be done with just flour, eggs and some fruits or nuts. Just the imported cheese cream that we found at villa market was more than 300 thb. Can you use only Thai made ingredients for a cheese cake?

Yes you can, local cream cheese is available - maybe shcmidt & or deli.

It is even possible with cottage cheese & a little work!

The locally made cream cheese is not the same as Philly CC. Quite a dramatic taste difference.

Never had a European style cc. Only know USA style and they always use Philly CC. Never heard of cottage cheese in it, either.

When needs must!

Yes, either Sara Lee or bake your own. They are very easy to make. Some recipes do not even require baking and are still better than anything you'll get in a restaurant here.

Thai-made cheesecakes are a travesty.

Yep..very easy to make, and like most home made food..tastes a lot better.

i tried unbaked ones for a while but the texture was not what i like so now only make baked ones, but always bake in water container..much nicer all round IMO ...they don't crack when baking and are more consistent texture right through the cake

Philli cheese of course and a base of crumbed up oatmeal cookies does it for me with a coffee1.gif ...

• Like 1

I've had the cherry cheesecake at Flints One and I thought it was very good.......before my diabetic days.

Taste and colours...I've also read on TV the bread was good there, much to my surprise.

Agree with you about the bread, but their cakes really are reasonably good.

Bought 2 cake pieces from Delish yesterday, one was good, so looking forward to the white chocolate-blueberry cheesecake I also bought.

Tried the white chocolate/berry one from Delish yesterday, and it was really good.

While there also picked up some bacon, excellent.

Did you get the trademark hair in your food?

3 times out of 4 I've gotten the hair in my food but thought it was their trademark it was that frequent.

Tried the white chocolate/berry one from Delish yesterday, and it was really good.

3 times out of 4 I've gotten the hair in my food but thought it was their trademark it was that frequent.

No, not yet, maybe if I become a regular there :)

No, not yet, maybe if I become a regular there smile.png

Do they charge extra??

No, not yet, maybe if I become a regular there smile.png

Do they charge extra??

Only for the short and curly ones........

Shame ,I thought I had made a pretty decent NY Cheesecake at our Deli ,that we closed just recently.

I had made it with a combo of our homemade ricotta & Philadelphia Brand cream Cheese , but NY'ers never put fruit on top in my younger days! or in my older years either!

Oops, forgot to mention The Sand Inn on soi san sabai in Patong has a good cheese cake by the slice from choice foods in Bkk,

the Deli Supermarket may be able to order you a whole cake also Patong....by the slice is expensive but it was a good tasting cake, so ask Khun Damrong to order you one, if he still buys from them? I know he use too.

If anyone's interested, PM me. I know an American couple in Phuket (actually in Rawai). She makes a great NY Cheesecake. Same as what I tasted in the US/Canada. I do have her phone no. I am with Sheryl on this. Can't beat the NYCK!. I like Cherry pie filling on mine. So I buy a can ...available at Makro, Prompan etc.

• 10 years later...

Anyone have any current info on where I can buy cheese cake locally in Pattaya,  Not online.   I found some at 'The Chill' on the darkside but it's not as I remember the NY cheesecakes .  I have looked but don't see 'Sara Lee' cheese cakes locally, only online.  Anyone try  'KIKI Cheesecake Pattaya' ?? 

I don't see any delivery option on their website.  "Thanks for any suggestions.  I know that I should just go ahead and make it myself but I am lazy.

Edited by how241