Did you miss a good curry?

KittenKong

It's a bit late and I'm surprised that there was apparently no prior mention of it in here at all (that I saw) but on Saturday 20th (yesterday) the Royal British Legion organised a Gurka Curry Night at Jamesons with the assistance of local British Legion representatives and three Gurkas who did the cooking.

They produced a tasty buffet curry meal for 200B that I was more than happy to pay another 200B for in the form of a donation. Jamesons had their happy hour specials all evening, and apparently donated the food ingredients.

I only learnt about this by accident during the week and would have missed it but for that. Apparently this was the third such event but I knew nothing about the others either. Some communication problem here, I think.

Either way, hats off to the Gurkas and to the local British Legion and Jamesons and anyone else who was involved for organising it and roll on the next one.

Thanks for the feedback and good comments on the Curry, as JoePai says the two previous Gurkha Curry Nights had been at Tropical Bert's but we were getting too small and decided to up the tickets and try Jameson's. It worked well and so far we have raised over 55,000 Baht for the Poppy Appeal from the night.

It's my fault that I did not promote it on Thai Visa and my apologies for that, I will ensure the next one is posted, perhaps at Remembrance Time. At 200 Baht a ticket for a variety of Curries and Dips all made by the Sgt Major and his team of Gurkha's from the British Embassy it's a great deal.

Watch this space for the next one.

• Like 1