American spy program uses Thai servers

webfact

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsdlg3cbUgw#at=2500

Alan Grayson interview over this stuff....the 4th amendment clearly states that us citizens are protected from all this crap.... the NSA has been hoovering every phone call...not just telephone numbers but the whole call.. every last website google search (BTW I just changed to start page search as supposedly they don't give out searches - just because) every email, every facebook and social network post.... I mean come on man... it is NSA gone "wild" as Grayson puts it... yes he waffles a bit on 9/11 on this interview but...they are recording every phone call, every skype call, every email and websearch from everyone... and the 700 servers worldwide

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/743244-xkeyscore-slidedeck.html

like I am not a terrorist... but to realize that every last thing I do on my computer on the internet is scooped and saved? as Grayson points out ... only some 40 or so "terrorist" things have been really stopped.. but does that give the government the right to hoover up every last internet data traffic... in the name of protecting yanks against "terrorits" ... nah come on and grow up... they are running roughshod over the whole constitution... funny also - I have felt that everything I do on the net is being watched for like 1-2 years now...now I know... every gmail email, every website these jerks are collecting everything.... will be interesting to see how hard it is to get a new passport in 2017 when mine is up...

yah let's have "security" ... if you whine or complain about the us gov... well guess what... the file for how many people? 1 billion files are now accesed by a simple search program like xkeyscore...Snowdon isn't lying about it.. but John Cole? of the NSA sure as hell did in front of Congree last month "we are not recording a single thing" or whatever.. what a crock of BS that was...today on www.rense.com some family in new york or wherever was searching back packs for dad and pressure cookers for mom and they got visited by the cops for a full blown search... standard usa family with no "terror" plot.... well that is what they are going to use the full spectrum hoovering of information for...not just phone numbers and times of call... jeez.. it is everything you do and all stored on the new 2 billion dollar+ Utah storage facility...and what is worse is they have been doing it for years now...

anyway - I am going to stop now before I blow a gasket.... 5 5 5 I am in the Gasket and Seal business here...Grayson says in the video that NSA guys were handing around tapes of phone sex form us army people calls to their wives back home.... Snowdon is correct... they can access any little phone call woth this Xkyescore program and the huge data base storage... like 1 billion items per day? and I don't call that freedom - especially when it goes against the Constitution.. say Hi to Da Boys... as this post is now on record somewhere in the belly of the beast....

steve

Rangsit

• Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to wiki there are around 2.8 billion people in the world who use the Internet.

Me, SinglePot, is just one of those 2.8 billion.

I am not important.

Xkeyscore has no relevance to me and places no imposition on my life.

If it helps prevent terrorism, I am in favour.

What's all the drama about?

That's where you're wrong. Here's a story from earlier this week:

At about 9:00 am, my husband, who happened to be home yesterday, was sitting in the living room with our two dogs when he heard a couple of cars pull up outside. He looked out the window and saw three black SUVs in front of our house; two at the curb in front and one pulled up behind my husbands Jeep in the driveway, as if to block him from leaving. Six gentleman in casual clothes emerged from the vehicles and spread out as they walked toward the house." This was one of about a hundred times a week these same armed men in SUVs arrive at someone's front door. What exactly led them to Michele Catalano's house? She had been researching pressure cookers online. Her husband had been looking for a backpack. That combined with their son's news reading habits led to the visit...

https://medium.com/something-like-falling/2e7d13e54724

Those who have wanted to control others have always used the line: if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

T

WEALTH>
-

many years before 911 I observed the importing of Muslims into Western countries. Stags of passports of almost all nationalities were traded by Pakistani, Indian tailor-shops and other criminals in SEAsia (a French Embassy counselor sold empty passports in the hundreds a time too, kind of wholesale). They all flew first class British Airways paid by an American gold card holder (retrieved from the credit card info on the tickets). I found out that about 5% of the imports ( the way to keep plausible deniability if something goes wrong) were of extreme mindsets. I arranged a meeting with some American contacts I had.

I ended up in a meeting with a guy from the NSA on the table, the SEAsian chief of the CIA 2 meters away on the bar with the back to us and Tom Glancy at the other end not allowed to come close. I had no idea of what calibers I met there first. Anyway, I explained to them what I observed and wondered why nobody was moving the lips while speaking and I was pretty loud, hahaha ... - Nothing happened.

Only seven years later the EU, by using foreign ministers, set an end to that spook. Still yet, this was long before 911. Call it "plausible undeniability"

Around that time I came to the conclusion that there's a medium/long term plan cooking, but had no idea what. Anybody?

