7 day demolition order issued to popular South Pattaya Hotel

webfact

building-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A South Pattaya Hotel which has reportedly ignored warnings from City Hall regarding their unauthorized extensions to the Hotel have now been told to demolish the extensions within 7 days or face legal action.

On Tuesday Morning an officer from the Engineering Department of Pattaya City Hall posted the demolition notices on three buildings which form part of The Boutique Hotel located in Soi VC in South Pattaya.

The first building which was previously 7 floors was extended to 11 floors, the second was 3 floors which was extended to 5 floors and the third building was 3 floors extended to 7 floors.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/97329/7-day-demolition-order-issued-popular-south-pattaya-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-30

how amazing !

There are many Indians in this area and I would just be curious if this hotel is owned by Indians because they have a total disregard for complying with planning and building consent.

Adding a few floors onto buildings in Bombay is a pretty standard occurrence and the local authority in Bombay doesn't even have the manpower there to keep up with all the infringements

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

how amazing !

There are many Indians in this area and I would just be curious if this hotel is owned by Indians because they have a total disregard for complying with planning and building consent.

Adding a few floors onto buildings in Bombay is a pretty standard occurrence and the local authority in Bombay doesn't even have the manpower there to keep up with all the infringements

thats a bit prejudiced... there are plenty of examples of the same by Thais.... don't keep blaming foreigners for everything, we can't be responsible for everything here (not that I am an Indian) and... more than likely its just a matter of not having greased the right palms to get renovation extentsion permits for the new floors, surely they are all engineered to be safe by the owner.... whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

Criticize bad stuff all you want, but don't make the mistake of assuming that it is all Thais or all Indians, or whatever, that do "bad stuff". Dumb/bad people do bad things for their own short term gain. Right now I read about a gas plant in the usa that just blow up, and not long ago that fertilizer plant in Texas. If you take a look around the world you will see many more egs of bad stuff, not just in Thailand and not just by Indians.

A post complaining about the title removed. News titles and content come directly from the media site unmodified. So next time read the site linked to and complain to them not Thaivisa News team. Getting tired of blame being put where it doesn't belong. saai.gif

• Like 2

A post complaining about the title removed. News titles and content come directly from the media site unmodified. So next time read the site linked to and complain to them not Thaivisa News team. Getting tired of blame being put where it doesn't belong. saai.gif

It was my post, and I was poking fun -- not complaining.

I assume that Webfact reads these stories before posting them to make sure that there's no content that breaks the TVF rules. So, perhaps he could raise the status of this forum by typing in a more honest topic line than the one he or she is given by the media site. It would make you guys look better and not mislead the readers at this forum.

Just an idea.

It was my post, and I was poking fun -- not complaining.

I assume that Webfact reads these stories before posting them to make sure that there's no content that breaks the TVF rules. So, perhaps he could raise the status of this forum by typing in a more honest topic line than the one he or she is given by the media site. It would make you guys look better and not mislead the readers at this forum.

Just an idea.

Then we are in copyright violation. No modification of original material is allowed under fair use and full use copyright laws. Webfact and LB work hard at putting these News topics up and 'poking fun' of them is disheartening to them.

Anyway, back to the topic.

The most amazing thing in my opinion is that they even could start the construction, which should be noticeable, and no city-official ever told them to stop.

probably the tea-money wasn't paid in time so they told them to tear it down

There was another thread on the same subject, I assume the same hotel, in which it was said they had received orders to stop construction, which obviously were ignored.

The officials were exasperated at what they found: construction on a second Boutique Hotel building was still proceeding, despite repeated stop-work orders from city hall.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/654794-pattaya-threatens-demolition-of-illegally-expanded-boutique-hotel/

Edited by Suradit69

It doesn't matter who is responsible or whether tea money has or has not been paid but what is important is whether a structural engineer has designed the extensions . Three extra stories is a lot of extra strain on the building and if it collapses and people either inside the building or in the surrounding area are injured or killed, plus property damage , then good on the authorities for demanding demolition and i hope it becomes standard practice for all those building which are not structurally designed.

Maybe it is because of tea money etc but it is still a good move towards public safety as i see it .

• Like 1

That's a LOT of construction but there had been previous reports & they still continued on adding floors.

Amazing Thailand is a correct ad line.

Sure displays a total disregard for local authority regardless of where the owners are from

coffee1.gif

they will learn their lesson when it collapes and somebody will escape off course their responsability

hope someone put this on that travelling website (trip something) to advise people not to stay there

Edited by Rimmer
Racist comment

One has to wonder if the foundations and the buildings itself were designed to cope with the additional load?! I remember this shopping mall in Korea collapsing because of the weight of the later installed and heavier air conditioning systems.

The most amazing thing in my opinion is that they even could start the construction, which should be noticeable, and no city-official ever told them to stop.

probably the tea-money wasn't paid in time so they told them to tear it down

I agree completely, good points.

Most likely the original buildings' foundations were not engineered to withstand the weight of the additionally-added floors/stories. Which means these buildings are now very much in danger of collapse.

how amazing !

thats a bit prejudiced... there are plenty of examples of the same by Thais.... don't keep blaming foreigners for everything, we can't be responsible for everything here (not that I am an Indian) and... more than likely its just a matter of not having greased the right palms to get renovation extentsion permits for the new floors, surely they are all engineered to be safe by the owner.... whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

Well you had me believing until you said

"surely they are all engineered to be safe by the owner."

With the open in your face corruption there in Pattaya I am amazed that the money had not changed hands long ago.

building-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A South Pattaya Hotel which has reportedly ignored warnings from City Hall regarding their unauthorized extensions to the Hotel have now been told to demolish the extensions within 7 days or face legal action.

On Tuesday Morning an officer from the Engineering Department of Pattaya City Hall posted the demolition notices on three buildings which form part of The Boutique Hotel located in Soi VC in South Pattaya.

The first building which was previously 7 floors was extended to 11 floors, the second was 3 floors which was extended to 5 floors and the third building was 3 floors extended to 7 floors.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/97329/7-day-demolition-order-issued-popular-south-pattaya-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-07-30

Sounds like to late for paying off the right people, its not matter what u know it matters who u know