Off To The Uk Today

Jockstar

The time has come. The missus and I are going to the Uk for a couple weeks. We leave in about 5 hours. As you can imagine she is very excited. :D But the weather will be <deleted>. :D But its her first time out of Asia. Should be a blast. So for all the members at Tv who helped with visa etc. Also for all you contributed to another thread of mine. Gf/wives first impressions. Then, Thank you. Will probably have a few more of my own stories when we get back. Anyway wish us luck and a safe trip. Because we will be away i wont be posting much(if at all) So i'll see and speak to you all again in a couple of weeks. :o

The weather here in the South East is bright & sunny with a few chilly snaps in the morning, this morning I have worken up to a carpet of daffadils & a light frost but a real spring morning. it's mornings like this that i really missed in Thailand. Enjoy them. :o

Latest report from the weather centre is that all major UK airports are closed due to the high winds,heavy rainfall and freezing conditions.

International flights are being diverted and news has just come in that a number of inbound aircraft from bangkok,hong Kong and japan have been diverted to West Africa for the next few days.

Latest forcast predicts temperatures of up to minus 40 degrees Centigrade but are expected to rise to nearer freezing point over the next few weeks.

The government has issued a statement reccomending that all travel should be restricted for at least the next month or so with sporting events,rail services and places of entertainments being shut down until the weather improves.

Pensioners have been told to order extra foodstuffs while the Womens Institute and Salvation Army are on standby ready to supply emergency rations.

...just like during the blitz was a comment from old Mrs Macgregor.....we all stuck together then and we will get through this one...

Welcome back ..J.S.

But Scotland.......... :D

Your right i would cry as well if i had to goto scotland :D

Me too :D And you could accidentally stumble across one of their "so called" football games :o

Have a good time jock, been gorgeous today but tomorrow it's going to be p1ssing it down...................................again :D

Actually I would quite like to join you myself, but don't tell anyone!!!! It makes me a bit home sick when I read threads like this. Normally I am fine. But Scotland.......... :D

when I heard the pipes on my travels I used to get a lump in my throat. :D

when I hear them at home, I rush to switch them off!! :D

the homesickness would soon dissapear if you came back to snow in April!!! :D:D:o

Edited by game4shame