Have I overstayed?

Hello Everyone,

Just for my own peace of mind- could someone please confirm this-

I am due to go home- back to the UK-from Bangkok; On the 30th of July'13.

Here's the thing- I entered Thailand on a two month Visa from NZ, on the 30th April 13, which took me to the 27th July. I then extended the Visa for 30 days- taking me to 28th July'13.

I am booked to leave on the 30th, So by my rational, I have 'overstayed' by one extra day (29th)- which is free- and I am leaving on the 'second' day (30th), however the flight isn't till the evening (7.30pm).

Here's the question- have I overstayed by one day or two? Do I now need to pay and tell immigration?

I am not sure really why this has got me panicked - but lately here in Thailand, what with all the death on transportation, I just want to get home as hassle free as possible.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

You will be overstay at midnight on the 28th so leaving on the 30th will be a fine of 1,000 baht and overstay stamp in your passport. An arrest for anything could result in other issues if overstay. But the chance of anything like that happening is very, very slight and people overstay for several days often and as long as fine is paid it is not considered a big issue.

You are planning to overstay. You do realise though unlikely that if any action occurs before you get to the airport the consequences will be a lot more serious than the 1000baht fine you will have to pay if you do get to the airport.

Two day overstay at 500 baht a day. An overstay of less than 24 hours is free but over that you pay for all the days.

The only option to avoid the overstay is to apply for a 7 day extension at immigration which will cost 1900 baht.

Edited by ubonjoe

Here's the thing- I entered Thailand on a two month Visa from NZ, on the 30th April 13, which took me to the 27th July. I then extended the Visa for 30 days- taking me to 28th July'13.

Either your maths is adding up or your english is skewed. Should it read 27th June and not July? If June, the rest of your post appears to make sense.

It should also state on your entry stamp what the date you need to depart by is.

Everyone be kind to this man.

After all he is a KIWI rolleyes.gif

Sorry but Aussies cant help but have a dig at our neighbours .

They can count sheep better than days whistling.gif

Well they have more of them.....and the days are so grey it hard to tell when one starts and ends.

On 27 June he extended his stay with 30 days.

From 27-6 (included) up to 30-7 (included) is 34 days.

4 days overstay = THB 2000 fine.

The 30 day extension is added to the current permission to stay, so June 27th would not be included.

The OP stated that he entered on April 30th which would give him a permission to stay until June 28th, so June 27th is probably just the date he visited Immigration for the extension. A 30 day extension would give him until July 28th as stated in his post. So leaving on July 30th means a two days overstay and a fine of 1,000 Baht.

Sophon