Kap Choeng Immigration - Special Fees

sinbin

I posted this in a reply to a thread on the 'Visa' section. I feel it to be more informative if I posted it here instead. So, if you use Kap Choeng, please be aware of what's happening.

They're still asking for 100 Baht, for the 90 day report, if you arrive and the office is packed full. There is a young lady that sits by the window. Her job is 90 day reports. So you go in and this lady appears to be just doing paperwork. Having taken your ticket you get adgitated, due to slow moving queues. You get up and ask the young lady if there's any chance she could do your 90 day report. Yes she will do it, but asks for 100 Baht at the end. I witnessed her doing so to 2 farangs today.

Another scam this office is pulling is to go out and do home visits and then ask for the petrol money upon leaving. It happened to a German friend of mine recently. And yes he did pay them, but wouldn't tell me how much.

Spoke yesterday to a friend who paid 2,000 Baht - 1,900 Bt for visa extension and 100 Baht to get his 90 day slips.

The immigration officer said "see you in 12 months".

As in more than one 90 day slip ?

Spoke yesterday to a friend who paid 2,000 Baht - 1,900 Bt for visa extension and 100 Baht to get his 90 day slips.

Your post is unclear.

Do you mean for 2000b the person doesn't have to visit the Immigration office for a further 12 months, therefor not having to do the statutory 90 day reports????

Your post is unclear.

Do you mean for 2000b the person doesn't have to visit the Immigration office for a further 12 months, therefor not having to do the statutory 90 day reports????

What they do at Kap Choeng is to charge you 100 Baht on top of 1,900 baht for your extension. When you do your annual extension you do your 90 day report at the same time. It's free but Kap Choeng are charging. Go to the Visa Forum and see the thread concerning this. Similar to the 'residence letter' they don't see why we should get a service free. After all we're farang we can afford it.thumbsup.gif Personally, I blame the people that tip these low life.

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 1

Kap Cheong never charged me (except of course the designated fees)... and I've never had unfriendly service from them.

Have you been of late?

I went 2 months ago and was surprised by the number of new staff. Plenty of different faces.

Like you, I have always had good service from this office.

They have hit me up for a "unscheduled" fee in the past (transfer of extension old to new passport) but still good service.

Last time however, there was a slightly less than friendly atmosphere to the place ????

Maybe just an off day? I will find out in about 1 months time when I do my next 90 day report.

Your post is unclear.

The inference was that he would not be expected to return until his renewal in 12 months time.

" Having taken your ticket you get adgitated, due to slow moving queues. You get up and ask the young lady if there's any chance she could do your 90 day report. Yes she will do it, but asks for 100 Baht at the end."

Sounds to me that you are "paying" for an extra service. Why not just sit and wait your turn?

I, to date, have never had a problem with Kap Cheong.

At Kap Choeng, two of us extended our 'O' visas, by reason of retirement, at the end of June. For this service we were charged the standard 1,900 baht. The extensions were each dealt with quickly, politely and efficiently in less than 10 minutes. We made a cautious enquiry about getting the 90 day slips to cover the full year until the next visa extension and were advised that this was not a possiblity. We were not charged for our 90 day reports.

If a variation from the normal 90 day reporting system is offered, it would probably be by a 'special arrangement' with one of the staff working outside the normal office procedures.

Edited by richardjm65

At Kap Choeng, two of us extended our 'O' visas, by reason of retirement, at the end of June. For this service we were charged the standard 1,900 baht. The extensions were each dealt with quickly, politely and efficiently in less than 10 minutes. We made a cautious enquiry about getting the 90 day slips to cover the full year until the next visa extension and were advised that this was not a possiblity. We were not charged for our 90 day reports.

If a variation from the normal 90 day reporting system is offered, it would probably be by a 'special arrangement' with one of the staff working outside the normal office procedures.

I will interrogate my contact further for clarification but I don't think he actually asked for it - it was just done !

Your post is unclear.

The inference was that he would not be expected to return until his renewal in 12 months time.

So NO 90 day reports for one year???????

My last 90 day visit was beginning of June at 08.30. No problems, in and out in 10 minutes.

There was a young girl there with a heap of Farang passports, my wife heard the officer say 'it will cost you', no surprise there, but this kind of thing sort of leaks over to people doing it correctly.

Your post is unclear.

Will confirm 100% when I have checked with my source - but that was certainly the gist of the conversation, and how sensible it was for all concerned. May cut down David's takings at M & D Coffee smile.png

• Like 2

Your post is unclear.

I see a 5000 baht fine in someones future.

• Like 1

why would you do a 90 day report when you getting a non imm O extension for retirement or marriage . I have never done it but keep reading post of people that do such as in this thread

why would you do a 90 day report when you getting a non imm O extension for retirement or marriage . I have never done it but keep reading post of people that do such as in this thread

The Immigration officials do it automatically for you when you do your annual visa extension.

Most offices are computerised now including KC so you are in for a rude awakening if you dont submit a TM47 every 3 months

Most offices are computerised now including KC so you are in for a rude awakening if you dont submit a TM47 every 3 months

ave a paaport re

Kap Choeng Immigration is NOT computerised. Everything is done by hand. They do do not have a passport reader which they admit they need but Korat Immigration. which is their boss will not give them one. So everything mus and is done ny hand.

• Like 1

Whilst we're on about Kap Choeng, could someone tell me this? When doing my 'Marriage Extension' I had to draw a map of where I live, as per normal. This year I'm going for the 'Retirement Extension' because it being less hassle in obtaining. Do I still have to submit a map for a 'Retirement extension'? Thank you.

Whilst we're on about Kap Choeng, could someone tell me this? When doing my 'Marriage Extension' I had to draw a map of where I live, as per normal. This year I'm going for the 'Retirement Extension' because it being less hassle in obtaining. Do I still have to submit a map for a 'Retirement extension'? Thank you.

Not normally, sinbin, but TIT.

Not normally, sinbin. but TIT.

Went to Kap Cheong for a 90 day report today. Filled in the form and walked into the main office. I greeted the staff in the customary manner, I won't mention the "W" word as it may set Sinbin off, and the youg lady asked me what I needed. I said 90 days. She asked me to sit down and I handed her my passport. All was done with efficiency and a smile and no money was asked for. In and out in 7 minutes.

Great service as usual.

• Like 2

Went to Kap Cheong for a 90 day report today. Filled in the form and walked into the main office. I greeted the staff in the customary manner, I won't mention the "W" word as it may set Sinbin off, and the youg lady asked me what I needed. I said 90 days. She asked me to sit down and I handed her my passport. All was done with efficiency and a smile and no money was asked for. In and out in 7 minutes.

Great service as usual.

and I did the same today free in Sisaket 10 minutes ago. I always prepare TM47 and copy P/P shots too