EPL Prediction Competition League predictions for the League

MrRed

Option for EPL Comp additional points  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sensible comment there Jockstar.

The question is where does all this leave us?

It all seems a bit of a shambles right now with a few harsh words having been dished around just to top things off.

Some of us are keen to mix things up a bit and its become clear that some are not.

My gut feeling is that we should have been discussing this two months ago and given everyone a better chance to have a think about it and give a reasoned and unrushed response.

That is my tuppenceworth....hopefully we can find some solution to this.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we give 10 points for each correct position then bonus points if you get the top 4 and bottom 3 correct would that be better?

200 points for predicting all positions? Then an extra 25 for the top 4 placings? So another 100 plus 20 for each placing of the bottom 3? So in total the chance of 360 points? Thoughts.

If we give 10 points for each correct position then bonus points if you get the top 4 and bottom 3 correct would  that be better?

200 points for predicting all positions? Then an extra 25 for the top 4 placings? So another 100 plus 20 for each placing of the bottom 3? So in total the chance of 360 points? Thoughts.

Sounds good to me.

If we give 10 points for each correct position then bonus points if you get the top 4 and bottom 3 correct would that be better?

Sounds good to me.

+1

Start a separate thread, with this idea.

Edited by uptheos

Good banter on the footie forum, just one question.

Does it always get this petty in the off season? I've seen more tantrums in the last few days than the whole of last season!!

Chillax! It's just a bit of fun!

• Like 2

Good banter on the footie forum, just one question.

Does it always get this petty in the off season? I've seen more tantrums in the last few days than the whole of last season!!

Chillax! It's just a bit of fun!

Its not so bad when summer comps are on...especially if the USA is involved....then there is plenty of ntertainment fir us.

This year is particularly bad yeah....I am losing the will to live.

Soldado and kick off please referee!

Oh and maybe a left back....we can all be greedy....:D

Whatever you like, but I would like to see everyone involved no matter the format.

I think Jockstar's idea is a good compromise, maybe we could do a mid-year point standings and end of year standings, that will keep an interest through both periods of the season with the overall result being final.

Well I'm still happy for someone else to take over running the comp. There are a lot of hours put in to run that thing (even when I am my holidays)and I don't like my integrity being questioned. Either way, I'm out of the dosh league.

Plenty of "act in haste....repent at leisure" on here today. I'm not referring to you mrboj.

I knew this would happen.

I would personally like to ask Justin and Ken to reconsider and join up again. If I be absolutely honest, I didn't really want a change but agreed as long as we all see how it goes after the first year. If it adds more fun and is worthwhile then fine. I think we need to keep it fresh, just like JockStar did when he introduced the Banker for double points. I think worked well. Hope you reconsider chaps as the addition isn't that much of a change.

I agree with Mr Bo and hope you guys reconsider. We have been doing it for a number of years now so please reconsider.

As a compromise and not too much additional work for Mr Bo, we could see the normal winner as the leader is shown each week then the Additional Winner adding in the scores for Placings - Just a thought. Its new to us all.

We all do it for fun except for those in the dosh league who just make a contribution to Mr Bo's holiday fund.biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

Good compromise - I see no need to catapult dummies for such a minor change (which is not really a change under this proposal, simply an addition).

If BIGTOE3's suggestion is adopted then we are back to the original competion with THOSE WHO WANT TO BE INCLUDED IN THE 'EXTRA' PLACINGS GAME listed lower on the page.

I think you would have to extremely petty to exclude yourself on the basis of that amendment.

Thank you Card you are obviously a holder of a lot of common sense.

Mr Bo please don't take exception to my "holiday fund" comment, that was only a bit of fun.smile.png

I still think the above is the best compromise and that common sense prevails after all with my lack of tech knowledge extending to Club positions I don't see me winning, I JUST like the banter and competition.

Come on now please all make up and have a beer burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif - you know it makes sense.biggrin.png

BT

• Like 2

Well I'm still happy for someone else to take over running the comp. There are a lot of hours put in to run that thing (even when I am my holidays)and I don't like my integrity being questioned. Either way, I'm out of the dosh league.

