Nebido as TRT in Thailand?

jaideeguy

Myself @ 67 yrs have been feeling lowered libido and general fatigue/depression and thin skin over the last year and it's not getting any better....................all normal symptoms of low testosterone.

I have a liver condition that I have to consider, so it seems like if I go with TRT, then I should inject rather than oral and bypass my liver.

Anyone else have anything to say about Nebido?? Availability, cost, side effects etc??

• 4 months later...

Myself @ 67 yrs have been feeling lowered libido and general fatigue/depression and thin skin over the last year and it's not getting any better....................all normal symptoms of low testosterone.

Anyone else have anything to say about Nebido?? Availability, cost, side effects etc??

I have very low T and am trying this. I'm mid fifties but was very lethargic,non existent sex drive and even though I exercise regularly have no muscle mass.

I took a blood test which indicated very low T so took it to BGrad where another test which confirmed it. I had a 1 month trial jab which didn't do much so he suggested Nebido. The first jab was for six weeks and I just had the second one which should be for 12 weeks.

It's a big injection and goes in your backside muscle. Takes about 2 mins and isn't agony but is uncomfortable. Having read up it seems like nearly all problems result at the injection site including abscesses and blood poisoning so make sure the person doing the jab has been trained for this product. Reading between the lines it seems that controlling the quality of injections and opportunity for abuse is the main reason the FDA won't approve it.

Around week 2 I felt a lot better. Brain fog cleared, morning errections are back and I actually mentally felt like sex. It started to fade around week 5.

Costs at Bgrad are about 11k baht including the pretty useless doctor chat. Nebido itself is 9.5k of that. If anyone can suggest a reputable but cheaper supplier with trained nurse I'd appreciate it.

Negative side effects:

Small amount of Acne on my body.

My balls have shrunk

Positive side effects apart from those mentioned. I slept better in those middle 4 weeks. I've had an aching tooth for 4 years which dentists have failed to fix.It may be a coincidence but it doesn't hurt anymore.

I'm still not sure how even the distribution will be over 90 days and many of the body building boards make this comment. One of the problems with T issues is getting real advice for "normal" people because of the huge amount of steroid abuse.

Hope this helps.

I wonder if the injection site and method are significant factors? My friend who gets his at Bumrungrad said his injections are usually painful, but his T numbers are up moderately and have stayed there. When I attempted it at Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin, the first shot was toward the top of the buttock and afterward hurt like h*ll for about a half hour. Next two shots were a bit lower and no more painful than a flu shot in the arm. Last (fourth ... I gave up after that) was higher, but again no more painful than a flu shot.

I gave up because although my numbers rose after the first shot a little, I felt absolutely no different and didn't notice any physical differences. Seemed like a waste of money. Hormone therapy is excluded by my insurance.

I have since wondered if the nurses administering injections 2, 3 and 4 were properly trained. I read up online about where/how to inject Nebido, and it's pretty specific.

PS: To previous poster: did you choose your screenname in anticipation of this thread topic? whistling.gif

Injection into the "buttock" should always be directed into the upper, outer quadrant to avoid injury to the Sciatic nerve.

There is no specific "technique" associated with injecting Nebido.

As with all intramuscular injections the injection should be made slowly to lessen pain.

Edited by Sceptict11

If one shot of Nebido costs 10 000 THB in Thailand, I would say it is not worth it!

I started TRT in Europe with Nebido (about 4000 THB per shot) and since moving to Thailand, I have been on other injection testosterone. It costs far less, the injection is not as painful but you need to take the injection more often (so far I have been on once a month cycle).

With Nebido, the injection wasn't really painful per se but uncomfortable, as someone in this thread put it. With Nebido, I always got some to moderate on-site pain after the injection which lasted up to 48 hours. This is simply because with Nebido, the amount of the stuff that is put inside your muscle is so big and it causes the tissues inside the muscle to stretch to physically fit all the oily testosterone liquid inside.

