What would be your absolute dream wedding here in Thailand?

andrew

What would be your absolute dream wedding here in Thailand?

My dream marriage would take place on Samila Beach, Songkla.

Lots of fireworks. Plenty of booze. I guess you know what I mean.

The highlight of the event would be when a powerful spotlight picks out a lone piper up on the mountain in one of the Sultan's old forts.

Following that, the lights would re-direct to an assembly of bagpipe players on Samila Beach. They would be playing Amazing Grace.

This would be a tribute to .......... well ............ lots of different people.

Finally, an RAF helicopter would descend in order to take my bride and I off to our honeymoon in the Bora Bora Islands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously, there are a couple of reasons why none of this will ever happen.

First -- and this is just a minor detail -- the event would cost about 8 trillion dollars to host.

Second -- and this is really just nit-picking -- I am THE ONLY MEMBER of Thaivisa who's not a millionaire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's do away with the crap. Let's enjoy some pure class.

Turn the volume up as much as possible. Sit back. And enjoy.

And watch out for that lone piper.

• Like 2

Send me a PM, I can arrange all this for you and give you a nice discount on that 8 trillion$ price tag.

Frankly, I'll probably need a 99% discount.

As I said, I'm the only TV member who's not a millionaire.

But my woes don't stop there. I'm embarresed to say that my GF isn't Thai-Chinese, and I have a shockingly low post count.

Thanks for that andrew.

You know I am a long way from my gf tonight in a geographical sense but we speak on a daily basis. I am doing my best to reduce that distance, as is she.....no need for details but its not easy forging a long lasting relationship when decent work is hard to come by in Thailand.

Perhaps we shall have to live in Australia or the UK eventually....although I would prefer to be in Thailand where her family are....as she would miss them terribly.

As to where i would like to marry....its not something I have thought about....but a happy consideration...for me just spending every day together will be a joy.

For my grandfather however...at my wedding this must be played as he loved to sing it and will bring a tear to many an eye....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujr8dQJgQUU

• Like 2

Thanks for that andrew.

You know I am a long way from my gf tonight in a geographical sense but we speak on a daily basis. I am doing my best to reduce that distance, as is she.....no need for details but its not easy forging a long lasting relationship when decent work is hard to come by in Thailand.

Perhaps we shall have to live in Australia or the UK eventually....although I would prefer to be in Thailand where her family are....as she would miss them terribly.

As to where i would like to marry....its not something I have thought about....but a happy consideration...for me just spending every day together will be a joy.

For my grandfather however...at my wedding this must be played as he loved to sing it and will bring a tear to many an eye....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujr8dQJgQUU

I don't really know what to say, but I do understand more than you might think.

Specifically, you're talking about what's known as an LDR (Long Distance Relationship).

-----------------------------------------------

She and I met on a dating site. But at first, it was all wrong.

It was clearly a scam. Her photos didn't show a normal Thai girl. She looked like an Arab. And her surname was absurd.

---------------------------------------------

Then we met. She flew up from "down south" to manage a government conference in BKK.

We were together for two weeks.

We never went to pubs. We went to the zoo. And parks. And stuff. It was perfect.

And then she went back to that strange province down south that I knew nothing about.

------------------------------------------------

It was at that point that I realized I was in an LDR. I phoned her everyday. Always. I thought about her all the time.

And then it waned. She could never come to live in BKK, and I could never go and live down by the Malaysian border.

------------------------------------------------

I still remember the day in October 2011 when I woke up and noticed my house was starting to flood. Over the course of the next 2 or 3 hours, the water level rose by about 6 inches.

By about 12am, I knew that my house (a beautiful, Mediterranean-style villa) would be lost. So I called her. And she told me to abandon everything and go south.

I waded out to the entrance of my village. I took a taxi to Bang Sue Railway Station. I took the overnight sleeper down to Had Yai.

The train left at 3pm; she picked me up from Had Yai the next day at 8am and drove me to a province that I knew absolutely nothing about.

And I've now been here for for almost two years.

-------------------------------------------

So .......... how to manage an LDR.

I don't know. I really don't. I just got lucky.

Forum experts may give you tips and advice. But I really don't know what to say.

I do believe, however, that if you're determined enough then .......................

Edited by andrew
  • Like 1

You will make the necessary sacrifices.....I understand it totally.

My life is better now than before.

========================================

But this is boring. We need some more class.

Let's take a "peregrination" to Red Square:

========================================

Does anyone have a better version from Edinburgh?

... but do we all have to wear the checked skirt?

My forebears do have a Tartan, and I have the legs for it ... though I don't know is I have the balls for it ... rolleyes.gif

i could have not had a better dream than what turned to reality 23yrs ago.

had a busy day taxi here and there ampher,embassy then back to the ampher,then getting it translated,then having a bash at "tam nak thai" in a boat on the water[cost for 15 of us 4k]

baht that is then back to the wf's home for a piss up and sing-along.slept on the floor with 6 others.no nightmares since i am still in a dreamworld.

• Like 1

My idea of a dream wedding would be 500 people, unlimited good food, beer and whiskey, 1 million baht in sin sod on display, lots of good music and then,...

Watching the bride and groom (never me) ride off into the sunset.

Edited by NeverSure

Perhaps the best Thai wedding is the village ceremony, as it enables the couple to be "married" in the eyes of society without the encumberances that are attached to a legal marriage. Thai men certainly know how to organise the country to their advantage!

With the number of foreigners who manage to be taken to the cleaners by their Thai wives, it's probably more useful to discuss your dream divorce - the one in which you retain the house and at least some money in the bank.

• Like 1

"What would be your absolute dream wedding here in Thailand?"

To Marry an orphan, in as far away location from her work friends as possible---- then with all the money saved, would easy to take a real dream Honeymoon, travel 1st class.

• Like 2

I had my dream wedding in Thailand.

Myself and my wife and the people we care about in her parent's house.

About ten people in total. Lot's of food and 2 or 3 liters of Black Label to wash it down with.

Perfect. Only came to about 10k baht. :D

All the other stuff people do is for idiots if you ask me.

• Like 1

Perhaps the best Thai wedding is the village ceremony, as it enables the couple to be "married" in the eyes of society without the encumberances that are attached to a legal marriage. Thai men certainly know how to organise the country to their advantage!

+1