1 year visa extension when my husband and I have house registration in different house

Dear Thaivisa users:

I am Vietnamese, got married with Thai guys 4 years ago, my son now is 3 years old.

After our marriage, we stayed with my parent in law. I got house registration -yellow book with this house. Last year, my husband bought new house and he change his house registration to new house, my son also moved his name to the new house for going to kindergarten nearby. My name is still with the old house though all of us moved to new house.

My questions are:

1) Any problem in visa extension if my husband and I have house registration in different house? Should I move my name to the new house prior to apply for 1 year visa extension? Is that the law that if a foreigner move to stay in new place, he/she need to report to the immigration within 24 hour???? 24 hours is counted from the day I move or from the day my name is moved to new house?

2) In the application of visa extension, we need to provide map/picture of the house, should we take picture of the old house or new house?

Thank you and hope to have your kind response.

Best

They will want to see that the relationship is geniune, so might be best to be both registerd at the same address.

Yes, the law is that you notify when you actually move to another house. It isn't much enforced, but i case of marriage to a Thai national better to do it.

Map and pictures of the house where you are actually living together, so the new house.

They will want to see that the relationship is geniune, so might be best to be both registerd at the same address.

Yes, the law is that you notify when you actually move to another house. It isn't much enforced, but i case of marriage to a Thai national better to do it.

Map and pictures of the house where you are actually living together, so the new house.

As far as I know there is no requirement for foreigners to be registered on a house book, so really immigration would not care where the OP is registered and I've never heard of them to ask to see a foreigner's housebook registration of the foreign applicant, only house book of the Thai spouse.

Edited by Time Traveller

Immigration will not care about the housebook, but might care if she has reported her stay at her real residence.

If they already know of the household registration, they might want to see it agian and notice a discrepency between the address of husband and wife.

Thanks Mario and all for kind response. I have also called to 1111 to ask about the steps and they told me

- to report that I have moved to new address as soon as possible, so I will go tomorrow

- I can change address of my yellow house registration book anytime. I need to go to new amphoe with my passport + documents from my husband. I will do it on this coming Sat and go to extend my visa next week.

Cheers

Thanks Mario and all for kind response. I have also called to 1111 to ask about the steps and they told me

- to report that I have moved to new address as soon as possible, so I will go tomorrow

- I can change address of my yellow house registration book anytime. I need to go to new amphoe with my passport + documents from my husband. I will do it on this coming Sat and go to extend my visa next week.

Cheers

dont delay changing your address or you will be refused your extension as your address does not match the reg.book which your husband must take to immagration when you apply.just a thought have you made a 90day report since the change of address as an eagle eye officer might spot that you didnt inform them.naughty,naughty girl.

Cheers

The district (amphoe) office, which is the place to get your new address listed in your house registration book, may be closed on Saturday.