7 Foreign Nationals Arrested In 20 Million Baht Foreign ATM Card Fraud

Lite Beer

20 Million Baht Foreign ATM Card Fraud uncovered by Pattaya Police

atm-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 20 Million Baht fake ATM card operation run by a Ukrainian has been uncovered by Pattaya Police which led to the arrest of 7 foreign nationals and 2 Thai Men.

Police Major General Katcha, the Provincial Police Commander, held a press conference at Pattaya Police Station on Saturday Afternoon to announce the arrests.

He revealed the organizer of the illegal operation was Mr. Oleg Safanov aged 24 from Ukraine. He employed three Thai men, two drivers and a planner, to assist with sending two groups of foreigners to ATM’s around Pattaya so they could obtain money from foreign bank accounts using counterfeit bank cards which had been loaded with stolen account information.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/97007/20-million-baht-foreign-atm-card-fraud-uncovered-pattaya-police/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29#sthash.i6w4dNvU.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-28

• Like 1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He employed three Thai men,

I gues one is still on the hoof

Looks like there are 10 sat at the table, 7 x farangs and 3 x Asians.

Unless the farang on the far left is a volunteer and just needed a rest. Or the Asian on the right is just copying what the rest are doing by hiding his face.

Edit: Sorry Scully, you beat me to it with the maths..................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

They will not spend long in a Thai jail, as there will have been no loss to Thai people or Thai Banks.

They are using overseas accounts to draw money from Thai ATM's, but there is no loss to the Thai banks.

Maybe even a gain to the Thai banks - 150b charge on each withdraw!

• Like 2

I wonder who are the 2 foreigners standing behind on the left? maybe interpol? or Ukranian police?

One in the white shirt is a Belgian who does translation work and other things for police and the shorter one next to him is half Thai and does similar work for investigation teams.

• Like 2

Very glad they've been caught. Having once had my account cleaned out I know how it feels ! And it's not a good feeling !

Could you elaborate on that as any information would I am sure be helpful to all, as to how it happend? Where? Etc. Thanks other than the bad feeling part we all know that one.

Wow very bad crime----Stealing money from a Bank, I guess there be the usual calls for them to be hung.................cheesy.gif

Ok..........hang them. wink.png

But seriously, your complacent attitude has no comprehension on what that stolen money may be used for, or where it ends up.

Edited by Phatcharanan

How foolish, everybody knows you can only take out 20.000 baht at 1 time and Thai banks are charging 150 baht per transaction. They better had done the job somewhere were you can take out more.

Sorry mate, I took out 40,000 in two transactions one after the other. Kasikorn charge 15 baht, not 150.

No Thai will even look twice if you use your card twice in a row and that soon adds up.