----

You are spot in, One of the guys was Akbar Shah who operated out of Bangkok. They send Afghan's in the hundreds (Beijing - Bangkok - EU) to Europe. Some times Italian, Greek and German passports (mostly stolen from the German government in some lowly secured offices in East Germany. He was popped off in Bangkok in some Yaba trade but he never dealed in Yaba, according to my sources.

Met also American CIA operatives in Bangkok. The best guy was a Jim from Key West in Florida who was an adviser to Gen Prem. He made his fortunes during the Vietnam War but as a CIA operatives worked closely in identifying communists in Thailand and a lot got popped off. They where put in a barrel of oil and put alight.

Met most of them in a bar during my time as a single in Cowboy but we became good friends.

• Like 1

There is a lot of interesting detail in that Xkeyscore Powerpoint, and that's from five years ago (2008).

"Show me all VPN start-ups in Country X, and give me the data so I can decrypt and discover the users"

"Sometimes a delicate balance of mission and research" (no mention of privacy of course)

With over 4 million people in the U.S. with top-secret security clearance, 500,000 of whom are private contractors, many of whom have been vetted by private contractors, you can bet there will be a lot more leaks and mis-use of intelligence gathering apparatus, in the future unless an example is made of Mr. Snowden, i.e. terminating his life.

I had top-secret clearance in America, there are many different levels. Some take just signing a piece of paper and making a promise and others require interviews of family and persons of contact back to high school. Being a subcontractor, Snowden's level would have required nothing more plan a signing a promise and electronic criminal background check.

------------------

Not necessarily true.

First of all their is a classification that allows access to SECRET material ONLY and a different classification that allows access to TOP SECRET material.

They have different levels of verification required and background checks.

On top of that there is another check required for those who have SI access ,,,, SI standing for Special Intelligence.

Snowdon would probably be have been at least a SI SECRET level clearance .... and that would have definitely required a background check at the very least.

I've had both a Secret and a Top Secret clearance at times .... depending on my job.

And those were both as a civilian contractor working for the U.S. government.

Just because you may only sign a form , please don't believe they don't do at least a records check and a background investigation if they think it required.

It's just that civilian contractors and military are cleared through different agencies.

I never needed an SI clearance, because I was never involved in that business.

Also, though I don't know the details, I know that the NSA and the CIA do their own separate clearances in addition to the normal military or contractor clearances.

So Snowdon, as a NSA contractor was definitely subject to some other clearance checks, or he wouldn't have been in that job.

Booz Allen probably was agent handling that matter (for which they had to pay the government if there was a background check required.}

whistling.gif

I agree with 100%, you went in more detail than I wanted or felt was needed. They said on the news the contractor and the government did not investigate Snowden or verify his educational information only did a minor electronic background scan. Now they realise If they had they would of found his resume included incorrect, fictional or misleading details. But you never know who dropped the ball, after all he was a new employee. Or a minor electronic background scan with the amount of data they had at hand could mean a lot!

All these anti-American rants are extremely humorous. Some people just can't understand that the NSA is only one, out of five, countries involved in communications security. It started with the Brits (Bletchley Park) way back in WWII. Then came the Five Eyes. Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Britain, USA. Its odd that the other collaborating countries remain quite secretive in comparison with the USA. Looks like our dirty laundry is hanging up all over the place, and yours are pressed, neatly folded and put away.

• Like 2

All these anti-American rants are extremely humorous. Some people just can't understand that the NSA is only one, out of five, countries involved in communications security. It started with the Brits (Bletchley Park) way back in WWII. Then came the Five Eyes. Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Britain, USA. Its odd that the other collaborating countries remain quite secretive in comparison with the USA. Looks like our dirty laundry is hanging up all over the place, and yours are pressed, neatly folded and put away.

the root cause is still in the UK.

• Like 1

Trolling for the NSA:

Hey! How’s it going? I’m all right.

My job is so shitty I wish I could overthrow my boss. It’s like this oppressive regime where only true believers in his management techniques will stay around. I work marathon-length hours and he’s made all these changes that have made it the worst architecture firm to work at in Manhattan. Like he moved the office to the Financial District and fired my assistant. She was the only one who knew where the blueprints were! I need access to those blueprints to complete my job! F my life, right? And he keeps trying to start all these new initiatives to boost revenue, but seriously we just need to stick to what we do best. There’s only one true profit center. I seriously feel ready to go on strike at any second.

