EPL Prediction Competition League predictions for the League

MrRed

Option for EPL Comp additional points  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why does it have to be a mod? It is a game and we are all in it the same.

I don't want to post my predictions, what's wrong with that? Last season you were trying to get other posters to post theirs but 3/4 (if not more) didn't want to post theirs either and those who did, didn't post them every week. Therefore, I send mine to Jockstar, on time, every time, so that he can verify them. As I'm running it, I have to ensure that I am whiter than white. I didn't post mine before I started running the comp and I also won then. The seed of doubt that you have sewn (whether intentional or not)has resulted in me feeling the need to pull out of the dosh comp this year.

Now if you are saying that the only way you will agree that all is fair, is for me to post mine, then I'm done with running it. As I said before, you (or anyone else) are more than welcome to take it over.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it have to be a mod? It is a game and we are all in it the same.

I don't want to post my predictions, what's wrong with that? Last season you were trying to get other posters to post theirs but 3/4 (if not more) didn't want to post theirs either and those who did, didn't post them every week. Therefore, I send mine to Jockstar, on time, every time, so that he can verify them. As I'm running it, I have to ensure that I am whiter than white. I didn't post mine before I started running the comp and I also won then. The seed of doubt that you have sewn (whether intentional or not)has resulted in me feeling the need to pull out of the dosh comp this year.

Now if you are saying that the only way you will agree that all is fair, is for me to post mine, then I'm done with running it. As I said before, you (or anyone else) are more than welcome to take it over.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/543333-australian-rules-football-for-the-aussies-in-thai/?p=6651390

I noticed the Aussie boys post a link to there predictions and everyone can see who is predicting what and the banter they have is good and makes it more interactive among all participants,yes last season i did hope more would post there predictions so i would be more fun and we could have the banter on the predictions thread....nothing wrong with that is there?

It is after all supposed to be a comp to enhance the banter among the football forum and the lads that compete in it.

It does not matter to me now as i am out,as i feel what has gone on has been totally wrong just cos two didn't like it(yet they voted) facepalm.gif

Again no offense to you was intended i was merely trying to juice the comp up a bit to which the overwhelming majority wanted also.

Also by everyone seeing the predictions it is a lot more interactive,not just yours this idea we have talked about before also and now that you do it on a spread sheet it is easy to link it isn't it? just the same as the Aussie lads do.

If it is just an issue with you not wanting your predictions shown to others then i don' know anyway round that but to carry on with the comp but i can see it dying off if some of the things are not changed.

Another comp i am in has a cut off time and then you can see all the others predictions online and it is for a lot more money than a score,and it has a forum all of its own which is lively with pre and post match banter...on Thai Visa there is very very little.

Anyway good luck and i hope we can meet up again and have that beer.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Ok I voted as per the email Mr Red.... Now what?

I'm working on the first months spread sheet for the predictions and I will get them up in the next day or so, as I'm off on holiday on Monday night. Getting that and the main scoring sheet sorted for the main comp is my first priority. As for the other add on, don't know what is happening now and I'm short of time but if someone wants to start a thread where people can post their placings, that's fine.

• Like 1

To quote the Hamlet Academical's striker, Billy Shakespeare :-

"The laddie doth protest too much, methinks"

And me been thinking too LeungKen.

Last time I was in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago it was absolutely pissing down.

I'm working on the first months spread sheet for the predictions and I will get them up in the next day or so, as I'm off on holiday on Monday night. Getting that and the main scoring sheet sorted for the main comp is my first priority. As for the other add on, don't know what is happening now and I'm short of time but if someone wants to start a thread where people can post their placings, that's fine.

I think given the grief this has caused maybe we should just forget about this addition and let it be business as usual.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

still don't understand why predictions should be secretive though.

Anybody got a sound rationale?

In addition to you submitting your predictions to me, copy and paste yours into the thread on time, every time for say for just the first 6 weeks of the comp with no slip ups for holidays etc. Then you'll see how much hassle it can be.

For me it's not that I want to be secretive, it's just I'm not gonna post mine unless everyone posts theirs.

I think given the grief this has caused maybe we should just forget about this addition and let it be business as usual.

Just my opinion.

Amen to that opinion.

I'm confused, (which admittedly happens a lot). Are we now back on the "normal" competition of posting our scores with "Bankers" denoted by a "B" next to the score, and forgetting all about this prediction stuff ?

May I offer a vote of solidarity, and thanks to Mr Bojangles, who gives up his free time to run this competition for our benefit ? I am confident that everything is above board, and feel it is churlish to criticise.

• Like 1

I'm confused, (which admittedly happens a lot). Are we now back on the "normal" competition of posting our scores with "Bankers" denoted by a "B" next to the score, and forgetting all about this prediction stuff ?

May I offer a vote of solidarity, and thanks to Mr Bojangles, who gives up his free time to run this competition for our benefit ? I am confident that everything is above board, and feel it is churlish to criticise.

I maybe putting my Big Toe in here but YES I think we have Muddled through now facepalm.gif - I hope biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

I'm on my holidays till after the season starts and so I don't have time to faff around with doing any additional side comps etc. Therefore, as far as I am concerned I'm just taking all the predictions as normal and running the comp as per last year. If we later want to do an add on, I suggest that those who want to, have it as an additional (like we do with the dosh league) and those who don't can refrain.

• Like 1

I'm on my holidays till after the season starts and so I don't have time to faff around with doing any additional side comps etc. Therefore, as far as I am concerned I'm just taking all the predictions as normal and running the comp as per last year. If we later want to do an add on, I suggest that those who want to, have it as an additional (like we do with the dosh league) and those who don't can refrain.

Have a great holiday mate! thumbsup.gif

Have a great holiday mate! thumbsup.gif

Cheers buddy. Already on the real beer and stuffed myself with bacon and pork sausages. I don't miss it in Saudi but as soon as I leave, I have a craving for the stuff.

• Like 2