'Two groups' assisted ex-monk's escape, says DSI

Lite Beer

'Two groups' assisted ex-monk's escape, says DSI
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) said yesterday that it suspected "two groups of Thais" had assisted elusive jet-setting ex-monk Wirapol Sukphol to flee the country. The department also said it doubted that Wirapol would return to Thailand on July 31 to face the charges against him.

Pol Col Songsak Raksaksakul, chief of the DSI’s office of foreign affairs and international criminal cases, said US law enforcers were looking for Wirapol's exact location and an initial probe had discovered that two groups of Thais aided the ex-monk to escape.

DSI investigator Angsuket Wisutwattanasak said he personally believed Wirapol, aka Luang Pu Nenkham, would not turn himself in to the DSI on July 31. However, he said the DSI would still prepare for his possible return and ensure that alleged victims of fraud perpetrated by Wirapol were on hand to identify him.

The DSI investigator added that the DSI would also visit Ubon Ratchathani and Si Sa Ket provinces again next month to collect addition information from witnesses in the public fraud cases as well as other possible offences.

Angsuket also said the complaint filed with the Central Investigation Bureau by the ex-monk's key follower Sukhum Wongprasit accusing the DSI of abusing authority, would not affect the DSI's investigation into Wirapol as all investigations concerning the ex-monk had been carried out in accordance with the law. However, he added, that Sukhum had every right to file a complaint, if he believed the DSI was not doing its job.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-28

• Like 1

I am sure they will be inconsequential people with absolutely no power or authority whatsoever.

So DSI investigators personally believe he will not return on July 31, did anyone honestly believe he would ?

I am sure they will be inconsequential people with absolutely no power or authority whatsoever.

So DSI investigators personally believe he will not return on July 31, did anyone honestly believe he would ?

I did. He was a fine upstanding religious man until he was framed.whistling.gif

• Like 2

oh do please tell, who are the groups we already know the rest of the story old news.

At least tell us the first letter of the name of each group.

Mission impossible! They are too busy to inform crooks via media of their arrest three days in advance.

• Like 1

oh do please tell, who are the groups we already know the rest of the story old news.

At least tell us the first letter of the name of each group.

The first letter would really help, NOT!

We shouldn't be looking for hints.

If two groups have aided in the escape of a fugitive from justice (you will note here that I do not in any way refer to him as a religious person, merely a criminal), then these two groups should also be under arrest for aiding and abetting the escape of a wanted person.

Let's see him try to buy his way out of this in the states.

buy his way out of what? Have they officially charged him in Thailand? Have the officially put forward an extradition request to the US? Thats as clear as who those two mystery groups who helped him were.

Lets get back to the treasure hunt. More fun

I wanted to say "police and government", but then it is rumored that police are part of government. Thought about it and think I got the answer: government and everybody else.