I just read this article about how these free radical particles can cause the downfall of good health and accelerate aging. These could actually cause death to millions of Americans. If these particles are flying around undetected everywhere, does that mean we’re all radicalized?

Have you seen the second season of Breaking Bad? I just finished it. I couldn’t believe that episode where they poison the guy with ricin! That was the bomb! I won’t say any more because I don’t want to reveal the earth-shattering events to come.

Oh! So I’ve been planning a big trip for the summer. I’m thinking of visiting all of the most famous suspension bridges in the United States. So probably like the Golden Gate Bridge, The Brooklyn Bridge, and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. I’m gonna bring my younger brother and I know he’ll want to go to bars, so I’m thinking of getting him a fake drivers license, but I hope that doesn’t blow up in my face.

Okay, I gotta run! I’m late for flight school. I missed the last class where we learn how to land, so I really can’t miss another one. Talk to you later!

cheesy.gif

Yep....that will work. I bet you are going to hook a big one with that submission. Start looking for large black SUV's parked in front, and many men dressed in casual attire strolling across your lawn. I don't even want to know ya.

Not necessarily true.

First of all their is a classification that allows access to SECRET material ONLY and a different classification that allows access to TOP SECRET material.

They have different levels of verification required and background checks.

On top of that there is another check required for those who have SI access ,,,, SI standing for Special Intelligence.

Snowdon would probably be have been at least a SI SECRET level clearance .... and that would have definitely required a background check at the very least.

I've had both a Secret and a Top Secret clearance at times .... depending on my job.

And those were both as a civilian contractor working for the U.S. government.

Just because you may only sign a form , please don't believe they don't do at least a records check and a background investigation if they think it required.

It's just that civilian contractors and military are cleared through different agencies.

I never needed an SI clearance, because I was never involved in that business.

Also, though I don't know the details, I know that the NSA and the CIA do their own separate clearances in addition to the normal military or contractor clearances.

So Snowdon, as a NSA contractor was definitely subject to some other clearance checks, or he wouldn't have been in that job.

Booz Allen probably was agent handling that matter (for which they had to pay the government if there was a background check required.}

whistling.gif

I agree with 100%, you went in more detail than I wanted or felt was needed. They said on the news the contractor and the government did not investigate Snowden or verify his educational information only did a minor electronic background scan. Now they realise If they had they would of found his resume included incorrect, fictional or misleading details. But you never know who dropped the ball, after all he was a new employee. Or a minor electronic background scan with the amount of data they had at hand could mean a lot!

As a system admin I guess he had the full table.

I am not a terrorist. I have nothing to hide or fear. If "Big Brother" wants to read my email in exchange for keeping the lives of my family safe, by all means, have at it. I don't like it, but it may be that I must sacrifice a portion of my privacy in order to secure the safety of fellow Americans, and others on this planet.

Yes! I was waiting for this!

Nobody here is a terrorist. You, me and the next guy are straight, honest people with nothing to hide...

But remember this:

You have just traded in your freedom, your democracy for "security".

It happened before... you are not the first... and people like you are a vast majority...

You cannot see it yet, but you have just embraced Stalin, Hitler and Mao... and the bell talls for you...

Edited by ABCer

So inside the US the NSA needs a warrant to look at detailed electronic info of a US citizen. For any non American this rule don't apply, thus my electronic info can be strutinized by a foreign country, for who's government I didn't voted and to whom I have never done harm, without any over site by any US court or from any political institution. The US really knows how to keep their friend happy. My American friends the blowback on your "war on terror" is getting bigger and bigger by the day. The truth is that since 9/11 the number of home grown terror attacks in the US out number the foreign terror attacks by far. The military industrial complex have been looking for a new war since the cold war ended and they have it the "war on terror". Its a never ending war, with trillions in profits for them, its a war, like the "war on drugs" that can never be won (and is intended not to be won) as its purpose is to maintain military and security structures far exceding what the US needs and can afford. For the politicians it means mega election contributions and military power they can project around the world. So now I will be on some watchlist for the next 10 years and won't get an US visa. For you this spy program have little implications, but for non US citizens speaking your mind (free speech within legal boundaries) could have future implications like visa refusals.

• Like 2

Now just where do you think Snowden is going to get his money from? He doesn't have that much info to sell. Putin isn't that stupid. A high school drop out has been able to con himself into the NSA. Yes, he's smart but his actions tell you just how dumb he really is.

