Police find underage worker at South Pattaya Beer Bar

webfact

bar-23.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Officers from the Police Region 2 Child and Women Protection Unit conducted an undercover operation at a South Pattaya Beer Bar in the early hours of Tuesday where it was reported a 17 year old girl was working.

The Police Division used an undercover foreign operative armed with 2,000 Baht in marked notes. He was sent inside the bar and was able to pay the bar 2,000 Baht in exchange for sexual services from the girl.

As soon as the money was handed over Police moved in and detained 3 employees of the bar, situated on Pattaya Third Road, and the owner, Khun Duangkamon aged 43.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/97337/police-find-underage-worker-south-pattaya-beer-bar/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-30

seems like what passes for "News" is actually common knowledge? JIMHOcoffee1.gif

Ya, especially when Pattaya One News is involved.

I must admit that in the far past, I occasionally took a lady from the bar, but I NEVER paid the bar directly for her services, I paid the bar a fine (usually a couple of hundred baht) then paid the woman who came with me directly. This "news story" gives me the impression that bar fines have now reached 2,000 baht, or the way business is done has changed (at least at this bar).

Then again when the BIB and PON are involved, who knows what the true facts are?

At least she is saved from the mucky hands of a 65yo fat farang lol lol.

Suppose we will have one or two,who dont think there is anything wrong with it,and she agreed to go to Pattaya when Mama/Paapa told her to go earn some money

Where does the report mention anything about a farang? Perhaps you are psychic. Maybe you are from some place other than Pattaya and just think you know everything about Pattaya, just like so many other TV members. Only a dumba$$ would assume that a 3rd Road bar MUST be catering to farang. It is mostly Thais that go there.

Edited by aguy30
  • Like 1

Suppose we will have one or two,who dont think there is anything wrong with it,and she agreed to go to Pattaya when Mama/Paapa told her to go earn some money

Where does the report mention anything about a farang? Perhaps you are psychic. Maybe you are from some place other than Pattaya and just think you know everything about Pattaya, just like so many other TV members. Only a dumba$$ would assume that a 3rd Road bar MUST be catering to farang. It is mostly Thais that go there.

If that's the case then why the need for a 'foreign operative'.

And, keep the source in mind: Pattaya One news; they just pen over some local news release, including the address. That the address had Third Road in it doesn't mean it's actually on Third road; sois off that road (and house/lot numbers linked to Third Road) go right down the sois to Soi Bua Khao and the South Pattaya area.

Other topic.. Foreign operatives... does anyone agree that's a pretty scummy thing to do, not least towards the girl who is now being hassled, treated like a criminal and sent away.. only to go work somewhere else less desirable / profitable?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Where does the report mention anything about a farang?

The "fat farang" is the foreign operative mentioned. If he's the one that usually gets involved in these seedy bits of so-called detective work/investigative journalism then he is also bald and has a very recognisable voice, at least for those who watch local TV.

I wouldn't be at all surprised (or at all bothered) if one day some Thai bar owner had vengeance on him.

• Like 1

Foreign operatives... does anyone agree that's a pretty scummy thing to do, not least towards the girl ....

Indeed it is. In fact I cant quite see how anyone could possibly stoop any lower than he does without actually breaking the law.

And it's far from the first time it has happened.

That's cleared up the sexual exploitation problem on the eastern seaboard then. thumbsup.gif

Nuh, I'm still getting exploited on a regular basis. w00t.gif

• Like 1

That's cleared up the sexual exploitation problem on the eastern seaboard then. Posted Image

Nuh, I'm still getting exploited on a regular basis. Posted Image

Sgt Somchai is on his way over with 2000 baht in marked notes to put you out of your misery.

• Like 2

Foreign operatives... does anyone agree that's a pretty scummy thing to do, not least towards the girl ....

Indeed it is. In fact I cant quite see how anyone could possibly stoop any lower than he does without actually breaking the law.

And it's far from the first time it has happened.

There are some desperate and vindictive people here. I know a British guy who runs a bar. One evening a Brit goes in and asks for food but the bar has stopped serving food. Out of the kindness of his heart the owner goes upstairs and makes the guy a bacon sarnie. Guess who was done for working without a permit?

There is a type who resent any sort of success (however small) in others and will go out of their way to spoil it. There are others who crave recognition, power and respect and look for it in whatever way they can, often losing sight of the fact that in this search they lose their humanity and dignity. Happens all over the world but Pattaya shows this under a microscope. How many of us on here haven't met a former CIA/MI5/SAS/SBS/Delta force blah blah blah operative in a bar in Pattaya?

Another moralizing know nothing coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Dont recognise that bar.

According to the Thai press it is called something like Cariblans, possibly two words, not easy to transliterate Thai, at 313/209 Pattaya 3 Street

I think most Pattaya regulars know the bar well, even from the mangled translation above! I presume it's against the rules say what it is?

"How many of us on here haven't met a former CIA/MI5/SAS/SBS/Delta force blah blah blah operative in a bar in Pattaya?"

Met many delusional wannabe’s who said they were. But the truth is, the ones who actually are don’t go around telling others so.

How does one get to be a 'foreign operative'? It sounds more than a little exotic and very cool. Do you get an official looking badge? Is there an entrance exam? Do you need a WP?

Edited by marell

How does one get to be a 'foreign operative'? It sounds more than a little exotic and very cool. Do you get an official looking badge? Is there an entrance exam? Do you need a WP?

First you go to prison in Thailand or your own country.

Then you get invited by the local police to work in Child Protection

possibly for a reduced sentence.

Pattaya is full of them and they are all above the law.

• Like 1

First you go to prison in Thailand or your own country.

Then you get invited by the local police to work in Child Protection

possibly for a reduced sentence.

Pattaya is full of them and they are all above the law.

While I'm not condoning underage prostitution, I think these farang informers are scum.

• Like 2

Just the one? Couldn't have looked too hard. (No pun intended).

By undercover foreign operative do we have to understand farang? Does he have a WP for this?

Was he old anough and how much did he get paid? Hope nobody in the area remembers him......

Umm, that bar looks familiar -- wait, no it doesn't.

Glad to see that the Thai cops are doing a stand up job protecting young people. Next they could investigate the number of young Thais who cannot afford to go to school, or receive adequate health care.

not only looks but is familiar, it's the one with the stairway to heaven on the left side of the bar

laugh.png