First baby advice

eezergood

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Have it born as third in line to the British throne.

Sorry - just getting that one out of the way. Need a bit more info from you than that, old buddy, such as which areas do you need advice about? Clothes? ... ? ... ?

Congrats, btw. Hope the birth goes real well.

Private or Public Hospital?

Make sure it's not born on a Wednesday ... giving-birth-on-wednesday

If it's advice for you, the Dad. then this Malaysian site is well worth while a visit.

All in English ... becoming-a-dad

4 questions to discuss before the baby arrives.

I don’t even think about question #1 … but the other 3 questions are worthy of consideration.

20-things-men-need-to-know-about-pregnancy

Last one ... there's a pinned topic by the female Mod Boo at the top of this page.

birth-to-5-years-2007-edition

Well done and good luck ... thumbsup.gif

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Well, just back from the UK with a ton of clothes & new pushchair etc.... so thats sorted!

Will be born private hospital - so thats that

More general, I have NO IDEAS about babies, never even changed one!

Any general info, such as for registering births what not to do or great products you found invaluable or stuff you just didnt need!

When older and cognitive. Always do what you say you are going to do. Both parents must give the same response to questions requiring permission for something.

NEVER bluff. Ie. "If you don't eat your beans I will pour them on your head".(Type of statement). Child still refuses. Pour them on. This is just an example. You have to be firm but fair and consistent.

Don't buy toys too early. They do not need a remote controlled car when they are 4? Save some things for later in their life.

• Like 1

VocalNeal - spot on mate. Firm but fair and consistent. Might I also add that when disciplining a child, never raise your voice above a firm tone of authority. The no-nonsense approach. As in boxing, if the match is turning against you, step out of the ring, so to speak, collect your thoughts and then go back in with a calmness and an authority in your body language. Kids respond well to this ,rather than raging and screaming and threatening. Ahh, the joys of fatherhood!

If you want the child to be yours, you need to marry the woman.

Else Thailand considers the child, nothing to do with you.

Don't let any other name than yours be registered on the Birth Certificate.

There is a thread going where the mother registered the Uncle as the father (fairly common with unmarried parents)

And

Congratulations.

• Like 1

Enjoy your child and remember that, when looking at them in the first few days, it is normal to wonder when you will fall in love (probably the lack of sleep and whirlwind of well-wishers that causes this). Don't worry you will and there will be a point when you look at them and wonder:

a. what was life before them

b. could I love them any more as I think I might die if I do

In short, enjoy....and get some sleep NOW!!!

If you want the child to be yours, you need to marry the woman.

Else Thailand considers the child, nothing to do with you.

Don't let any other name than yours be registered on the Birth Certificate.

There is a thread going where the mother registered the Uncle as the father (fairly common with unmarried parents)

And

Congratulations.

Done already :)

Read far far far too mnay horror stories, plus makes life a whole lot easier getting him his passports

Also made it clear to the Dr, if he springs the old - you need a C section routine, that I will request a 2nd opinion & if still not satifisfied will move to another hospital. I also let it be known that I have the email address of the hospital admin!

• Like 1

Our boy is almost one. We live in a small village near Phayao. There were a couple of strange (to me) traditions after the baby was born.

Baby was not to go outside the home after he came home from hospital for one month.

The baby had his hair cut off after one month.

The baby shares the parents bed for the first few months. He now sleeps in his own bed next to our bed.

It has been a great experience and it totally changes your life. Enjoy your new life.

• Like 1

Our boy is almost one. We live in a small village near Phayao. There were a couple of strange (to me) traditions after the baby was born.

Baby was not to go outside the home after he came home from hospital for one month.

The baby shares the parents bed for the first few months. He now sleeps in his own bed next to our bed.

It has been a great experience and it totally changes your life. Enjoy your new life.

Tradition is no going out for 6 months.

So the guardian spirit in the ghost house can guard the child from possession.

Bed sharing until child is 10 if the lady thinks she can get away with it.

Tradition is no going out for 6 months.

So the guardian spirit in the ghost house can guard the child from possession.

Bed sharing until child is 10 if the lady thinks she can get away with it.

Non of this will be observed in my home

Also made it clear to the Dr, if he springs the old - you need a C section routine, that I will request a 2nd opinion & if still not satifisfied will move to another hospital. I also let it be known that I have the email address of the hospital admin!

You're either a Dr or an idiot.

Neither - but you have a Leprechaun as an avatar so what does that say?

It's a Leprechaun, it doesn't say anything. It's a mythical creature.

Are you THAT bored? or is trolling a favourite passtime, if you have nothing to share then then stay away! What should be a joyous & informative post is being degraded by your bitterness. Please dont reply, but DO PM me with a number and i would be happy to continue this chat with you!

• Like 1

Are you THAT bored? or is trolling a favourite passtime, if you have nothing to share then then stay away! What should be a joyous & informative post is being degraded by your bitterness. Please dont reply, but DO PM me with a number and i would be happy to continue this chat with you!

You must be very nervous young man. Hope your misses is not the same !! Lol. I presume its your 1st gonna be born. Your life will change. The first months you enjoy it while your misses is doing the hard work. Help her with changing nappies and giving milk to the little 1. For the rest enjoy it. It is gonna give priceless memories later on.

• Like 1

All advice very mucg appreciatd & not a moment too sonn! Dr today said her will be hre within a week!

Whatever you do, if they suggest a birth day to be a Wednesday ... DON'T AGREE TO IT.

You will never hear the end of it from the relatives.

Enjoy every moment with your child. Your priorities are different now its all about your child. You come last. Start saving now because international schools are not cheap. Hopefully your child will make you a better man. Congrats and good luck.

• Like 2