Snowden is in a position to say anything he wants and people will believe him just out of shear hysteria from the press!

If people start believing all his BS, then he wins and we lose. The Russians will be quick to learn that. Servers are used all over the world for big companies and us little people. It's called the Internet. It's no surprise about server use. The Chinese are doing it too. So use your brains and not what you read in the press. The press only want to sell papers.

Granted, Snowden has damaged the image of the US and the system. Now he's brain washing the world. Just take a look at what Thaksin has done to the Thai people.

Now just where do you think Snowden is going to get his money from? He doesn't have that much info to sell. Putin isn't that stupid. A high school drop out has been able to con himself into the NSA. Yes, he's smart but his actions tell you just how dumb he really is.

Snowden is in a position to say anything he wants and people will believe him just out of shear hysteria from the press!

If people start believing all his BS, then he wins and we lose. The Russians will be quick to learn that. Servers are used all over the world for big companies and us little people. It's called the Internet. It's no surprise about server use. The Chinese are doing it too. So use your brains and not what you read in the press. The press only want to sell papers.

Granted, Snowden has damaged the image of the US and the system. Now he's brain washing the world. Just take a look at what Thaksin has done to the Thai people.

What the US gov fears most is the credibility of his revelation, otherwise he'd be branded as a conspiracy theorist (like me tongue.png)

he always gets backed up by someone from within, haven't you noticed?

• Like 1

woo fscking hoo, so Snowden stole private information of/about/from others, and gave it away to Wikileaks or whoever the ..., so they can publish it themselves... and call this protection of privacy. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

I do understand the fear of people through possible information out of this, especially for insider trading (in stock-markets) to finance projects and to silence 'influential' people, call it bribes to continue their aim of total control in the near future. You do understand that most trade online and the tools they have used to crack and use ids/passwords of literally anything are plenty. One of the bonuses when you trade online is the 15 minutes before official opening you can start trading. These are seemingly huge advantages when you have insider knowledge. In fact I know of people who just worked only half an hour a day and made lots of profit the 15 minutes before the opening (these I know educated themselves). Someone may have more detailed info on this.It just jumped onto my mind from my memory hall.

At the end, nothing is free!!!

Snowden never exposed a single person, but the system and how it works.

Connecting the dots is not hard either.

How do you think they shift capital? They go to the bank and transfer money? wink.png

Edited by wealth

So whenever we log onto internet banking, someone may be recording our passwords pin's etc... Nothing to Hide???

That's right, nothing to hide. The government is not interested in your banking passwords. They already have a legitimate avenue that works flawlessly for stealing your money. Its called taxes.

• Like 1

Something tells me that, by now, The international efforts by the big Five have probably already caught up to your internet antics. I am sure there is some goofy computer nerd sitting in the Sigint Command Center deciphering all your ":hot" info on where to search on the internet for cute looking cat videos and UFO sightings. This guy probably plays computer poker when the boss is not looking over his shoulders. It would seem to me that pure boredom would make him wish he had his old job at Burger King back.

X-KEYSCORE
Secret NSA program in Thailand - Anudith seeks probe

Asina Pornwasin
The Nation

30211803-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Information and Communications Technology Minister Anudith Nakornthap yesterday said relevant agencies need to investigate the report about the existence in Thailand of the X-Keyscore operation - a US National Security Agency (NSA) program that allegedly secretly intercepts information delivered online.

Cyber-security experts in Thailand said it was possible that this country was one of the locations for the X-Keyscore operation. The program can be located at any data centre or at the servers of any organisation that lacked security, the experts said.

Anudith said the ICT Ministry, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), and network operators had to ensure network security.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-03

• Like 1

Spying is not new in this world.

This always exists to protect supremacy. We don't need to worry about it.

What we has to do is to continue our routine jobs. Eat, work, do sex, flirt, gamble, sleep, etc.

Will it make any difference to NSA?

The U.S have hacked every computer network in the world and are watching everyone and then they get upset if China does exactly the same thing. China are the evil bad guys and the U.S the good guys because they do it in the name of National Security and they hold the trademark on the term National Security.

A lot of posts and replies have been deleted. I have read every post in this thread and I am lost on some of the initials that are used and will delete further references to some of our CIA friends posting here who seem to think that the rest of us are impressed by the TCP and SIVBRT and their XYZ levels of clearance.

The forum language is English. It takes more than the Romanized Alphabet to make it English.

Posts which are nothing more than US-bashing posts are also deleted.

