Where can one buy blades for a reciprocal saw?

Dean1953

Hopefully, this will be the last of this type of post before I return to the U.S. on July 31. I have a battery operated DeWalt saws all that I brought over several years ago. I could use several new blades for trimming trees and taking out as much of the root of 5 bamboo trees, so I can plant grass over them. I checked at Global House yesterday and they don't have any. Any suggestions?

If Makita blades are interchangeable with DeWalt, then you shouldn't have a problem because Makita dealers are numerous here. If they don't have what you want in stock they can order it from Bangkok. I bought a 10" Makita tablesaw last year and it came within a week.

DeWalt tools aren't big sellers here, although you occasionally see them - HomePro for instance.

If you can't make the Makita blades work for you, the best bet is to bring a couple of DeWalt blades from the States and have them resharpened locally as needed. There is a small shop at the Kaew Nawarat end of Tung Hotel Rd. that sharpens all kinds of sawblades - even carbide.

Choke Dee.

I have a Ryobi 18v recipro saw and I have my blades sent over from the US. It's my most used tool in my collection and Thais are so amazed when they see what it can do. I seem to remember looking all over for the metal cutting blades and no can find, but they do have the wood cutting blades, somewhere....maybe mentioned above. The metal cutting blades are best for PVC pipe.

DeWalt , so i am told, is owned by Black & Decker so maybe interchangable components there . Maybe!!! Not really familiar with Black & decker range in Thailand.

Agree with what you say. I believe DeWalt is the Heavy Duty edition/version of B&D, Nana Screw may have some blades or King Kong Nuts and Bolts (Located in the Chiang Mai gate area inside moat near the corner with the temple....sorry if that doesnt narrow it down much!)

I'll try a couple of Makita dealers today, starting with the first one mentioned. If I don't find anything today, I'll just ship a couple of blades over in the next couple of weeks from the U.S., so my caretaker can use the saw for gardening work. Thanks

I couldn't find the Makita shop but stopped at Homepro on the way home and found a pack of 5 blades for 450 baht. They aren't as long as I would have liked but will work in getting rid of the stumps from some of my bamboo trees. I'll ship over a couple of longer one's from the U.S. for my caretaker. Thanks again.