Now, when using generic testosterone, the injection takes only a few seconds and I barely even notice the injection (during or after). Here is my topic on the subject with more info and my background with TRT: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682834-report-trt-in-chiang-mai-success/

If one shot of Nebido costs 10 000 THB in Thailand, I would say it is not worth it!

I started TRT in Europe with Nebido (about 4000 THB per shot) and since moving to Thailand, I have been on other injection testosterone. It costs far less, the injection is not as painful but you need to take the injection more often (so far I have been on once a month cycle).

With Nebido, the injection wasn't really painful per se but uncomfortable, as someone in this thread put it. With Nebido, I always got some to moderate on-site pain after the injection which lasted up to 48 hours. This is simply because with Nebido, the amount of the stuff that is put inside your muscle is so big and it causes the tissues inside the muscle to stretch to physically fit all the oily testosterone liquid inside.

Now, when using generic testosterone, the injection takes only a few seconds and I barely even notice the injection (during or after). Here is my topic on the subject with more info and my background with TRT: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682834-report-trt-in-chiang-mai-success/

Yes pain depends on how much is injected and what oil is used (for the release). IMHO its better to inject more often.

Anyway if you really want to save cost you just learn how to do it yourself. There are loads of people doing it themselves and if used correct procedure its easy and painless once you get over the fear of needles.

PS: To previous poster: did you choose your screenname in anticipation of this thread topic? whistling.gif

I had other names in mind, they were used and this was on the screen in front of me at the time and it was a word I wouldn't forget. Still the shoe appears to fit........wai2.gif

Injection into the "buttock" should always be directed into the upper, outer quadrant to avoid injury to the Sciatic nerve.

As with all intramuscular injections the injection should be made slowly to lessen pain.

It is recommended to use a small (22 g) needle, inject very slowly over several minutes and only into the gluteus (buttocks) never other IM sites.

• Like 1

It is recommended to use a small (22 g) needle, inject very slowly over several minutes and only into the gluteus (buttocks) never other IM sites.

Sheryl,

Just curious could you tell me the reason for the gluteus only ? Just curious about the reason like to learn more at times.

As for the really slow is probably because its hard to get into the muscle and maybe a lot ? What dose goes in ? 2ml +

It is a large volume that is injected (4 ml) and in an oil base so needs to go in quite slowly both to minimize pain and avoid causing a sterile abscess.

The guteus is a much deeper muscle than the deltoid or thigh so for injections of this type (high volume, viscous) it is preferred.

It is a large volume that is injected (4 ml) and in an oil base so needs to go in quite slowly both to minimize pain and avoid causing a sterile abscess.

The guteus is a much deeper muscle than the deltoid or thigh so for injections of this type (high volume, viscous) it is preferred.

Yes I did not know it was 4ml.. that is quite a lot indeed. That explains why its gives of testostorone for such a long time (combined with a long Ester). Thanks i like learning new stuff.

Anyway if you really want to save cost you just learn how to do it yourself. There are loads of people doing it themselves and if used correct procedure its easy and painless once you get over the fear of needles.

If you dont mind me asking, was this in Thailand? I had a prescription for Nebido, and was told that the only place to buy it was at the hospital, and that it must be injected by a doctor...

Total cost was 8000thb, and I checked at a few hospitals.

If you dont mind me asking, was this in Thailand? I had a prescription for Nebido, and was told that the only place to buy it was at the hospital, and that it must be injected by a doctor...

Total cost was 8000thb, and I checked at a few hospitals.

Normal testostorone is available in many pharmacies and if you combine that with regular blood tests you ca do it. So yes this was in Thailand. I believe that 20 vials of 250mg testostorone van bayer shering is around 3000 bt and even 1 vial is over the limit of what you would be using. (using less in general) and maybe something to combat the estrogen. Then after a few blood test you know what you must take and check it less frequent.