You are welcome to post your opinion, but your opinion has to be about the topic of this thread.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

According to wiki there are around 2.8 billion people in the world who use the Internet.

I am not important.

At about 9:00 am, my husband, who happened to be home yesterday, was sitting in the living room with our two dogs when he heard a couple of cars pull up outside. He looked out the window and saw three black SUVs in front of our house; two at the curb in front and one pulled up behind my husbands Jeep in the driveway, as if to block him from leaving. Six gentleman in casual clothes emerged from the vehicles and spread out as they walked toward the house." This was one of about a hundred times a week these same armed men in SUVs arrive at someone's front door. What exactly led them to Michele Catalano's house? She had been researching pressure cookers online. Her husband had been looking for a backpack. That combined with their son's news reading habits led to the visit...

Those who have wanted to control others have always used the line: if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

T

There's nothing in the article you link that connects what happened to XKeyscore, which is a legal foreign intelligence program.

Because Edward Snowden took much more than NSA domestic activities - to include how and against which foreign enemies of the United States intelligence is gathered - I feel more comfortable about XKeyscore, which is what we're talking about here. However, who knows whether XKeyscore will soon appear in Wikileaks, much to the cheer of Vladimir Putin and America's virulent enemies.

The unfortunate and scary experience of the family you cite is an honest mistake. The family was using key words of items used by the Boston Marathon bombers, which is still a vivid recent event. Let's not get hysterical about all this. As a nation we must and need to protect ourselves.

When I was an adolescent my best buddy was wrongly identified as another kid who'd done some willful property damage. The matter was quickly cleared up, in large part because of the personal attention the police gave to my buddy's credibility. Police questioning was a necessary (and required) part of the unhappy experience. I notice your cited story ended with the agents and the citizen shaking hands.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Edited by Publicus

I am not important.

T

There's nothing in the article you link that connects what happened to XKeyscore, which is a legal foreign intelligence program.

Because Edward Snowden took much more than NSA domestic activities - to include how and against which foreign enemies of the United States intelligence is gathered - I feel more comfortable about XKeyscore, which is what we're talking about here. However, who knows whether XKeyscore will soon appear in Wikileaks, much to the cheer of Vladimir Putin and America's virulent enemies.

The unfortunate and scary experience of the family you cite is an honest mistake. The family was using key words of items used by the Boston Marathon bombers, which is still a vivid recent event. Let's not get hysterical about all this. As a nation we must and need to protect ourselves.

When I was an adolescent my best buddy was wrongly identified as another kid who'd done some willful property damage. The matter was quickly cleared up, in large part because of the personal attention the police gave to my buddy's credibility. Police questioning was a necessary (and required) part of the unhappy experience. I notice your cited story ended with the agents and the citizen shaking hands.

the combination of all programs together is what counts. More revelations to come.

I don't think they smelled it out of thin air. This only works for FIAT money and nothing else.

I am not important.

T

the combination of all programs together is what counts. More revelations to come.

I don't think they smelled it out of thin air. This only works for FIAT money and nothing else.

We're talking about the legal foreign intelligence program, XKeyscore.

The combination of all programs - whatever that may mean to you - is not the topic.

If Thailand wants to find out about XKeyscore, it should sit down with the US ambassador. For one thing, Thailand's technology isn't going to catch up with the XKeyscore technology. This is best done diplomatically. The US ambassador might even invite the Thai government in for a comprehensive presentation. This might be the best approach for everyone involved to take in each country identified by the Guardian news story.

The only real limitation to this thought is that the Department of State probably doesn't know enough or much of this program.

Regardless, Snowden's revelation of the foreign intelligence gathering XKeyscore program is another instance of how Snowden went way beyond domestic surveillance issues. Snowden is going public with vital intelligence information gathered abroad to defend the United States - the how and the what of it.

The nexus of Putin, Assange and Snowden is a dangerous one to U.S. national security.

Assange and Snowden owe a lot to Putin. We'll all be reading everything in Wikileaks sooner or later. However, no one will be seeing what Beijing or Moscow do in cyber espionage and in intelligence gathering. Snowden is up to nothing good for the United States.

I have a feeling that much of the information gathered is shared with a lot of countries. There are plenty of soft targets, including more than a few in Thailand. It wasn't so long ago that there was an advisory that caused a bit of a problem when the US pointed a terrorism incident and the Thai gov't was caught with it's pants down.

Europe is also a target and let's not forget that even when the US is the target, it doesn't mean that the incident won't occur in someone else's back yard.

• Like 2