Endangered Animals found at Japanese-owned house in Jomtien

Rimmer

Endangered Animals found at Japanese-owned house in Jomtien

japan-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--Police were called to a Japanese-owned house in Jomtien early on Friday Morning to investigate reports of a burglary and found 20 endangered animals in cages on the second floor of the house which require further investigation by Forestry Officials.

Police were called to the house at the Viewpoint Village on the Sukhumvit Road in Jomtien by the owner and his Thai Wife who had returned home after spending the evening at a local restaurant.

Police determined the point-of-entry to the house was through Louvre Windows on the ground floor. The house had been ransacked with items of value being stolen from a 2nd floor bedroom along with a valuable Persian Cat.

In total, 150,000 Baht in cash, 5 digital cameras with a combined value of 300,000 Baht and a 20,000 Baht valued Persian Cat, had been taken, according to the house owner.

Reporters discovered, by chance, a 2nd floor room, containing cages which housed more than 20 endangered species including Slow Loris’s and Iguana’s
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/96878/endangered-animals-japanese-owned-house-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-27

I never understood why people keep so much cash in their house ..... hope that couple will have what they deserve regarding those animals ..Thailand is a big HUB for animal trafficking .Finally a hub that works.

Agreed, maybe it should be an offence (money laundering) for keeping large amounts of money out of a bank, may be when people claim such amounts had been stolen or found with large amounts of money they need to account for it, maybe there was a legitimate reason but then there would be a receipts and bank transactions to prove it.

Was the cat stolen or did it get out when the thieves broke in? more reason to get ones moggie chipped.

Hey there Payboy. Yea, you DO have a very VALID point here you know. I'm in serious difficulty right now due that very SAME point you've raised here. I couldn't buy my home in my name and was forced to buy it in a Thai national's name. Maybe we should seek methods of looking deeper into this "Japanese owned home".

Japanese-owned house

Didn't know that was possible. unsure.png

Hey there Payboy. Yea, you DO have a very VALID point here you know. I'm in serious difficulty right now due that very SAME point you've raised here. I couldn't buy my home in my name and was forced to buy it in a Thai national's name. Maybe we should seek methods of looking deeper into this "Japanese owned home".

Japanese-owned house

Didn't know that was possible. Posted Image

Hi Robi, keep a couple of slow loris, get caught, then it will no longer be a Thai-owned home. ;)

Whaaahahahaha. Oh okay, now I get your point. I'm little slow on the catch-up sometimes hey.

Japanese-owned house

Hi Robi, keep a couple of slow loris, get caught, then it will no longer be a Thai-owned home. wink.png

I never understood why people keep so much cash in their house ..... hope that couple will have what they deserve regarding those animals ..Thailand is a big HUB for animal trafficking .Finally a hub that works.

HMMM - I think you hit on why there was so much cash - buying and selling endangered animals. Iguanas have become pests in Puerto Rico - overtaking local fauna. Burmese Boas are a pest in Florida. Siamese 'Walking Catfish' have invaded the southern US and Thai Carp are found all along the Mississippi.

It takes a real idiot to move animals into a new eco system.

HMMM - I think you hit on why there was so much cash - buying and selling endangered animals. Iguanas have become pests in Puerto Rico - overtaking local fauna. Burmese Boas are a pest in Florida. Siamese 'Walking Catfish' have invaded the southern US and Thai Carp are found all along the Mississippi.

It takes a real idiot to move animals into a new eco system.

Actually tey are Burmese Pythons and are growing like crazy eating all the indigenous animals, There is a standing Bounty on all killed - tasty buggers - Iguanas are running amok as well, not native to the Everglades.

From the OP....

"Reporters discovered, by chance, a 2nd floor room"

I read all the following posts wondering if anybody was outraged as I was.

WHAT THE HELL are reporters doing going through the guys house? I guess nobody is outraged but me.

I suppose the BIB are too lazy to investigate their own dispatched calls, so they bring along reporters and let them do it.

Amazing Thailand.

I hear Columbia is the new best place to retire. The girls are pretty there too, not to mention Spanish is easier to learn than Thai.

Japanese-owned house

I was under the impression you can own a house, but not the land it's standing on. Also, it's pretty obvious who paid for the house.

• Like 1

From the OP....

"Reporters discovered, by chance, a 2nd floor room"

I read all the following posts wondering if anybody was outraged as I was.

WHAT THE HELL are reporters doing going through the guys house? I guess nobody is outraged but me.

I suppose the BIB are too lazy to investigate their own dispatched calls, so they bring along reporters and let them do it.

Amazing Thailand.

I hear Columbia is the new best place to retire. The girls are pretty there too, not to mention Spanish is easier to learn than Thai.

I also raised an eyebrow when I read about the reporters making the discovery.

I guess you meant Colombia wai2.gif

Japanese-owned house

Japanese or Farang-owned houses are possible. foreigners can own any number of houses but not land.

• Like 1

I was under the impression you can own a house, but not the land it's standing on. Also, it's pretty obvious who paid for the house.

Japanese or Farang-owned houses are possible. foreigners can own any number of houses but not land.

Dam_n, gotta rush to Chatuchak now, and try to get the deposit back on those Burmese pythons. :(

Judging by the OP, I think it was a really stupid FUBAR moment on the house owner's part to report the break-in if (and it is still a big if) he was illegally keeping endangered animals on the property.

I suppose it could have been a moment of madness, but I have found for the most part that anyone involved in illegal activities tend to get their house in order (literally) before inviting the BiB around.

That said, if he was involved, then I hope the courts drop the maximum possible penalty on him and the wife.