Just to publicly reply to you mate...i never questioned your integrity in any way......it is a game/competition that has been running for a while now and the other guys used to post there's also after the cut off time,what is the problem in posting yours as well? for the enjoyment of all participants smile.png

Is there a secret? tongue.png

It seems to me that a change is frowned upon here even when it is offered before the comp starts democratically...we all went to a vote and it was unanimous that people wanted it.....then just because two guys who didn't want it(what would of happened if those two guys would of been newbies)spat there dummy out.......the vote has not been adhered to.... i did send MrBojangles a message to start up the new thread but he never.

Then Judge n Jury Jockstar comes into it and also ignores the vote and goes on about changing the rules....what are you going do to have another vote?cheesy.gif

To me it also says a lot when you come on here Jockstar and say "Mrbo sends his predictions to me every week. I see no need for him to post them on here"

Then why did you post yours every week and it is not just your opinion here is it.....or is it?

Anyway that is just my opinion also Jockstar. wink.png

other guys used to post there's

Only because there was no other football mod to send to. Also we had never won the comp

It seems to me that a change is frowned upon here even when it is offered before the comp starts democratically...we all went to a vote and it was unanimous that people wanted it.....then just because two guys who didn't want it(what would of happened if those two guys would of been newbies)spat there dummy out.......the vote has not been adhered to.... i did send MrBojangles a message to start up the new thread but he never.

I think a change is good. However the way it was thrust upon people and people attacked if they didn't agree was wrong. IMHO

Then Judge n Jury Jockstar comes into it and also ignores the vote and goes on about changing the rules....what are you going do to have another vote?

I think you will find that i said i wasn't convinced and gave my reasons why. Which some people agreed with.

To me it also says a lot when you come on here Jockstar and say "Mrbo sends his predictions to me every week. I see no need for him to post them on here"

Then why did you post yours every week and it is not just your opinion here is it.....or is it?

I gave my reason for that above.Some people don't seem to realise how much work it is to do the comp. We have mrbojangles giving up his time, myself before and chonabot before that. We don't get paid for doing it. We don't have to do it. But we do it and have done in the past for the members of TV. It is a lot of work. Chasing people, pms, making up sheets, calculating scores, putting up on the forum etc etc. For some reason MrRed , recently you have been attacking people on the forum for not agreeing with you. I don't know why this is. However it hasn't gone unnoticed by other mods.I think your idae of adding more points to the comp is good. However i think it needs to be discussed further and how to make it fair. As you said. Its my opinion. If you want people to vote. Then tahts up to you. But a believe more discussion is needed. we don't want to see some long standing members leaving because they feel pressured into doing something there are not comfortable with..

other guys used to post there's

Only because there was no other football mod to send to. Also we had never won the comp

Why does it have to be a mod? It is a game and we are all in it the same.

I think a change is good. However the way it was thrust upon people and people attacked if they didn't agree was wrong. IMHO

It wasn't thrust upon people it was put forward please read the thread again....MrBojangles said there should be a vote which i agreed with.......we then had a vote.........which was unanimous i think it was 17-4 ....then after voting and seeing the outcome the two guys choose to leave the competition,as far as i am concerned that was it and we carry on ...That was why we voted facepalm.gif ....but No ......so what was the point in the vote?

I gave my reason for that above.Some people don't seem to realise how much work it is to do the comp. We have mrbojangles giving up his time, myself before and chonabot before that. We don't get paid for doing it. We don't have to do it. But we do it and have done in the past for the members of TV. It is a lot of work. Chasing people, pms, making up sheets, calculating scores, putting up on the forum etc etc. For some reason MrRed , recently you have been attacking people on the forum for not agreeing with you. I don't know why this is. However it hasn't gone unnoticed by other mods.I think your idae of adding more points to the comp is good. However i think it needs to be discussed further and how to make it fair. As you said. Its my opinion. If you want people to vote. Then tahts up to you. But a believe more discussion is needed. we don't want to see some long standing members leaving because they feel pressured into doing something there are not comfortable with..

Thanks for that Jockstar nice effort to turn things around on me for speaking what i feel.If it is for using the word "jokers" i apologies unreservedly or if it is against my posting here then i think you look on every thread and see every other poster on this community forum does the same.

I think it is going nowhere now so think you should actually close this thread and let it be and carry on the competition to the chosen few's(4)liking.

And i apologize if i upset MrBojangles as that was not my intention at all because i do know the hard work that he puts in ...in running the comp.

End of story.